ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins 4A State Championship?

Who wins 4A?

• Cardinal Gibbons

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • East Forsyth

Votes: 42 63.6%

• Total voters
I got CG in this one, a very balance team that can throw and run and good defense, very well coach. They can stop the run as well. EF has the experience, very well coach. EF secondary/LB will be on alert all night.#14 will run on you,#7 is fast and strong, keep pressure on him(14) you win, if not welcome to the lounge.There line is the best I've seen all year on both sides and quick. I have very much respect for the hospitality they show us as fans and players/coaches prior to the game and departing campus. Congratulations to both teams.

Thanks @Fighting Scots for the heads up. We respect Gibbons and understand we will get all we want from CG just like you gave us last year.

Anyone still playing now is obviously playing good football. We've had our experience with big O lines with West West Forsyth, Grimsley etc...already so without having seen CG I'm not sure how they stack up but size and physicality won't be anything new to us.

Respect to you alls program as well for another deep run. Scots are always in the hunt so we expect the same from you all next year.

Gibbons by 10.

Put on a blindfold and walk into traffic? I think there's 12 lane traffic heading into Atlanta. Blindfolded please. An educator with a narrow minded point of view toward people. God help our children.

Last edited:
Gibbons by 10.

Put on a blindfold and walk into traffic? I think there's 12 lane traffic heading into Atlanta. Blindfolded please. An educator with a narrow minded point of view toward people. God help our children.

Let it go dude. Let's talk football.

No secrets about the East offense. We want to run and run and run some more. And then when you stack the box we burn you through the air. It took a while to get the pass game going with all new receivers after losing Crowell. But they burned Grimsley all night which allowed the run game to really get going in the 2nd half. Does Gibbons have the defense to slow down the run and cover the pass?

Looks like Gibbons has a solid pass game but the QB doesn't run much. I like that better than a dual threat but I assume he's pretty good to still be playing. Noticed they have a very productive back as well. Can East avoid the penalties in the secondary that have plagued them all year? Can they get pressure and rattle him?

Looks like it will be a very good ball game. I'll go 35-28 Eagles.

Reactions: Veejay4
Just talking to some folks on film today it appears CG does have a decent back but not quite like the kids from Grimsley, West or Davie Co.

We won't be in awe of their O from an athleticism standpoint but have tremendous respect for what they do. They beat some tough teams this year so they'll be more than game Saturday. Both teams may have an issue stopping each other I believe.

Just talking to some folks on film today it appears CG does have a decent back but not quite like the kids from Grimsley, West or Davie Co.

We won't be in awe of their O from an athleticism standpoint but have tremendous respect for what they do. They beat some tough teams this year so they'll be more than game Saturday. Both teams may have an issue stopping each other I believe.

They have put up a lot of points this season but Scotland held them to 22. Is Scotland D that good or did they have trouble with a more physical defense? Gotta believe we can hold them around a similar score. Can their D hold us under 30?

CG scored on their first 2 possessions then on a turnover given short field in the 3rd , their defensive adjustments in half 2 were the difference, they just shut Scotland down. I’ll take Gibbons in this game

They have put up a lot of points this season but Scotland held them to 22. Is Scotland D that good or did they have trouble with a more physical defense? Gotta believe we can hold them around a similar score. Can their D hold us under 30?

CG is playing its best defense in the playoffs. Their defense shut out Heritage in round 2 and New Bern in round 3 (NB did score, but on a defensive play). I don't know much about EF, but it's clear they've been tested and they have experience winning it all. So much respect for their accomplishments. In my view this may very well come down to turnovers. CG is the kind of team that will make you pay if you turn it over. In fact that was the difference this past Friday.

Cardinal Gibbons: tell your boys to keep their heads on a swivel and their emotions in check. Cheap shots and trash talk are coming your way.

Cardinal Gibbons: tell your boys......

This is just not true. I’m positive the situation u brought up in the other thread is being dealt with properly. You were being rational with that argument, but this just seems emotional. It’s time to move on and focus on the kids on the field, not here in this manner. They don’t need the drama, placed in the middle of it, or deserve what u put on them.

They're pretty good
OMG GET OVER IT... You've done nothing but complain since the game. You're sucking the energy out of this forum.

Sad. For what's going on now I promise we will attempt to put up as many points on them boys next year as we can.......and WE won't need the referees either.

This is beyond pathetic. What's dumb about the post is the calls that were going against us had we actually played dirty at all I'm sure we'd ate those penalties too.

We couldn't afford to do anything but try and play. Not understanding. Must've lost a bet.

Reactions: Wildcats9900
Cardinal Gibbons: tell your boys to keep their heads on a swivel and their emotions in check. Cheap shots and trash talk are coming your way.

I'm guessing you missed it when #10 for Grimsley collapsed in tears after the final kneel down and SEVERAL East players came over to console him before going to the handshake line or to celebrate with teammates. Go cheer for your basketball team if you don't want to talk football.

I'm guessing you missed it when #10 for Grimsley collapsed in tears after the final kneel down and SEVERAL East players came over to console him before going to the handshake line or to celebrate with teammates. Go cheer for your basketball team if you don't want to talk football.

Just for the record the coach in question did the same and even coached some of the Grimsley players to a 7 on 7 finals birth over the summer. He was talking to some of those players in pregame. No reason to go "heel" after the game. He had love for some of those kids. We did respect them until this after game "stuff". We actually appreciate the players who've shown more class than the adults. I felt bad they lost the way they did as hard as they played even being a EF supporter.

We felt the same in 15 against MC. Close losses like that in the playoffs stay with you awhile but this is too much.

Hate those young men have to be subjected to these activities that won't change anything.

East Forsyth is going to have their hands full. CG is the real deal this year and East Forsyth is beat up. Which team wins the turnover battle wins it! Go Eagles!

Rammanuel,
FEAR THE G? More like Fear the G will never stop bitching like a little girl. Good lord man

Does EF have all their injured players back?

Not all of them. We won't get back our RB or WR for States. I think we got a couple more kids banged up last Friday we had just gotten back.

As they say no one is fully healthy this time of year. Total antithesis of last year. Hope the "injury bug" passes over us next year.

Not all of them. We won't get back our RB or WR for States. I think we got a couple more kids banged up last Friday we had just gotten back.

As they say no one is fully healthy this time of year. Total antithesis of last year. Hope the "injury bug" passes over us next year.

I hate that for the kids, especially the seniors. The fact that y'all are back at the states even with those injuries tells me this EF team has perseverance and finds a way to win. It's going to be a great game.

East dominated every game last year until the championship where they came from behind in the 4th to beat Scotland. This year has been a completely different story.

I'm excited to see a new team with a different style this week. Sounds like it will be a fantastic game. Just know there is a resilient group coming East from Kernersville who live for this moment.

I hate that for the kids, especially the seniors. The fact that y'all are back at the states even with those injuries tells me this EF team has perseverance and finds a way to win. It's going to be a great game.

Sure hope so. The better team is usually the more healthier team too but we've defied that thus far. Cardinal Gibbons is "talented" on top of hungry for a title.

East dominated every game last year until the championship where they came from behind in the 4th to beat Scotland. This year has been a completely different story.

I'm excited to see a new team with a different style this week. Sounds like it will be a fantastic game. Just know there is a resilient group coming East from Kernersville who live for this moment.

This Cardinal Gibbons bunch has been through the fire also. They beat and loss to some people that either just got eliminated or are still playing.

We will definitely have to take it from them. Appears to be a very well coached team with some "dudes".

Until proven otherwise EF is the best team in “4A” they haven’t lost to a little 4A team in over 2 years and they lost by a combined 7 points total this year with hella injuries....
I’m going to have to go with EF in this one !

Looks like a potentially high scoring affair depending on who dominates the line of scrimmage. If EF pressures their QB who looks extremely impressive and smart, they have an edge. He utilizes great reads. Is he being recruited or committed anywhere? Looking forward to seeing him in person.

In my extremely limited knowledge, don't see explosive speed, but that can be harder to judge in video. It's always crystal clear in person. Scotland didn't seem as physical as last year in the 3 minute recap of the Gibbons game. Any confirmation or rebuttal to that perspective? The given is EF must reduce penalties and believe if either has a +2 turnover advantage, they will win. Expecting a hard fought close game. Don't really see either defense stopping the opposing offense. Also believe that Gibbons will need more than a 2 touchdown lead at the half to win.

Good Luck getting close to CG 14, he will dump it off real quick. There O line is a wall, not very big but strong. This game will be the one to watch. Both Meck Schools ( Vance/ Catholic)Schools will bring there home.

Reactions: Post 36 and Veejay4
Good Luck getting close to CG 14, he will dump it off real quick. There O line is a wall, not very big but strong. This game will be the one to watch. Both Meck Schools ( Vance/ Catholic)Schools will bring there home.

I believe Weddington is Meck Co. too and probably gonna win theirs also.

Looks like a potentially high scoring affair depending on who dominates the line of scrimmage. If EF pressures their QB who looks extremely impressive and smart, they have an edge. He utilizes great reads. Is he being recruited or committed anywhere? Looking forward to seeing him in person.

In my extremely limited knowledge, don't see explosive speed, but that can be harder to judge in video. It's always crystal clear in person. Scotland didn't seem as physical as last year in the 3 minute recap of the Gibbons game. Any confirmation or rebuttal to that perspective? The given is EF must reduce penalties and believe if either has a +2 turnover advantage, they will win. Expecting a hard fought close game. Don't really see either defense stopping the opposing offense. Also believe that Gibbons will need more than a 2 touchdown lead at the half to win.

Unless we get the same crew from last Friday (God forbid) I expect us to decrease our penalties by default.

Reactions: Wildcats9900

the CG QB is not explosive speed wise but he is very efficient at getting rid of the ball. And he does read the defense very well. I thought Scotland was just as physical but the difference in my view is last year CG was really not prepared or maybe surprised is a better word at just how physical the game would be. This year they knew SC was going to bring it. They expected a tough game and got it.

Not sure why you think CG would need a two TD lead going into the second half. I do think this will be a close, hard fought game, but I don't think you can disregard gibbons ability to put up points. Especially if EF has turnovers.

the CG QB is not explosive speed wise but he is very efficient at getting rid of the ball. And he does read the defense very well. I thought Scotland was just as physical but the difference in my view is last year CG was really not prepared or maybe surprised is a better word at just how physical the game would be. This year they knew SC was going to bring it. They expected a tough game and got it.

Not sure why you think CG would need a two TD lead going into the second half. I do think this will be a close, hard fought game, but I don't think you can disregard gibbons ability to put up points. Especially if EF has turnovers.

We turned the ball over some earlier in the year but not so much lately which is a huge reason why we're (EF) here.

I don't expect that to change this weekend so a close game should be expected.

I'm not disregarding CG ability to put up points. The entire offense is impressive so I'm giving loads of respect. Lots of different options from the same set. Believe the only way EF stops them well is winning the line of scrimmage and thus taking the deep threat away. Not referring to QB speed, but overall team speed. It's hard to tell on video most of the time so just asking for clarity. Could easily be missing it on maxprep videos. I'm just a fan so talking to talk. EF historically comes out of the gate slow and adjusts well at halftime. Rotating players throughout the game normally gives EF more of an edge late in a game by having kids fresh. That's the reason for the halftime score reference. I didn't write the book so just giving my opinion. Scotland had 3 kids that flat laid the lumber last year and the rest would hit you on either side of the ball. Believe video can also make this just as hard to see as speed so that's the nature of asking. Looking forward to the game. Hope the weather is decent from a fan perspective, but believe wet conditions favor EF.

I'm not disregarding CG ability to put up points. The entire offense is impressive so I'm giving loads of respect. Lots of different options from the same set. Believe the only way EF stops them well is winning the line of scrimmage and thus taking the deep threat away. Not referring to QB speed, but overall team speed. It's hard to tell on video most of the time so just asking for clarity. Could easily be missing it on maxprep videos. I'm just a fan so talking to talk. EF historically comes out of the gate slow and adjusts well at halftime. Rotating players throughout the game normally gives EF more of an edge late in a game by having kids fresh. That's the reason for the halftime score reference. I didn't write the book so just giving my opinion. Scotland had 3 kids that flat laid the lumber last year and the rest would hit you on either side of the ball. Believe video can also make this just as hard to see as speed so that's the nature of asking. Looking forward to the game. Hope the weather is decent from a fan perspective, but believe wet conditions favor EF.

Agree completely, this game will be won in the trenches. I think team styles are somewhat similar in that if you stack the box, we have a very solid passing game and can advance through the air. If the defense plays back, both teams are capable of running. While I think this will be a close game, I do think EF has the edge in that they have been there before --and won it. I wonder if there will be jitters for CG being it's their first time. ....I saw the EF coach interview on hsot and I give you guys a lot of credit as EF lost some key players but they continue to win. I hope the weather is good also. It's looking like rain right now.

Reactions: Post 36 and Veejay4
The gap between 4A and 4AA is huge this year lol... CG was losing to Richmond 45-14 when starters were pulled... Now they are playing for Championship...

The gap between 4A and 4AA is huge this year lol... CG was losing to Richmond 45-14 when starters were pulled... Now they are playing for Championship...
Only true friends let you know if you have a piece of broccoli in your teeth or your breath smells bad. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

Agree between the top 4aa teams gap is huge. I never ever could have foreseen the beatdown RC took last week.

I'm more impressed we got all the way to Wednesday before that "tired" observation got
mentioned again.

Don't really understand what that means in the overall scheme of things. I think everyone pretty much gets 4AA is leaps and bounds stronger THIS year especially the 4AA West but I'd much rather appreciate a story like CG finally getting to final.

Those young men in Raleigh and our team (EF) are preparing for an experience of a lifetime. Not sure how much it matters to them that they aren't 4AA.

We were both asked to beat the 48 teams in front of us and that's all both teams did.

That observation isn't an elephant in the room any longer. I believe everyone gets it. Can we just appreciate the matchups and prepare to watch these young men give everything they have for a couple hours this Saturday.

I'm more impressed we got all the way to Wednesday before that "tired" observation got
mentioned again.

Don't really understand what that means in the overall scheme of things. I think everyone pretty much gets 4AA is leaps and bounds stronger THIS year especially the 4AA West but I'd much rather appreciate a story like CG finally getting to final.

Those young men in Raleigh and our team (EF) are preparing for an experience of a lifetime. Not sure how much it matters to them that they aren't 4AA.

We were both asked to beat the 48 teams in front of us and that's all both teams did.

That observation isn't an elephant in the room any longer. I believe everyone gets it. Can we just appreciate the matchups and prepare to watch these young men give everything they have for a couple hours this Saturday.

Well said Veejay4. This is an exciting week for the CG community and I’m sure for all the other teams playing for the state title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT