• Total voters
I'd like to say CF because they

1. were quick to react during the exchange of 11's
2. were very trickery
3. were quick on the line
4. had one weapon.....that ONE LEG-IT QUARTERBack
5. played the cheerleader role for the fans
6. had that one Leg-it quarterback throwing a DIME SIZE SHOT GROUP passes
7. and the first half at Pate was dominated mostly by the one leg-IT quarterback
8. and didnt they have some sort of kinda 200lb fella chasing down Scotlands QB........I was like "What the"

BUT MY CHOICE IS DUDLEY

Taking a page straight outta s2v,sc2v,c2f,etc's playbook...crazy_dudley_fan it's official!! Dudley Dudley Dudley !!!
rs_480x270-160129071549-phelps4.gif

If Cape Fear come to play lookout Dudley. Don't make the same mistake the Scots made. Underestimating your opponent can cost you Dudley. Cape Fear is for real, get ready Dudes.

Cape Fear hasn't seen anything like Dudley and Dudley is in for a surprise also, so if Cape Fear can get recuperated in time, they can win this game. I said Dudley all year, but nobody heard of Cape Fear... now we heard of em.They are for real...it will be a classic. I'll Polly miss. I'm stick in with Dudley. Good Luck both teams.1 point.

If Cape Fear come to play lookout Dudley. Don't make the same mistake the Scots made. Underestimating your opponent can cost you Dudley. Cape Fear is for real, get ready Dudes.
Coach Davis been here before these Boyz are focused , if we lose its not because we underestimated Cape Fear. On the other hand have Cape Fear faced a tenacious D like Dudley?

Hehehe...I know another dawg named Ring too. Heard all this talk before. Not very long ago either...about2 nights ago.

If Dudley comes out and play their game they should run away with it. But offensively if they play like they played against Hillside for 3/4ths the game, Page in the 1st half, or have the silly turnovers they had against Catholic then Cape Fear will have a very good shot of winning their first title. Cape Fear is more than capable of winning, they don't have roster full of D-1 kids but what they have is heart. Defensively they're tough as nails, reminds me of those good past AC Reynolds teams. They're led up front by a 5'11 180lb nose guard who Scotland didn't have answer for. However, Dudley is one of the only teams i've seen that can look like a video game offensively when they're not sloppy. Their defense is good as usual, they're not as good as the 2k13 State Champion defense but not that far off. The 2k13 team had a stud at NT that made life easy for the front 7. My predictions, if Dudley plays sloppy on offense and the score is low, I think Cape Fear wins. On the other hand, If Dudley doesn't turn the ball over they'll roll, and that's no disrespect to Cape Fear. In 12 years Coach Davis has 3 State Championships, but this team has the most balanced offensive talent he has had. The difference in the VT commit Hooker between 2015 and 2016 is night and day. Kid has always had a big time arm with the ability to run like a deer, but his passing accuracy and efficiently has drastically improved. It doesn't hurt having FBS recruits to throw the ball too either. A ton of kids on this squad will play on Saturdays.

Dudley will be the best and most physical team CF has played. Dudley's numbers are impressive. They have three 1000 yards rushers and they have thrown for 2500 yards. No way CF can load the box on these guys. They give up just over 10 points a game and have played a brutal scd. Their only loss is to Page, by 1, who is also playing Saturday. There is 1 common opp, and that's Pine Forest. Both teams won, CF 24-7 and Dudley 35-7. I am hoping for a great game and a CF win but I don't see it. I think Dudley has too much and are too experienced under these bright lights.

Big game experience is in Dudleys favor, however it didn't seem to phase the Colts last week... That was big time to them or any high school team in that environment. At the same time the Colts can't let that go to their heads either. An entirely different game. If the Colts come out with some different looks that they didn't show last week they're in the game. I would like to see them win also, Dudley will outlast em. The 2 best teams are here. Gluck.

I anticipate Cape Fear having more fans than Dudley next Saturday, and that environment that they played in last week at Pate could be argued to be more State Championship-esque than Carter Finley. Cape Fear will not be fazed. Not seeing a blowout at all.

Well, that's what I meant, a capacity crowd at Larnburg looks bigger than 6000 in a stadium that size. I been to these title games a few tmimes and I like the high school stadium atmosphere better, but I'm sure the kids enjoy playing on a field like that... Sometimes they only open up a small section of seats n stuff...anyway I think h.s. fields are more fun.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
I would be a proponent of going back to how it used to be: Let the team with the higher seed or better record host, or host at a high school near them with a capacity of at least 10K. It'll look better than at these cathedrals.

There is pressure in these games, make no mistake about it. I have seen really good teams and players fold to the pressure. It will be different than any other game they have played this season. However, some teams and players play better and are more focused. I hope CF can handle it, I think Dudley will because they have been here. Many times kids get caught up and try to do too much. They don't stay in their lane or stay at home. It can be the little things and the big stage can make a 15-17 year old have big eyes and want to make the highlights.

There is pressure in these games, make no mistake about it. I have seen really good teams and players fold to the pressure. It will be different than any other game they have played this season. However, some teams and players play better and are more focused. I hope CF can handle it, I think Dudley will because they have been here. Many times kids get caught up and try to do too much. They don't stay in their lane or stay at home. It can be the little things and the big stage can make a 15-17 year old have big eyes and want to make the highlights.

Point taken and agreed. 15-17 yr olds are unpredictable.

Agreed here.. That's a big stage
.. like I said ... I went to Chapel Hill a few times. I don't even see where the money really plays in.

I don't think CF had much pressure last week, no one really expected them to win outside the CF fans. If CF can keep it close it will turn the pressure directly on Dudley would will be at least a 10 point favorite and they have been here recently. Can not let Dudley jump out ahead and play relaxed and free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT