ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your money on???

PtownViking

Jul 15, 2005
I've been seeing a lot of "what if" conversation regarding how our 1A teams would fair against the higher classes as of course we've seen in the past. Here's my question...

What 1A Championship Team (1A/1AA; no matter the year) would you place all bets on to knock off any 4A/4AA champion(s) from past years???

There's probably never been a 1A team that could've beat a 4A championship team. Maybe not even any that could have beat the 3A champion, although I think there are a select few who could have come real close. There's been several that could've and wouldve won 2A.

Thomasville in from 05-06 will beat 2A/AA and might could beat 3 A and 3AA due to their defense but no way in the world they could beat Independence during the same era. Albermable is another team that would compete or beat 2A and 3A but not 4A (Independence again) . It is not fathomable to see 1A champs to be on same field as 4A.

I will say this back in 1984 Tarboro played Kannopolis Brown for the 3A state title and Tarboro only had 31 players if I’m not mistaken and Kannapolis was ranked in the nation that year and Tarboro didn’t even allow them a single first down let alone a score in that game

I will say this back in 1984 Tarboro played Kannopolis Brown for the 3A state title and Tarboro only had 31 players if I’m not mistaken and Kannapolis was ranked in the nation that year and Tarboro didn’t even allow them a single first down let alone a score in that game

Kelvin Bryant could run on anyone ... that’s a fact ... just ask ECU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT