ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren't colleges recruiting mountain players?

Probably the stereotype of mountain kids being slow and un-athletic, which isnt true but still believed

I can say from experience that AC Renyolds has some Saturday players on its team. The QB can play D-1

Ever since the movie Deliverance, no one wants to recruit a mountain player. That won’t change no matter how loud you squeal.

Ever since the movie Deliverance, no one wants to recruit a mountain player. That won’t change no matter how loud you squeal.
I would not blame a movie for mountain players not recruiting, that's just dumb. It is simply because of the stigma whether true or not that mountain players aren't athletic and are slow.

I would not blame a movie for mountain players not recruiting, that's just dumb. It is simply because of the stigma whether true or not that mountain players aren't athletic and are slow.

He was not being serious...well, I don't think he was.

I disagree with the premise of the article. The larger mountain schools do seem to get their kids recruited. I think its more of a small school, big school issue as there seem to be alot of 2A, 1A schools out there moreso than 3A/4A. I wouldnt put schools Ashville, AC Reynolds, Erwin, Freedom, and the Caldwell County schools in this category. Even Owen had a 3 star kid who went to the big east conference 2 or 3 years ago. Over rated topic IMO

I don't know a lot about the Mountain kids, but this one is big time. Kalin Ensley,6'4" 195 WR,

Could it back because they're not going to combine and camps?
This could be the issue. Colleges will come if you go to camp and belong with the ones they are recruiting. They do not go by Friday night stats. You must get on the college campus and prove you belong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT