Why Does Tarboro Just Keeps Winning

Why Does Tarboro Keep Winning

• 2A numbers on their roster @ 60 this year

• Coaching

• Large area to pull the best players from

• Pulling players from outside there district

• All the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
So most any kid that wants to go to Tarboro in Edgecombe Co. can even thou it is in the City of Tarboro, they don't have to live in the city ? Basically open enrollment .
No that’s not how it works. It’s split up in 3 districts. You either go to North Edgecombe, Tarboro, or Southwest depending on which district you live in. I’m pretty sure every other county is the same.

So most any kid that wants to go to Tarboro in Edgecombe Co. can even thou it is in the City of Tarboro, they don't have to live in the city ? Basically open enrollment . Kids can choose any school in the county to go to ?

Just because a school is in a city doesn't mean its enrollment is limited to kids in city limits.

Yeah, went from 42 players in 2016 to 60 this year and blowing every team they play in the state of North Carolina out East & West. That would help any good school be better. 60 players help as much as a coach. 2017 Coach Kelly Holder could do as good with 60 players from around our area .
That's combined JV and Varsity. I think the numbers during the season was in the 40's

Eh maybe. Mitchell plays by the rules, and by the looks of this thread, Tarboro cheats, so...
B735WKzIUAAGbJm

I remember that post as well and he was mistaken. He said Edgecombe county school had open enrollment, and that is false. In order to go to a school outside of your district you have to be approved by the school board each year. Actually most years, more kids leave the Tarboro district to go to Southwest because they offer more AP classes than Tarboro.
I own that. I relied on a source I trusted, but even trusted sources can be given bad information. I apologize if the comments I made a year ago created a false narrative. I was wrong.

Reactions: TarVikes
So since you said more kids leave the Tarboro district to go to Southwest then, Kids that want to come from Southwest to Tarboro for football can ?
I believe the waivers would have to be for activities not available at your district school. Football is played at all three, so that doesn't fly.

Mount Airy draws kids outside the city limits. So does Elkin. Mount Airy also ends up with kids from Pilot and Toast. Sometimes Elkin ends up with kids from Fairview/Dobson, Ronda, and Jonesville. Pretty much every school gets transfers.
This is the complete truth, so why does everyone bag on Thomas Jefferson for this exact reason

This is the complete truth, so why does everyone bag on Thomas Jefferson for this exact reason

Yes traditional public schools get transfers but they usually are very few and they have to abide by LEA and NCHSAA transfer rules. However many charter schools are pulling from metropolitan populations or multiple counties. For me a school like TJCA isn't really the issue. They're probably getting most their kids from the eastern end of Rutherford that don't want to deal with the shenanigans at Forest City or ER and some Cleveland kids(I'm sure you can elaborate further). Schools like MIC, PLP and Bradford Prep pulling kids from the a population of millions in a metro area are the issue. These schools and the people that go to those schools also have resources many rural schools don't. I also think some charter schools do some funky things when it comes to the lotto. Not going to accuse any certain school but sometimes things don't add up. I however don't think TJCA is one of those schools. I ran into their soccer team one evening. Very respectful group of young men and extremely nice coach. I think TJCA does things right and the system works how it should work there.

Maybe a way to fix it is to look at the amount of population a school is pulling from and then classify. If you're pulling from a population of 300,000 then your odds of having better athletes is far more better than someone pulling from 10,000.

It is not the complete truth and I explained it in a previous post answering him also. So go read it.
Could you show which of these posts you’re talking about. I just briefly scanned over it and may have missed the one you’re referring to

Yes traditional public schools get transfers but they usually are very few and they have to abide by LEA and NCHSAA transfer rules. However many charter schools are pulling from metropolitan populations or multiple counties. For me a school like TJCA isn't really the issue. They're probably getting most their kids from the eastern end of Rutherford that don't want to deal with the shenanigans at Forest City or ER and some Cleveland kids(I'm sure you can elaborate further). Schools like MIC, PLP and Bradford Prep pulling kids from the a population of millions in a metro area are the issue. These schools and the people that go to those schools also have resources many rural schools don't. I also think some charter schools do some funky things when it comes to the lotto. Not going to accuse any certain school but sometimes things don't add up. I however don't think TJCA is one of those schools. I ran into their soccer team one evening. Very respectful group of young men and extremely nice coach. I think TJCA does things right and the system works how it should work there.

Maybe a way to fix it is to look at the amount of population a school is pulling from and then classify. If you're pulling from a population of 300,000 then your odds of having better athletes is far more better than someone pulling from 10,000.
Yes, most kids from TJ go there because they are having problems at their current school within the county. I know many of the kids at TJ now who came from Rutherford County schools came there because their parents thought it would be a better fit or they wanted to get their child away from the group of kids they were hanging out with before. As for Cleveland county kids, many of them transfer because they hear TJ is one of the best educations that they can receive. However, many Cleveland county kids end up returning to their previous school due to travel reasons or due to the fact that they can not keep up with the rigorous academics. This happens with many of the Rutherford County students also.

Reactions: btango
Tarboro is just a well coached powerhouse. Talk about a 60 man roster? That’s the JV team added onto the roster for the postseason. I don’t believe there is a team in 1A or 2A this year that could beat Tarboro, and that goes for the last 2 years also. They cannot be best if they play how they’re coached.
So you’re saying you beat Shelby? I’d think it would be a good game but kinda brash. Especially when you say last 2 yrs.

It doesn't work that way in Surry Co, there are 2 city Football schools 1A Mount Airy and 1A Elkin and 3 county schools 1A East Surry, 2A North Surry & 2A Surry Central. A kid can go to a school out of their district but only in a legal way. Be approved by the school they are leaving or start in there when in elementary school. There may be other ways I don't know about. But no kid can switch and play sports unless it's legal or the school they are leaving can report them to the NCHSAA. That is my understanding and may have changed some with the new NCHSAA rule of I think they may change one time without the 365-day rule and may have a misunderstanding on that.
That is the same thing around here. Every kid that transfers to TJ has to be approved by the school they came from to play sports. Otherwise they have to abide by the 365 rule

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I am more inclined to believe your previous post several months ago, it makes more sense and it was not a year ago you said it. It was earlier this year. But it is what it is.
I’m pretty sure it was a year ago. I’m a Tarboro fan. Why do I need to be here after football season?

As for what you want to believe, I guess you can believe whatever you want. I just know if you are using me as the center of your belief system, I’m pretty sure you will find it less than inspiring.

So you’re saying you beat Shelby? I’d think it would be a good game but kinda brash. Especially when you say last 2 yrs.
I don’t know if that’s what he’s saying, but I’d love to see that matchup. They played 20 years ago and Shelby won.

I’d love to see it too but when you’re saying you win 1a and 2a for the last couple yrs then you’re saying you beat Shelby. And that’s a task all in itself. I’ll admit tarboro is at a different level in 1a but it’s a different beast at 2a/2aa. Ask WRH.

I’d love to see it too but when you’re saying you win 1a and 2a for the last couple yrs then you’re saying you beat Shelby. And that’s a task all in itself. I’ll admit tarboro is at a different level in 1a but it’s a different beast at 2a/2aa. Ask WRH.
And Im sure reidsville fans would have a little to say about it too.

Tarboro folks aren't saying anything. Why would we? We've been 2A within the last decade, went to 5 straight championship games and won 3. It was only when we moved down to 1A and started playing Wallace each year that trips to the finals slowed down. I try not to get on these boards and talk smack because every dog has his day. In the case of WRH, we just ran into bigger dogs. Stay humble and enjoy the ride for as long as it takes you.

Remember you can vote on 2 and change your votes if you have read anything that would change your mind. This is not saying they cheat because whatever they do it has to be within the NCHSAA guidelines. There are legal things that can be done that are unfair to some teams, but it is legal.
Why is it every time I read a TD post, I hear it in Cartman's voice.

My lord those PF and PA are just mind boggling...
Well, they must be putting up with it as Tarboro has been blowing everyone out the last few years. This year PF 549 - PA 35 ....
2018, PF 794 - PA 62 (with PF 188- 23 PA coming in the playoffs)

Tarboro over the past few years gives shelby all they want. It’d be close. They may be the best team this year up to 3a

Tarboro over the past few years gives shelby all they want. It’d be close. They may be the best team this year up to 3a
You obviously have not watched Shelby over the last few years. That is a completely different animal. I would say that Tarboro is the best up to 3a with the exception of Shelby.

Well, they must be putting up with it as Tarboro has been blowing everyone out the last few years. This year PF 549 - PA 35 ....
2018, PF 794 - PA 62 (with PF 188- 23 PA coming in the playoffs)
The 2017 team wants some love while we are at it, TD. PF 765 - PA 66. (186-24 in the playoffs)

Reactions: Mhsneer
Someone from Mt Airy is calling into question students moving into a district for sports or being allowed to transfer and play sports although they live outside the district!

Tarboro, East Surry and Edenton are very capable of winning small 2a this year.

I have not seen those three teams play this season but they are obviously very good. I know two of the HC's and they are the best at what they do and have rings. Regarding Shelby...I think that would be a tough matchup for any of those teams. Although they would all be in it to win it in 2A/2AA Shelby has been a notch above for several years now. Does not matter, all Tarboro or any other team needs to do is win the next two against the team from their subclassification.

All you have to have is an address to go to any school you want in Edgecombe County. Tarboro has advantages, as in, the coach could send out a mass text, " weight room open today, 4-7. The kids don't have far to go. Kids at SW or NE are spread out. The reason they keep on rolling, is first because of coaching. They keep a great coach. Second, it isn't because they run the same offense and defense from the time they're 9, it's because these kids play together from the the time they're that age. These kids slober at the mouth to put on the purple and canary yellow for the first time.
The main reason is very simple. They believe they will win every time they suit up. Motivation is 95% of high school coaching, these kids are motivated by the previous teams success. They want to carry in the excellence, and the town supports the team. Until somebody knocks them off, enjoy the tea-bag.

I think the most important reason for Tarboro’s success hasn’t even been mentioned yet and it’s really quite simple. From what I’ve heard the Coach shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the program. Not saying the program or anyone on the team is perfect but they seem to really have a good Christian Foundation on which their program is built upon. We live in a world today where the devil uses political correctness to silence people who follow Christ and challenge Gods authorities and the minds of these young men. Sounds to me like the main reason for Tarboro’s success isn’t the numbers, size of the county or town but rather maybe the foundation that’s in place there.. just my opinion

Reactions: Mhsneer
I don’t think Jesus cares who wins on the scoreboard, however certainly tarboro is blessed if their coach is a Christian example. Winning in life is the most important game.

All you have to have is an address to go to any school you want in Edgecombe County. Tarboro has advantages, as in, the coach could send out a mass text, " weight room open today, 4-7. The kids don't have far to go. Kids at SW or NE are spread out. The reason they keep on rolling, is first because of coaching. They keep a great coach. Second, it isn't because they run the same offense and defense from the time they're 9, it's because these kids play together from the the time they're that age. These kids slober at the mouth to put on the purple and canary yellow for the first time.
The main reason is very simple. They believe they will win every time they suit up. Motivation is 95% of high school coaching, these kids are motivated by the previous teams success. They want to carry in the excellence, and the town supports the team. Until somebody knocks them off, enjoy the tea-bag.
I can see that. You’re not a transfer If you start your high school career at that high school.

Tarboro folks aren't saying anything. Why would we? We've been 2A within the last decade, went to 5 straight championship games and won 3. It was only when we moved down to 1A and started playing Wallace each year that trips to the finals slowed down. I try not to get on these boards and talk smack because every dog has his day. In the case of WRH, we just ran into bigger dogs. Stay humble and enjoy the ride for as long as it takes you.
I didn’t say you were , I said he was. You
we’re the one defending.

With all the bragging that Tarboro could win the 2A Championship, maybe it is a good idea to put them in 2A in the next realignment especially if they keep winning the 1AA Championship every year !
Who's bragging? & folks forget that Tarboro went to a few 2A state championships in 2A. Thats where both of my rings came from so hey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT