ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the favorite to win 3A?

First things first, good luck to your Chargers in the playoffs I am taking them by 17-20 over Erwin and KM by 1 over WH.

I hope this quote was meant as a joke, Crest will beat Erwin by 30+, and KM will beat WH by whatever the number they choose. WH can't pass effectively at all, and they struggle when they play against teams with athletes.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
Well KM has a easy Road to the State Championship. Huss,Crest, and Catholic will see each other early in the Playoffs. Huss has Monroe then CC if they Win. You still have to line up and play the game. KM will have to play all playoff games on the RD. This can be interesting.

I would never say facing ACR in the third round as "easy" nor the fourth round versus, Huss, Catholic or Crest. The jury is still out on Statesville which KM would see in the second round...sounds like Murders row to me for KM.

CatholicCougs ; what was the reasoning behind the big running back leaving to go too Huss. I know it’s old news but what led to his dissatisfaction. Seems like his physical potential was there. Did the Huss coach get in his head to make the move ? Or did his parents have a falling out with you alls staff ?
There was no falling out. No clue why he left, you'd have to ask him. Glad to see him doing well there though

I would never say facing ACR in the third round as "easy" nor the fourth round versus, Huss, Catholic or Crest. The jury is still out on Statesville which KM would see in the second round...sounds like Murders row to me for KM.
Didn't KM beat them pretty good last year?

So the number 7 seed West gets "rewarded" with an angry KM team in the first round...ouch.

Crest could be blind and makes the 3rd round
Catholic will have a "decent" game against Huss but no real trouble
Catholic beats Crest in a low scoring affair

AC Reynolds struggles through the 2nd round, limps into the 3rd (not surprised by an early round upset here)
KM & Statesville running clock themselves into the 2nd round, play a really tough game but I think the tougher schedule benefits KM and they take that momentum to the semis

KM vs Catholic for the west with CC heading back to the ship once again

Crest could be blind and makes the 3rd round
Catholic will have a "decent" game against Huss but no real trouble
Catholic beats Crest in a low scoring affair

AC Reynolds struggles through the 2nd round, limps into the 3rd (not surprised by an early round upset here)
KM & Statesville running clock themselves into the 2nd round, play a really tough game but I think the tougher schedule benefits KM and they take that momentum to the semis

KM vs Catholic for the west with CC heading back to the ship once again

is 3A really that inferior to 3AA? Catholic is way down this year.. granted they haven't lost since the Weddington game but they haven't exactly cakewalked through their schedule since then either.

is 3A really that inferior to 3AA? Catholic is way down this year.. granted they haven't lost since the Weddington game but they haven't exactly cakewalked through their schedule since then either.
Experience means a lot this time of year. I look at who CC lost to and how they lost.

The out of state loses are coin tosses against legit programs. The only ugly blemish is Weddington, who I am being told is the second coming of Chris Leak and Indy (can't be beat by anyone). I know W is really good but figure that loss being so ugly, was a combo of both a great night by a better team and a bad night by a strong team.

I don't know where "inferior" comes from. If you drop CC in 3AA, I think there's a good chance they still play in the semis against W, depending on draw.

According to all of NC, everyone is inferior to Weddington. 4A-4AA included.

No way. I take Mallard Creek, Myers park, and Richmond over Weddington. They are the best 3A team and honestly there are some teams that could give them a good game. Dudley, Cleveland, and a few more will play them tough

Reactions: Crr1968
And to clarify I'm a mean green fan but Independence during it's run could play with anyone in the nation. I'm not saying Weddington is not well coached but I lived in Florida for a while and I can they would get running clocked by St Thomas Aquinas or Tampa Armwood

Experience means a lot this time of year. I look at who CC lost to and how they lost.

The out of state loses are coin tosses against legit programs. The only ugly blemish is Weddington, who I am being told is the second coming of Chris Leak and Indy (can't be beat by anyone). I know W is really good but figure that loss being so ugly, was a combo of both a great night by a better team and a bad night by a strong team.

I don't know where "inferior" comes from. If you drop CC in 3AA, I think there's a good chance they still play in the semis against W, depending on draw.

According to all of NC, everyone is inferior to Weddington. 4A-4AA included.

I haven’t heard anyone say Weddington was the second coming of Independence or that everyone in the state is inferior to them. I doubt we will ever see an Indepence type of run again. Weddington isa well coached team who has a lot of 3 year starters. I don’t know how they would fare against the big 3 in 4AA, but I’d bet they would hold their own against them. And there are a lot of good teams in 3AA they would be good matchups. That being said, Weddington will be tough to beat, as will other teams. But I’ve heard no one crown them as the King of NC

My apologies, the sarcasm I meant must have been missed. I don't think Weddington could touch the best of 4AA. I certainly don't think they could SNIFF the big I of the Leak days. The word "inferior" was used toward all of 3A because I said CC would make a run. Don't get me wrong, Weddington has been an impressive program and that started with the last staff. Do I think they will win 3AA, yes. Do I also think they can be beat if they have a bad night, yes.

Hope that clears up my prior post.

Didn't KM beat them pretty good last year?

Think the score made it seem worse than it was. Was really cold and at times sloppy game. Think Paysour had a 100 yard pick 6 that broke Statesville back and sort of changed the momentum of the game. If KM can't figure out how to stop turning the ball over and stop the run, it might be a different story this year.

I haven’t heard anyone say Weddington was the second coming of Independence or that everyone in the state is inferior to them. I doubt we will ever see an Indepence type of run again. Weddington isa well coached team who has a lot of 3 year starters. I don’t know how they would fare against the big 3 in 4AA, but I’d bet they would hold their own against them. And there are a lot of good teams in 3AA they would be good matchups. That being said, Weddington will be tough to beat, as will other teams. But I’ve heard no one crown them as the King of NC
My apologies, the sarcasm I meant must have been missed. I don't think Weddington could touch the best of 4AA. I certainly don't think they could SNIFF the big I of the Leak days. The word "inferior" was used toward all of 3A because I said CC would make a run. Don't get me wrong, Weddington has been an impressive program and that started with the last staff. Do I think they will win 3AA, yes. Do I also think they can be beat if they have a bad night, yes.

Who is the best of 4AA? I know the 10th seed in 2a Wallace Rose Hill played the defending champs Wake Forest a very close game and without their QB.

I believe they could have with the best 4AA teams. Not saying they would win, but the defense is one of the best defenses in state, regardless of classification. Ardrey Kell is a good football team in 4AA and has only one loss: to Weddington. And it wasn’t close. So I disagree with the notion that they couldn’t play with the big boys. As for Big I, there’s not a team in NC now that would beat them. That was truly a team of all-stars and future professional players.

Who is the best of 4AA? I know the 10th seed in 2a Wallace Rose Hill played the defending champs Wake Forest a very close game and without their QB.
Most people think it’s between Richmond County, Myers Park, and Mallard Creek.

Charlotte Catholic is the reigning champ and until someone knocks them off their perch, should be the favorite. With that being said I'm predicting Shelby Crest and Southern Nash squaring off for the championship at Carter Finely in Raleigh and the Firebirds making the short trip back to the Stanhope Community with the championship trophy.

Reactions: 252wildcat
Sure hope you’re right BigKev. You’re prediction for my Chargers is pretty Strong. We’re still waiting on Chargerlube report. He’s batting 1000 on the last 2. Me and him have gotten all kinds of Conspiracy Theories started ! Next somebody gonna say this is a little fishy so just expect it.

Reactions: 252wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT