ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Going To Be The Best 1AA Teams From The West?

hornet62

May 11, 2010
To anyone whom do you think will be the best 1AA teams to come from the West: It's going to be a shame that Edenton/Holmes and Tarboro will knock each other out of the big 1AA for the state eastern championship most likely. Both coaches are good friends.

West Montgomery is the best in the west (1-AA), but it really doesnt matter, the East is a different level.

I sure wish Edenton/Holmes and Tarboro didn't have to play each other in the playoff most likely for the eastern championship if things fall into place but in football you never know what will happen when the playoff starts.

Y'all are all Wrong!! East Surry has too much returning talent and will be on another level compared to anyone in 1AA...Clearly best team in the West. Edenton Holmes or Tarboro will have to play there best game of the season to make it a close game in the State Championship unless they wanna get Blown Out!!

I don't about all that... I think everyone is underestimating East Wilkes. They return a lot of talent from a decent 8- 5 season, and add several juniors that haven't lost a high school game yet. I'm not even considering them a sleeper or a darkhorse, I think they will flat out contend. Nothing flashy, just solid fundamental football. The kind that drives opponents crazy cause it's so simple, yet they can't stop it. My own opinion of course...

This is true, but I still think East Wilkes will be on another level this year. Vestel is a good athlete.
This is a joke right East Surry is returning 10 players on both sides of the ball with starting experience and the kids that are coming back have been working their tails off since the day they got eliminated last season East Wilkes will be lucky if they prove to belong on the same field with East Surry after that first week in august!!

Who's going to be the best teams from the east in 1AA comes playoff time?
I would guess Tarboro and Edenton/Holmes Tarboro has tons of speed and lost to Wallace rose hill last year in the 4th round while Edenton played for the state title in 2A and lost to Riedsville I would expect these 2 to battle it out in the 4th round in the East

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Umm explain how the MVAC is "weak". The 2A teams might be weak in the 2A ranks but it makes for a tough conference for the 1A schools.

Umm explain how the MVAC is "weak". The 2A teams might be weak in the 2A ranks but it makes for a tough conference for the 1A schools.

I like the teams in the MVAC, but really there's no question that it has been down for a while. While Starmount has had their success, and Elkin used to be a 1a powerhouse, lately there hasn't been much competition come out of the conference with the exception of the 2015 Ashe County team, and the 2015 East Wilkes team (a very good and very underrated squad that was the only defense to contain Mitchell's high powered offense)

elkin starmount and alleghany(2014 exception when my boys made final 4) have been pitiful for years now, east wilkes is ok but they never win come playoff time, 2a teams never win anything come playoff time either

Y'all are all Wrong!! East Surry has too much returning talent and will be on another level compared to anyone in 1AA...Clearly best team in the West. Edenton Holmes or Tarboro will have to play there best game of the season to make it a close game in the State Championship unless they wanna get Blown Out!!
Is this a joke? Or are you that delusional? You do realize Tarboro returns literally just as much as East Surry and were WAY better than you last season.

You might first want to work on getting passed the team that blew your doors off by 43 in the 2nd round of the playoffs before making proclamations of being the best team in the west.

Last edited:
MBD let that go....guess is that's a player or fan from another team stirring the pot...they have a good senior group coming back

Is this a joke? Or are you that delusional? You do realize Tarboro returns literally just as much as East Surry and were WAY better than you last season.

You might first want to work on getting passed the team that blew your doors off by 43 in the 2nd round of the playoffs before making proclamations of being the best team in the west.
No this isn't a joke this East Surry team actually beat the team "that blew their doors off" once last season and last time I checked that team lost 4-5 of their o-line QB RB leading tackler at LB and the best DL in the conference while East Surry lost one O-linemen seriously doubt it will be close

First, I disagree with ESODcards!

Here are my "best 1-AA teams from the West": no specific order!
Mount Airy
Mitchell
East Wilkes
North Rowan
Swain
West Montgomery
East Surry

Mount Airy has tremendous speed!
Question will be since West Montgomery and North Rowan are in the same conference does that mean that one of them will get a bye the first week and the other will play a pretty good team the first round. And the same for East Surry and Mt. Airy since they are both Northwest 1-A. Both have a player who ran a sub 4.5 forty at Wake Forest football camp.

And if Mountain Island Charter or Murphy are large 1-AA then some of these "good" teams will not get out of the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT