Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Swain

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Polk

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • MICS

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Right now it is E. Surry and everyone else. However, I think it is a very deep field with several really good teams that on any given night could pull a shocking upset. Looking forward to a very good playoff field to provide some great games.

Go Mountaineers

I know you can’t go by computers but on Calpreps I wanted to see what it predicted for Mitchell East Surry game right now it had ES 35 Mitchell 28.

I beg to differ. Take the 2011 Swain team that was down 3 tds to West Montgomery before halftime. Swain made adjustments at halftime and the speedy boys from west didn’t have 50 yds of offense in the second half and Swain came back to win it. If Swain or Mitchell or Polk turn these speedy guys to the inside from East and make them have to get the tough yardage. The result at the end of the game may be a little different than what you think it will be. Give me a mountain team over anyone. 9 times out of 10, against teams like Robbinsville Murphy and Swain I don’t care how fast you are. You ain’t gonna cake walk past them. Period.
It was actually 4 td's before the 1st was over but who's keeping count now... lol

It will take a balanced “O” to give them a game...the only team they played that could do both was Reidsville but ES made plays at the end...not sure they’ll see it in the West...Mitchell (know zero about what they do) may be only team...you get in a shootout with them and you lose...

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
It will take a balanced “O” to give them a game...the only team they played that could do both was Reidsville but ES made plays at the end...not sure they’ll see it in the West...Mitchell (know zero about what they do) may be only team...you get in a shootout with them and you lose...
Mitchell is gonna bludgeon you to DEATH!! That line is as big as any I have ever seen and when you stack the box they just gonna throw it if they need to. Now idk how the pass coverage is in open space with athletes but you are not gonna sit back and pat the ball. But none of that matters cause my WOLVERINES will take care of them in the 2nd round ;) Go Polk ;)

Mitchell is gonna bludgeon you to DEATH!! That line is as big as any I have ever seen and when you stack the box they just gonna throw it if they need to. Now idk how the pass coverage is in open space with athletes but you are not gonna sit back and pat the ball. But none of that matters cause my WOLVERINES will take care of them in the 2nd round ;) Go Polk ;)

I hope everyone in the bracket think ES isn’t a physical team and can’t play with the mountain boys. That will be a big mistake if you roll into Pilot and think they won’t match you hit for hit and size for size. They actually may be better at running it down your throat but didn’t do it as much as they threw it due to all athletes in the skill positions and a 6’8” QB who can flat out sling it. Folks assume because they throw the ball a ton that they can’t be physical. Keep on thinking that. I’ll just say you’ve been forewarned!

I hope everyone in the bracket think ES isn’t a physical team and can’t play with the mountain boys. That will be a big mistake if you roll into Pilot and think they won’t match you hit for hit and size for size. They actually may be better at running it down your throat but didn’t do it as much as they threw it due to all athletes in the skill positions and a 6’8” QB who can flat out sling it. Folks assume because they throw the ball a ton that they can’t be physical. Keep on thinking that. I’ll just say you’ve been forewarned!
Forewarn all you want. If East gets put in a situation they have to run the ball against a western team, then they’re up shit creek without a paddle. The “only” thing that sets them apart is their ability to throw the ball and putting teams in a position to have to defend multiple receivers. Defensively and controlling the ball on the ground doesn’t fit this East team. But it does fit who they meet in the regionals.

That's due to their pathetic schedule, other than Reidsville.

Well first they can't help their conference sucks. Next they have to schedule 6 non conference games which isn't easy to do in these hills without playing 3 and 4A teams in neigboring counties. 3rd they played Starmount, West Stokes, and North Surry non conference. West Stokes ended up having a good season. The other 2 underachieved especially Starmount, they went all the heck. Also they played a few teams that put ip quite a few points all year. So yeah while their schedule wasn't great, the fact they shut everyone down outside of Reidsville says a lot and is impressive in high school ball.

Reactions: GreyGod623
Forewarn all you want. If East gets put in a situation they have to run the ball against a western team, then they’re up shit creek without a paddle. The “only” thing that sets them apart is their ability to throw the ball and putting teams in a position to have to defend multiple receivers. Defensively and controlling the ball on the ground doesn’t fit this East team. But it does fit who they meet in the regionals.

And ☝️ Is the first fish that bit the worm. Point proven by your response and true lack of knowledge concerning this ES team.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
As for “ hit for hit” that’s laughable. Say you’ll out athlete, but out hit? Thats as funny as a foothill head hunter!

They've allowed 137 points and had 1 shutout against an average MaxPreps ranking of 8134. Mitchell has allowed 61 points and had 4 shutouts against an average MaxPreps ranking of 8462. Mitchell's starting defense has given up 4 touchdowns on the season. And THEY didn't put their starters back in the 4th to keep a team from scoring...

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
“You have been warned”

the Lorax

dr suess

Mitchell hasn't seen anything as prolific as East Surry either.

I have no dog in this fight. I'm not a fan of either team. I'm pulling for East Surry, but man I feel people are trying so hard to discredit their ability and season. I'm not saying their going to blow everyone out but I just don't see anyone in the west out scoring them or slowing them down. Someone will have to go tit for tat to do it.

I would love to see them play Mitchell and will be there if they do. I would love to see Mitchell give them a good ballgame and know they will hit East Surry as hard as they can. I just don't see them having the ponies to keep up as the game progresses.

Mitchell hasn't seen anything as prolific as East Surry either. I have no dog in this fight. I'm not a fan of either team. I'm pulling for East Surry, but man I feel people are trying so hard to discredit their ability and season. I'm not saying their going to blow everyone out but I just don't see anyone in the west out scoring them or slowing them down. Someone will have to go tit for tat to do it.

This☝️Is the point I’m trying to make. Per usual, it’s always a total lack of respect for anyone East of Owen. No dog in the fight either but just tired of the disrespect for football in our area. Mountain folk have a pride in their brand which I understand and respect, but since your throwing out stats, a mountain football team hasn’t repped the west in a state title game since 2015. Best of luck to everyone, including the folks in the mountains.

I have no dog in this fight. I'm not a fan of either team. I'm pulling for East Surry, but man I feel people are trying so hard to discredit their ability and season. I'm not saying their going to blow everyone out but I just don't see anyone in the west out scoring them or slowing them down. Someone will have to go tit for tat to do it.
No ones discrediting. They’ve had a great season. “ prolific”? They can score but can’t defend. They can pass but can’t run. They’ll probably win the west but someone will give them a game before they do it. And if someone does beat them, I’m gonna be sure that esodcards and TD( because he jumped ship)never hears the end of it, Ever!

Reactions: DaBluePrint1

No one is trying to discredit East Surry. We are just trying to bring you kool aid drinkers back down to earth. East Surry is a below average team without Boaz and Gosnell. Admit it. The line hasn't been up against a line like Polk, Swain or Mitchell's. You said it's hard to hit what you can't catch. Well it's hard to pass while laying on your back. 26 sacks on the season. 7 of them against better o lines than East Surry's.

This☝️Is the point I’m trying to make. Per usual, it’s always a total lack of respect for anyone East of Owen. No dog in the fight either but just tired of the disrespect for football in our area. Mountain folk have a pride in their brand which I understand and respect, but since your throwing out stats, a mountain football team hasn’t repped the west in a state title game since 2015. Best of luck to everyone, including the folks in the mountains.
Lol and when was the last time a 1aa West team WON the state Championship? Go look it up, I'll wait.

2nd place gives the same recognition as 3rd, 4th or 5th.
So you mountain boys get hardware for the trophy case when you get knocked out in the early rounds? All us foothill boys need to start that tradition. That’s awesome! Western Champion trophy and experience for the kids and community is better than no trophy all day long!

Reactions: Mhsneer
So you mountain boys get hardware for the trophy case when you get knocked out in the early rounds? All us foothill boys need to start that tradition. That’s awesome! Western Champion trophy and experience for the kids and community is better than no trophy all day long!
Maybe the Cardinals haven’t faced a team that will hit like Mitchell but you can bet your house that Mitchell hasn’t seen a team with the speed of the Cardinals either.

Nah we don’t get hardware just some good scars and head aches. Early rounds? We generally go deep in both categories. 1a/1aa. The foothills already has a tradition and that’s losing to a Mtn team. Hoping you keep up your tradition and if you need hardware we’ll mail you a ‘ thank you for participating trophy”!

Speed? I haven't seen much speed on that team. Height? Yeah plenty. Speed? AV-ER-AGE.
This is comical Gosnell and Stevens will be faster than anyone on Mitchell’s team with the younger Gosnell and Mosley right behind them. Bullington at Saftey has run several plays down from the backside. You will see if you get past Polk and the boys from pilot are flying pat you for deep ball after deep ball!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT