ADVERTISEMENT

Why Aren't We Playing?

Rebel One

Sep 15, 2001
Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina are all playing high school football. North Carolina is not, why? The chief of the NCHSAA is deferring to our governor for direction. Does she answer to him? Does he sign her paycheck? Cooper has consistently demonstrated his inability to make proper decisions regarding life with Covid. Start practice on Monday for three weeks, then start the season!

Reactions: BK13T-$
I understand your frustration but thats not going to happen. An association of public schools cant move ahead without the support of the state government. Thats just how it is. Honestly, Im not 100% sure theyre gonna start volleyball etc in November. i think they will, but theres still a chance they may not. There are so many variables still. We have many systems who are still not allowing workouts, nor back in face to face learning. Unfortunately, its not just about the governor at this point. Even if he said OK tomorrow it would be impossible to play right now.

There is LITERALLY a 0% chance they play football this fall Zero. Its just how it is. I thought in March we would go back to relative normal by the time school started. But oh well.

I’m just traveling to SC FOR my football now. Dillon last week for a great one , now down 95 to Sumter this Friday.
Nc/Sc border just 5 miles

How many ppl are they letting in.

Pageland Central (just over SC border) has had to cancel its 3rd straight game. Hopefully delaying until spring will prevent this from happening in NC.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I understand both sides of the argument. Only question I have...how are youth football games going on in mecklenburg county? But no HS games...it makes no sense to me.

are the states playing football on the HS level doing it in a successful way? With not too many canceled games? how are Texas, GA, SC and all these other southern states holding up? I’m genuinely asking as I haven’t been paying attention to HS recently.

Reactions: UNC91
Are the sports that were scheduled to start in November still on track to start? If those get postponed or cancelled I think it’s time for us football fans to get a little nervous. I feel for the 2021 kids

NFL, College, High School games have been cancelled. 2020 has been a disaster, things are not running smoothly.

right about now we’d all be talking about playoff seedings, brackets, and ADM numbers. but not here in NC. hopefully we can find our way out from under all this political mess, and that’s exactly what it boils down to, sometime in the near future. the covid ain’t going anywhere people. are we going to live like this forever? i sure as hell hope not.

right about now we’d all be talking about playoff seedings, brackets, and ADM numbers. but not here in NC. hopefully we can find our way out from under all this political mess, and that’s exactly what it boils down to, sometime in the near future. the covid ain’t going anywhere people. are we going to live like this forever? i sure as hell hope not.
Has absolutely nothing to do with Politics! People are dying and being effected at an extremely high rates. Playoffs seeding and brackets are irrelevant right now. Hopefully will make it to that 1st game scheduled In February. Que Tucker has done an excellent job

Last edited:
Has absolutely nothing to do with Politics! People are dying and being effected at an extremely high rates. Playoffs seeding and brackets are irrelevant right now. Hopefully will make it to that 1st game scheduled In February. Que Tucker has done an excellent job

Wow ha now that's funny.

The reality is if the roles were reversed, the democrats would be saying "its politics that we are opening back up to kill people".

Bottom line is people have different views about how to handle this. Both sides have legit points. I think at some point, the cure is worse than the disease. But where that point is differs in everyones mind.

Reactions: UNC91
😂 Sweet Jesus! People can now find articles to push anything they believe. Let’s just pack stadiums with 1000’s of people, and just pretend like nothing’s happening. How about, If we would have had a unified aggressive plan in the beginning, when it was all a Hoax, and the heat was going to kill it by Easter. We wouldn’t be in this dilemma, and that article above wouldn’t exist. We would be talking football and the playoffs. Entire Conferences have cancelled or rescheduled their seasons across the US. That part has nothing to do with politics. Collectively schools have lost billions.

Last edited:
😂 Sweet Jesus! People can now find articles to push anything they believe. Let’s just pack stadiums with 1000’s of people, and just pretend like nothing’s happening. How about, If we would have had a unified aggressive plan in the beginning, when it was all a Hoax, and the heat was going to kill it by Easter. We wouldn’t be in this dilemma, and that article above wouldn’t exist. We would be talking football and the playoffs. Entire Conferences have cancelled or rescheduled their seasons across the US. That part has nothing to do with politics. Collectively schools have lost billions.
When you make a post like this all you are doing is trying to make it fit your narrative. It wouldn’t of mattered what political party was in power when Covid hit.More than likely the results would of been the same when it 1st hit.Nobody wants to put blame on where it started and how it affected the whole WORLD!!!!

Reactions: UNC91 and BK13T-$
When you make a post like this all you are doing is trying to make it fit your narrative. It wouldn’t of mattered what political party was in power when Covid hit.More than likely the results would of been the same when it 1st hit.Nobody wants to put blame on where it started and how it affected the whole WORLD!!!!
That’s not a fact. That’s your opinion. A owner of a Chick-fil-A, who runs the world greatest drive through, would’ve did a better job. Instead, a bunch of people handled it differently. The end. That’s my narrative.

Last edited:
Is science different from state to state.

Also, scientists have changed view multiple time so if science was always true it wouldn't needed to change. IJS

Reactions: UNC91 and BlueVols
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it" IJS!

What the recovery rate now that the science has a better understanding of the virus.

My son has got 10 games in this year and 3 offers so far because he was able to play his Senior year. Playoffs start Friday.I’m so thankful my wife teaches in TN.

I would advise you, have your son find a school he likes and commit. This year every college player will not lose any eligibility on the Football field. So basically, all players can come back in play next year. So teams will be shuffling around players they want to keep, and some will be getting pink slips. Seniors who graduate this season with a year of eligibility, who are not contributors. Will be the 1st on the chopping block. The football portal will be loaded. We have been fortunate at the Creek, to get 10 seniors offers, although no football thus far. Things will pick up in February when football starts. We’re advising all players to commit immediately, as this season, and offer without a commitment, can go away fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Is science different from state to state.

Also, scientists have changed view multiple time so if science was always true it wouldn't needed to change. IJS
You feel inconvenienced! Your football is coming. You’ll be ok! You use the Science you have! Guessing can have a sad ending. IJS

Last edited:
I would advise you, have your son find a school he likes and commit. This year every college player will not lose any eligibility on the Football field. So basically, all players can come back in play next year. So teams will be shuffling around players they want to keep, and some will be getting pink slips. Seniors who graduate this season with a year of eligibility, who are not contributors. Will be the 1st on the chopping block. The football portal will be loaded. We have been fortunate at the Creek, to get 10 seniors offers, although no football thus far. Things will pick up in February when football starts. We’re advising all players to commit immediately, as this season, and offer without a commitment, can go away fast.

Thanks for the advice. His offers are from a NAIA School, Centre, and Grove City College. Elmhurst wants him to come visit. He is not a D1 player. Maybe a scout team player at a FCS school as a walk on.

You still didn’t tell me what the survival rate is now for Covid now that the Scientists understand the virus better.

Reactions: UNC91 and BK13T-$
Thanks for the advice. His offers are from a NAIA School, Centre, and Grove City College. Elmhurst wants him to come visit. He is not a D1 player. Maybe a scout team player at a FCS school as a walk on.

You still didn’t tell me what the survival rate is now for Covid now that the Scientists understand the virus better.

Awesome news for your son. Zero problem with not being a D1 kid. Get that paper and use the lessons football teaches you to have a great career in his chosen field.

To answer the question...The mortality rate is down significantly from where it once was. Have gotten much better at early treatments. That said...still a very scary illness and death rate only tells part of the story. Long term effects are only starting to emerge. I know multiple people who tested positive, had minimal symptoms but still are having issues with breathing and energy level. Believe it when the doctors say this is a tricky sucker. Lts of variables.

I believe we have to certainly learn to live with the virus until we get better at treatment and hopefully get a vaccine( Though that only is the beginning). I think the the debate needs to be shifted from " lock down or no lock down"and move to what living with it looks like and there has been some solid movement at the state and local levels with regards to that as well.

Sadly this has become a culture war..........and regardless of what happens over the next couple days that doesnt look like its ending anytime soon.

You still didn’t tell me what the survival rate is now for Covid now that the Scientists understand the virus better.?

I don't know, but I'm thinking the recovery rate is pretty good, but I believe them not knowing how it will effect you long term, is the problem. As I have 5 friends that caught it, and 3 of them are having medical issues, that weren't pre-existing before they tested positive. I hate the mask, but we wear them in my household.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT