Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Swain

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Polk

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • MICS

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
You keep talking about the WRs and QB. Tell me about the Washington kid who might be the best player(recruit) on the team.
Big strong Defensive End with surprising quickness at the line for a kid his size. Only knock is closing speed on the QB has missed out on several sacks when he got there and the QB evaded the sack but he causes lots of problems in the backfield weather or not he finishes he is still disrupting a lot of plays.

Big strong Defensive End with surprising quickness at the line for a kid his size. Only knock is closing speed on the QB has missed out on several sacks when he got there and the QB evaded the sack but he causes lots of problems in the backfield weather or not he finishes he is still disrupting a lot of plays.

I noticed he had several SEC offers. I’m guessing he is a UNC lean.

I noticed he had several SEC offers. I’m guessing he is a UNC lean.
What I’ve heard around town Auburn made a big impression on him at his visit. But having 3 teammates committed to UNC definitely helps their case.

He trying to avoid the conversation they act like all the cardinals speed is in the backfield and you can funnel them to the middle. This isn’t mountain football with 3 running back many plays have no running backs at all.

3 running backs? Maybe there still are some but I don't know of a team that still runs a wishbone or power I type offense anymore. Most are a spread type offense, Mitchell normally has one RB and sometimes no RB. The speed might not be in the backfield as far as a RB but the QB is and if the team your playing has a QB who's a dual threat with good receivers in a spread then you need your D line help the secondary and put pressure on him so he doesn't have time to find his receivers and contain him from getting out side and making a big run and if you have him in the backfield make a good tackle if you don't he'll hurt you just as much with his legs then his arm.

3 running backs? Maybe there still are some but I don't know of a team that still runs a wishbone or power I type offense anymore. Most are a spread type offense, Mitchell normally has one RB and sometimes no RB. The speed might not be in the backfield as far as a RB but the QB is and if the team your playing has a QB who's a dual threat with good receivers in a spread then you need your D line help the secondary and put pressure on him so he doesn't have time to find his receivers and contain him from getting out side and making a big run and if you have him in the backfield make a good tackle if you don't he'll hurt you just as much with his legs then his arm.
While Boaz is mobile enough to extend plays I would not consider him a dual threat he is a pocket passer with a BIG arm. The offensive line for the cards had only allowed 4 sacks all season and have been the unsung heroes of the offense. I had my doubts about them coming into the season but when I saw Reidsville throw every blitz package they had at them and get stone walled they made a believer out of me. Even if you do get pressure Boaz is capable of making a quick decision and getting rid of the ball like many other have said this is the best passing attack 1A has seen in a LONG time. If you bring pressure you don’t have enough help in the secondary if you sit back Boaz has all day and with the level of WRs he’s throwing to someone will come open eventually. Like I’ve said before the only way to beat the cardinals right now is to dominate time of possession and score every time you get the football. One stop can mean game over against this offense.

While Boaz is mobile enough to extend plays I would not consider him a dual threat he is a pocket passer with a BIG arm. The offensive line for the cards had only allowed 4 sacks all season and have been the unsung heroes of the offense. I had my doubts about them coming into the season but when I saw Reidsville throw every blitz package they had at them and get stone walled they made a believer out of me. Even if you do get pressure Boaz is capable of making a quick decision and getting rid of the ball like many other have said this is the best passing attack 1A has seen in a LONG time. If you bring pressure you don’t have enough help in the secondary if you sit back Boaz has all day and with the level of WRs he’s throwing to someone will come open eventually. Like I’ve said before the only way to beat the cardinals right now is to dominate time of possession and score every time you get the football. One stop can mean game over against this offense.
The defense is fast and gets to the hall in space and tackles well. Great against the pass. However they have shown to be susceptible to the run between the tackles due to having smaller DTs on the line most of the season get a good pass rush but can get moved against power run schemes. However the run defense is much more stout when they substitute the smaller faster DTs with the offensive lineman that usually only play one side of the ball. Inside run defense has been the only weakness of this team so far.

Reactions: BK13T-$
What I’ve heard around town Auburn made a big impression on him at his visit. But having 3 teammates committed to UNC definitely helps their case.

They say Auburn pays well. They just got a kid from TN that told the coaches and other commits he was going to pick TN but after his Auburn visit he choose WDE.

They say Auburn pays well. They just got a kid from TN that told the coaches and other commits he was going to pick TN but after his Auburn visit he choose WDE.
Top tier program in the SEC I can imagine there is a lot to like down there.

Well I was mostly talking in general you see in football today a lot of dual treat QB's but that's were your line comes in you need to put pressure on a passing QB without committing your secondary, but may have to take a chance on some blitzes too if you're not getting to him with four or five guys can't just let him sit back there. But I agree sometimes against a big time passing offense that can score quick a good offense can be your best defense with long, time consuming drives.

Well I was mostly talking in general you see in football today a lot of dual treat QB's but that's were your line comes in you need to put pressure on a passing QB without committing your secondary, but may have to take a chance on some blitzes too if you're not getting to him with four or five guys can't just let him sit back there. But I agree sometimes against a big time passing offense that can score quick a good offense can be your best defense with long, time consuming drives.
A good time consuming offense is the only defense for this cardinals offense this season. So far they have shown no flaws.

Honest question here, no hidden agenda. Just curious.
With the season Boaz has had any chance he reconsiders UNC and wants to go play qb at the next level? From what I have seen and heard he is a college level qb.

Go Mountaineers

Nobody. Weak conference. Reidsville was a shootout. Not East Surry's fault that the defending 2A state champ in Reidsville couldn't slow them down a bit.

Honest question here, no hidden agenda. Just curious.
With the season Boaz has had any chance he reconsiders UNC and wants to go play qb at the next level? From what I have seen and heard he is a college level qb.

Go Mountaineers
I doubt it his Father was the punter at UNC during Mack Browns first stint. That being said after the season he is having he should have no reason to believe that he cannot compete for the QB spot at UNC eventually. If they don’t at least give him a chance it will be a shame. Maybe he gets beat out by Howell but he’s at least earned a shot.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
We run some I formation this year. We are strong in the middle. Murphy is really strong inside on Defense.

Reactions: Gps62
I doubt it his Father was the punter at UNC during Mack Browns first stint. That being said after the season he is having he should have no reason to believe that he cannot compete for the QB spot at UNC eventually. If they don’t at least give him a chance it will be a shame. Maybe he gets beat out by Howell but he’s at least earned a shot.

I don't know who's afforded what to him but personally if I had multiple offers I wouldn't go to a team were the starting QB will be just a sophomore himself. And me hating UNC has nothing to do with this.

I don't know who's afforded what to him but personally if I had multiple offers I wouldn't go to a team were the starting QB will be just a sophomore himself. And me hating UNC has nothing to do with this.
I see where your coming from 100% but if I had to guess I’d say he believes he can compete with him and possibly beat him out. Can he? We will see in the next few years.

Auburn or UNC ..... hummm ...Alabama here I come and it wouldn’t even be close. A chance to play a a top SEC school in front of 60,000+ people or play in front of 10,000 (on a good day) No way I’m going to UNC and I love UNC (Roy Williams is family) but no way for football would I play if i had a choice. JS

I would have to say west stokes played them as well as anyone so far this year. This cardinal team is loaded and much improved from last year. Their offense and special teams are as good as you'll see at any high school level. That quarterback and receiver group is something to see. Boaz throws right handed and punts left footed when they do get stopped. He had some good punts against Reidsville

That was based on last year when he split time between qb and receiver. There’s an article stating Mack brown told him if he was on the team right now he’d be the back up qb.

Clemson has at least 10 guys that run a 4.4 and East has 1
Sometimes one is enough.i listen to the Reidsville East Surry game and was shocked at how easy East scored. To me defence has been the strength to Reidsville team last couple of years . The Rams did not lay a glove on East Surrys QB all night , but the cards defence was not to good. Reidsville moved the ball with ease and missed a lot of big plays but East over all out played the Rams that night I believe they were shocked at the talent level the Cards have. I know I was.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
just for fun, here are the calpreps predictions for the 1st round Matchups

#8 Avery 31
#9 Starmount 26

#5 MICS 48
#12 CSOD 6

#6 Swain 42
#11 Union Academy 6

#7 Polk 41
#10 East Wilkes 17

just for fun, here are the calpreps predictions for the 1st round Matchups

#8 Avery 31
#9 Starmount 26

#5 MICS 48
#12 CSOD 6

#6 Swain 42
#11 Union Academy 6

#7 Polk 41
#10 East Wilkes 17
Looks pretty accurate to me except at this point I see a larger gap between Avery and Starmount.

Interesting thing to me is Bessemer city as a 3 seed. That’s weak. Swain or Polk would beat them down. I’m not sure this isn’t Mitchell’s toughest bracket to get through since being in 1a. East Surry has a cake walk through to regional finals. When seeding is so warped that swain and Polk are 6,7 seeds with a two loss swain and 3 loss Polk, that’s a sign we got too many teams in the playoffs period. I’d say do away with the buys cut some teams out and go play.

The fact that Bessemer City and mics every year draw a high seed out of that weak conference is a shame.

Never mind me I’m just here for the comments. Listening to how great this ES qb is who has had forever and all day to throw the ball. Remember it’ll be some boys in town soon that will test that greatness

Never mind me I’m just here for the comments. Listening to how great this ES qb is who has had forever and all day to throw the ball. Remember it’ll be some boys in town soon that will test that greatness
How’s it going ole Rich glad to see you back. While I do have y’all to beat MA coming to pilot mountain is a different animal than anything you’ve seen all year, maybe the last several years.

I hope y’all can test us it would be nice to see a team that can score more than 10 points and maybe give up under 40 before we meet Mitchell or Swain in the WCF.

Reactions: Swaindad40
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT