Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Swain

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Polk

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • MICS

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
I know one guy from Graham county pulling for Mitchell as hard as I’m pulling for my Knights. ME !!!! Good people, great program. Hope Mitchell is our representatives from the West. Have talked to several Mitchell fans at wrestling tournaments , very nice people and the kids are great. A group of them sat near me and my 10 year old son, no curse words or anything to embarrass their school. Got to pull for those people .

I hate to bust bubbles but East is a whole other animal, no one in this bracket plays within 3 or 4 scores of them

Yeah they are gonna be some battle tested team when they get to the state championship game.

This cards team is a totally different animal, trust me. I’m a bear faithful and I’ve seen swain , I’ve seen heritage this year , haven’t seen Mitchell but I think if east Surry played heritage it would get ugly. The team is very comparable to the 08 bears. I think the bears defense was a little better, but I think this East offense is a little better. Boaz is the best high school qb I’ve seen play. He gets to his second and third receivers fairly easy. A cannon for a Arm with receivers that are 6-2 - 6-3 athletic and quick. It’s a whole lotta offense. There’s no 1a team that can shoot it out with them outside of Tarboro. It’s a hell of a team

This cards team is a totally different animal, trust me. I’m a bear faithful and I’ve seen swain , I’ve seen heritage this year , haven’t seen Mitchell but I think if east Surry played heritage it would get ugly. The team is very comparable to the 08 bears. I think the bears defense was a little better, but I think this East offense is a little better. Boaz is the best high school qb I’ve seen play. He gets to his second and third receivers fairly easy. A cannon for a Arm with receivers that are 6-2 - 6-3 athletic and quick. It’s a whole lotta offense. There’s no 1a team that can shoot it out with them outside of Tarboro. It’s a hell of a team
If Mitchell does make it to East, I think it could be a very intriguing matchup. Historically Mitchell defends the pass pretty well. When Hendersonville was in the conference, Mitchell usually gave their spread fits. It’s been strong running teams that usually gets them. That being said, East would definitely be favored by a couple of scores, but I’d like to see that matchup.

It is just talk , you are right Mountie, we get them 3 times this year. Kinda sucks that you get your bitter rival 3 times in one year, the once in a life time team for them and rebuilding year for us , kinda like a bad joke, that’s if we are lucky enuff to get to the third round.

I hope the WHC teams do very well but if Reidsville could not defend the pass against East Surry, Mitchell would not stand a chance. I am speaking from experience from watching them about 4 or 5 years in a row it seems. I’m not sure what they have added but Reidsville has most likely 5 returners from last year faster than anyone on the teams at Mitchell or Heritage. For Mitchell to have a chance they would need to use their big line and run the ball on East Surry and keep the offense on the sidelines. Would be the only chance to keep it respectable.

It’s pick your poison with ES right now, if you double Gosnell then Stephens beats you. I would lock them all up and just come after Boaz, better to die a quick death then sit back in coverage. I’m not sure of any 1a teams that can take away 2 D1 receivers. IMO they only way ES gets knocked off before a title shot at Tarboro is if a team can be exceptionally physical and grind them down on offense, 4 yards and a cloud of dust, you keep the ball away from that offense and kill the clock, but you have to finish the drives and score touchdowns and make ES play perfect with the little time they will have, easier said than done though.

Heritage, I was at reidsville that night, Boaz lit the reidsville secondary up like a pin ball machine. Gosnell ran wild in the reidsville secondary. But with that being said reidsville was moving the ball thru the air as well , true shootout. But reidsville secondary was shredded that night. Old mule summed it up best on the 2a boards. Boaz plays on Sunday. At least we get to watch him now for 6 bucks a pop

Reactions: DaddyDoug
It is just talk , you are right Mountie, we get them 3 times this year. Kinda sucks that you get your bitter rival 3 times in one year, the once in a life time team for them and rebuilding year for us , kinda like a bad joke, that’s if we are lucky enuff to get to the third round.
They just won’t understand until it’s their own kids that they are watching stand there is disbelief as the cardinals go through around and over their defense with ease just like Reidsville was.

Yes that’s exactly what I think. It is a tall task but if you can take 8 minute drives and score, you might can hang around with them, but still a tall task. Mitchell has a great receiver but ES will have the athletes to neutralize him if both teams get that far. Maybe we can discuss this again in a few rounds Heritage can hike home field and attempt to do the same if Reidsville visits us in a few weeks. I do like what I saw out of the passing game last night for Heritage. We have a lot of athletes that can run routes and have good hands. 3 of Heritage 4 TDS were passes. Who would have ever dreamed that up.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
I agree with Gdawg. Several said it the Reidsville week but the unsung hero’s of their offense is the line. Saw somewhere that they have only given up 3-4 sacks all year. The games I have watched, the line for East gave Boaz time to go through all his receivers and defenses just can’t get to him. I was at the Reidsville game and as old Mule said earlier, Reidsville didn’t lay a glove on him. Reidsville threw everything at that line and they stonewalled them. Very impressive. You give Boaz and those receivers that much time and your in for a long night.

Last edited:
They just won’t understand until it’s their own kids that they are watching stand there is disbelief as the cardinals go through around and over their defense with ease just like Reidsville was.
Well most teams and fans up here don’t just concede just because someone tells them they probably should. It’s not my kid they’ll be runnng around and over and in between and inside out and so on. He all ready graduated. You should already know this, you’ve lost to enough teams from up here.

Reactions: Heritage 84
Ill guarantee that Polk, Swain or Mitchell will get off the bus in Pilot Mountain. I'll also guarantee that Polk, Swain or Mitchell will play all 4 quarters. I'll also guarantee that Polk, Swain or Mitchell will hit harder than any other 1a team that East has played this year.
Can’t hit what you can’t catch. Ask the 2017 Murphy team when they went to MA speed kills. In no way am I saying that they shouldn’t show up and give it all they have the whole game. I’m merely stating what the outcome will be!!

Swain will get smoked by ES. They are a traditional power...but the way Robbinsville dismantled them...I would expect that and then some against the Cards.

Well it sounds like the 1AA is settled, no need to even play the bracket out

Can’t hit what you can’t catch. Ask the 2017 Murphy team when they went to MA speed kills. In no way am I saying that they shouldn’t show up and give it all they have the whole game. I’m merely stating what the outcome will be!!
I beg to differ. Take the 2011 Swain team that was down 3 tds to West Montgomery before halftime. Swain made adjustments at halftime and the speedy boys from west didn’t have 50 yds of offense in the second half and Swain came back to win it. If Swain or Mitchell or Polk turn these speedy guys to the inside from East and make them have to get the tough yardage. The result at the end of the game may be a little different than what you think it will be. Give me a mountain team over anyone. 9 times out of 10, against teams like Robbinsville Murphy and Swain I don’t care how fast you are. You ain’t gonna cake walk past them. Period.

I beg to differ. Take the 2011 Swain team that was down 3 tds to West Montgomery before halftime. Swain made adjustments at halftime and the speedy boys from west didn’t have 50 yds of offense in the second half and Swain came back to win it. If Swain or Mitchell or Polk turn these speedy guys to the inside from East and make them have to get the tough yardage. The result at the end of the game may be a little different than what you think it will be. Give me a mountain team over anyone. 9 times out of 10, against teams like Robbinsville Murphy and Swain I don’t care how fast you are. You ain’t gonna cake walk past them. Period.
You’ll have to come to Pilot and see for yourself.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Just because you know what’s going to happen doesn’t mean you don’t play the games. I love how people get so butt hurt over the fact that their team isn’t favored.
Don’t care if we’re favored just hoping for the chance.

Polk is going to have their hands full on Friday night. Wouldn't put them in any conversation past the 1st round yet. This isn't the East Wilkes I was ragging a few weeks ago.

Polk is going to have their hands full on Friday night. Wouldn't put them in any conversation past the 1st round yet. This isn't the East Wilkes I was ragging a few weeks ago.
Maybe, but Polk is pretty good. East would have had to improve a ton, because the east I saw early Avery took it to them in a scrimmage. ( can only go by what I saw). Polk played heritage tough which in itself is an accomplishment. Most 1a teams would struggle with that.

Reactions: Heritage 84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT