ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the favorite to win 3A?

Chargers#1

Oct 5, 2002
I don't have a clue now. But I guess it's probably going to be Charlotte Catholic representing the west again. KM still has the most talent. Hopefully Crest can win a couple playoff games.

Reactions: Crestuff
Seems like every time a big game is on the line, us Crest fans doubt these boys and somehow they prove us wrong. I love this team, it's been a joy watching them play this season. With that being said, are they state championship team? Very doubtful...but if you would have told me two months ago they would be big south conference champs outright I would have laughed...yet here we are...However, with Crest going 3A most likely along with Huss, KM, and Catholic the playoffs just got a lot tougher...The 3A West is going to be so beat up and tired, the East might finally get a win.

I don't have a clue now. But I guess it's probably going to be Charlotte Catholic representing the west again. KM still has the most talent. Hopefully Crest can win a couple playoff games.
Hands downs THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS, having beating HUSS and KM and CC being down a little should be a CAKE WALK for THE MIGHTY AND NOW UNBEATABLE CREST CHARGERS.

Last edited:
3A is going to go to Havelock
3AA will be running clock playoffs to Weddington
3A is going to be interesting, could see Crest, CC, KM all winning it. HH too. AC Reynolds looks like theyll drop down as well.
3AA if Weddington loses before the title game then I'll be shocked.

Reactions: Crr1968
I think AC are still big but largely a non factor. Dudley is getting good, this Lee county team must do something right, and I'm thinking we might see km crest again...

Mountiepride is a little sarcastic. But hey we squeeked out a win against all your D1 prospects. Coach Eddins and team will just take it one game at a time. Maybe you all can regroup because you know everybody thinks Eddins can’t coach !!! Hahaha

Wow did not expect ac Reynolds to go small and if those brackets stay that way, you couldn’t have asked for a better draw if you’re ac Reynolds

Wow did not expect ac Reynolds to go small and if those brackets stay that way, you couldn’t have asked for a better draw if you’re ac Reynolds
Even Erwin went small and they had more students then ACR. As for the draw, can’t overlook anyone but last year in 3AA was a bear for us, AL Brown, Sun Valley, then Mt. Tabor! I don’t anyone will think this years first 2 rounds are as difficult as last year but the third round will be a bear this year should we get there.

Crest, CC, Huss or KM for 3A west. Good news for KM is they only have to beat one of those to advance to state.

3A is going to be interesting, could see Crest, CC, KM all winning it. HH too. AC Reynolds looks like theyll drop down as well.
3AA if Weddington loses before the title game then I'll be shocked.
The 3A west looks very interesting. Gonna be some good football games played

I think West Rowan should be the favorite if Crest can win their first round game.
shopping

Statesville is a sleeper, I don't want to give bulletin board material for the greyhounds, but much like KM, they seem to choke when it matters most. Or at the very least under achieve. There conference is weak...However, Crest played in a weak conference as well (not counting Shelby) and still won state...maybe the greyhounds finally get over the hump this year?

Last edited:
I don’t know understand why they’re never mentioned as a threat.The Greyhounds are really talented and big in the trenches. Their skill guys are extremely fast. I understand that they sometimes play below their potential but those guys are super talented and their ceiling is extremely high. Those guys were the one team in the 3A west that I wanted to avoid.

I don’t know understand why they’re never mentioned as a threat.The Greyhounds are really talented and big in the trenches. Their skill guys are extremely fast. I understand that they sometimes play below their potential but those guys are super talented and their ceiling is extremely high. Those guys were the one team in the 3A west that I wanted to avoid.

Once again my nemesis has found me...alright, I blew the West Henderson vs ACR call...you was right again, but this is not over my friend...

I really do believe as talented as the greyhounds are and while they are of course a potential champion contender, Should KM, and Statesville meet in the second round, I'm taking the mountaineers by at least 2 or 3 Touch downs...ok your turn!

Ill take Statesville. I think it's cute how lloyd gets a bad team down and tries to hang 70 on them. That's why I can't pull for them

Once again my nemesis has found me...alright, I blew the West Henderson vs ACR call...you was right again, but this is not over my friend...

I really do believe as talented as the greyhounds are and while they are of course a potential champion contender, Should KM, and Statesville meet in the second round, I'm taking the mountaineers by at least 2 or 3 Touch downs...ok your turn!
It’s too early for me to predict the Statesville game. I will take five 1 point wins if it gets us a state title lol. Last year KM jumped on Statesville early due to a couple of Greyhound turnovers and their decision to play man coverage on Paysour early. Once Statesville settled down some it was basically a slugfest the rest of the way. Those guys fought their way back into the game. Statesville was twice the challenge that NW Cabarrus turned out to be. KM and Statesville return many of the same players so the Greyhounds will have some revenge motivation. First things first, good luck to your Chargers in the playoffs I am taking them by 17-20 over Erwin and KM by 1 over WH.

Yeah we agree on this. Dudley has athletes to hang with Weddington but not the level of discipline. The coach at Weddington needs to win it this year and go get a South Carolina job

Watagua was destroyed by Weddington a year ago. The Warriors are better than they were last year, is Watagua that much better?
As someone who coached against Weddington this year, I'll answer that for you, it's no.
The Puntster can dream, can't he?

CatholicCougs ; what was the reasoning behind the big running back leaving to go too Huss. I know it’s old news but what led to his dissatisfaction. Seems like his physical potential was there. Did the Huss coach get in his head to make the move ? Or did his parents have a falling out with you alls staff ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT