Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Swain

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Polk

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • MICS

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Still tall. How did Tarboro beat East last year?
Wasting too many downs trying to run the football no yardage on the ground against that team. Also Boaz is playing at an entirely different level than he was a year ago. And none of the offensive lineman played both ways in that game which still baffles me, as that is where all the cards size is at couldn’t stop their run without the extra size on the field.

Ross ran a 4.87 at the Nike opening. Higgins was 4.75. Rogers 4.49 and Simmons ran a 4.75 at a high school combine.
Lol you’re beating a dead horse on these 40 times. Kids are always faster in the eyes of the beholder.

Ross ran a 4.87 at the Nike opening. Higgins was 4.75. Rogers 4.49 and Simmons ran a 4.75 at a high school combine.
Video of Simmons running stride for stride with Eteinne on Twitter would say he’s just as fast. So athletes do not get faster after training with the top program in the country for 3-4 years?

Video of Simmons running stride for stride with Eteinne on Twitter would say he’s just as fast. So athletes do not get faster after training with the top program in the country for 3-4 years?

You are talking about high school not once they have been in a college program training, eating right, and just getting stronger. So does the ES guys really run a 4.4.

Wasting too many downs trying to run the football no yardage on the ground against that team. Also Boaz is playing at an entirely different level than he was a year ago. And none of the offensive lineman played both ways in that game which still baffles me, as that is where all the cards size is at couldn’t stop their run without the extra size on the field.

Now I will say Boaz stats are impressive this year. I noticed you guys have a 2021 D lineman with several D1 offers. My Vols being one of them.

All I know is starmount better kill Avery which I don’t think they will.
be careful playing the score comparison game. If MA played Starmount now then MA would beat them by 3 scores. Hate to see Starmount be so up and down. They have the talent but just can’t seem to get any consistency going. I hope Starmount goes up to Avery Friday and gets the win but won’t be surprised if Avery wins either.

You know I am a Mitchell homer no doubt. I do think ES is the odds on favorites in the west. I just find it odd that no one is really talking about Swain. Never ever over look a multiple time state champ from the SMC. They have won many playoff games in which they should not have, including more than 1 against Mitchell. While I don’t think this is the Swain of old I know they have been building for this year for a while.

Go Mountaineers

somebody tell east Surrey this ain't no track meet or a basketball game, those big tall 4.5 speedsters ain't that fast when there getting funneled back to the middle where they are going to get decleated by a mountain boy with bad intentions !!!!

Reactions: BK13T-$
ES is going to be tough. They got 2 kids with over 1000 yards receiving and another is close. They have to be the favorite. In playoffs all it takes is one bad game.

somebody tell east Surrey this ain't no track meet or a basketball game, those big tall 4.5 speedsters ain't that fast when there getting funneled back to the middle where they are going to get decleated by a mountain boy with bad intentions !!!!
I thought Polk is in the foothills at the base of the mountains? Kind of like McDowell, MA and ES.

If it was that easy to funnel them into the middle someone would’ve done it by now. If you underestimate their toughness and physicality just because they throw the ball all over the yard you will be very disappointed. I’m not saying they are on or with the mountain schools physicality but it’s not as big a gap as y’all are thinking.

Oh yeah and the highest mountain peak in Surry County is higher than the highest mountain peak in Polk :D

Yep. Polk County's highest elevation is 3,200' (Tron Peak and Wildcat Spur). My mother's family is from Polk County. My wife went to Polk Central. Highest elevation in Surry County is Fisher Peak at 3,570' . I would consider both mostly in the foothills. Sorry Polklife87. Not really mountains.

I lived in McDowell County (Marion) which is half mountains and half foothills. Highest elevation is 5,665' on the edge of Buncombe and McDowell counties. McDowell has 25 summits higher than Surry's highest elevation. Marion is in the foothills, but lots of mountains in the area. I would still consider the McDowell team as a foothills team.

Go to Spruce Pine and Mitchell where I worked for Henredon. Now, that is in the mountains.
Go to Graham County and Robbinsville. That is mountains. I lived and worked there too for Stanly Furniture

Does it really matter though? Nope. LOL.

Yep. Polk County's highest elevation is 3,200' (Tron Peak and Wildcat Spur). My mother's family is from Polk County. My wife went to Polk Central. Highest elevation in Surry County is Fisher Peak at 3,570' . I would consider both mostly in the foothills. Sorry Polklife87. Not really mountains.

I lived in McDowell County (Marion) which is half mountains and half foothills. Highest elevation is 5,665' on the edge of Buncombe and McDowell counties. McDowell has 25 summits higher than Surry's highest elevation. Marion is in the foothills, but lots of mountains in the area. I would still consider the McDowell team as a foothills team.

Go to Spruce Pine and Mitchell where I worked for Henredon. Now, that is in the mountains.
Go to Graham County and Robbinsville. That is mountains. I lived and worked there too for Stanly Furniture

Does it really matter though? Nope. LOL.

I love the geography of NC.

Considering they've long played with mountain teams I can see why Polk fans would consider themselves mountain football.

It's not so much mountain teams as it is WNC teams. Ashe, Watauga, half of Wilkes ect are in the mountains, but they are NWNC teams. Geography is the same, but they style of play is different.

Don't forget Alleghany it's usually just as cold there as Mitchell it was 25degrees Friday night.
When I left heritage Friday night it was 21 degrees. I walked out on the field to talk to players and the grass was frozen but the ground was wet. The bottom of my sons cleats was a ice block. I WOULD NOT WANT TO ROLL AROUND ON THE GROUND :) My hats off to all players in that game both sides

It’s okay Mountie. Sub 4.6 speed can’t do anything when the other teams defensive ends and corners do their job and turn these speedsters into the middle of the line.
They are lined up wide DEs will have no bearing on whether or not they go inside or out both Gosnell’s and Stevens are 195+ as well they can handle going over the middle just fine.

Last edited:
They are lined up wide DEs will have no bearing on weather or not they go inside or out both Gosnell’s and Stevens are 195+ as well they can handle going over the middle just fine.
Of course that would have no bearing on the weather. Not sure why you would mention it, although it is supposed to snow up here tonight.

Mountie can read just fine. He is just toying with you...and you are taking the bait. Smh
He trying to avoid the conversation they act like all the cardinals speed is in the backfield and you can funnel them to the middle. This isn’t mountain football with 3 running back many plays have no running backs at all.

He trying to avoid the conversation they act like all the cardinals speed is in the backfield and you can funnel them to the middle. This isn’t mountain football with 3 running back many plays have no running backs at all.

You keep talking about the WRs and QB. Tell me about the Washington kid who might be the best player(recruit) on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT