ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins 1AA West

Who wins?

• Mitchell

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • East Surry

Votes: 55 57.9%

• Total voters
Very surprised to see Mitchell dominate Swain like they did with their leading rusher not carrying the ball at all. If he was healthy it would have been a running clock and that’s saying something against Swain in the playoffs. I expect a win If Mitchell is healthy, if not East will play for the title.

Tarboro is on a different level I was able to make my first Tarboro game from
Greensboro this year this past Friday night when they hosted North Rowan and MY GOD that team should definitely be in a higher classification. They executed their assignments flawlessly. East Surry vs Mitchell is a truly interesting matchup this year. I think that game goes 4 quarters with a slight edge to East Surry but at the same time i would not be surprised if Mitchell wins this one late

I see the contrary. From what I’ve heard about Tarboro they are a really physical team. I could see Mitchell giving them a better game than East Surry could
Not at all you do not try to go in and slug one out with Tarboro they will match Mitchell with size and be just as if not more physical. Not to mention better coached not knocking Mitchell’s coach but from everything I hear Craddock is second to none. Nobody is going to beat Tarboro at Tarboro’s game you have to contrast their style and do it well enough to force them to play your game.

East Surry will pile the yards up Friday night. I have no doubt. However, I think Mitchell's defense will limit the breakaways, and hold in the redzone. On the flipside, I believe Mitchell will march down the field slow and methodically and score on every possession. East Surry will win yards, first downs, Mitchell will win time of possession and 3rd down conversions. A one score differential.

Reactions: Finish Strong2
East Surry will pile the yards up Friday night. I have no doubt. However, I think Mitchell's defense will limit the breakaways, and hold in the redzone. On the flipside, I believe Mitchell will march down the field slow and methodically and score on every possession. East Surry will win yards, first downs, Mitchell will win time of possession and 3rd down conversions. A one score differential.
Best of luck to you guys. I dont know much about Mitchell thats why i have to go East Surry

Not sure how East will rack up the yards but have their big plays limited. If Gosnell or Stevens get in the open go ahead and get the offense ready because the fight song will be playing they do not get run down.

Not at all you do not try to go in and slug one out with Tarboro they will match Mitchell with size and be just as if not more physical. Not to mention better coached not knocking Mitchell’s coach but from everything I hear Craddock is second to none. Nobody is going to beat Tarboro at Tarboro’s game you have to contrast their style and do it well enough to force them to play your game.

better coached? Idk I’d say for the cards he gets dealt each year our coach is pretty good. He isn’t recruiting d1 guys from elsewhere. Our kids are disciplined and well coached. Coach Pitman’s first year we were 8-5. From then on we’ve won at least 10 games. The most games in a regular season we’ve lost are 2. That was to 3a Erwin and heritage.

Reactions: goknightgo
better coached? Idk I’d say for the cards he gets dealt each year our coach is pretty good. He isn’t recruiting d1 guys from elsewhere. Our kids are disciplined and well coached. Coach Pitman’s first year we were 8-5. From then on we’ve won at least 10 games. The most games in a regular season we’ve lost are 2. That was to 3a Erwin and heritage.
Well you obviously cannot read. I clearly said I was not knocking Mitchell’s coach that Craddock was just second to none and Tarboro plays like a well oiled machine but whatever you wanna take from it go ahead!

I just saw in an article that Swain had 18 penalties for 203 yards??? How many did Mitchell have? sounds like these officials wanted the night to be all about them. Terrible to see let the kids play!!

I just saw in an article that Swain had 18 penalties for 203 yards??? How many did Mitchell have? sounds like these officials wanted the night to be all about them. Terrible to see let the kids play!!
Had 9 or 10. Alot of Swain's penalties came in the 4th quarter, when their emotions started to get the beat of them.

Mitchell had 7 for 99 yards. Yeah it was an adventure for sure. Some penalties were legit. Others were questionable at best (on both teams). The officials wanted to be seen. Some of us noticed that the officials never even left the field at halftime. Just stood on the 50 yard line like here we are.

Go Mountaineers

Mitchell had 7 for 99 yards. Yeah it was an adventure for sure. Some penalties were legit. Others were questionable at best (on both teams). The officials wanted to be seen. Some of us noticed that the officials never even left the field at halftime. Just stood on the 50 yard line like here we are.

Go Mountaineers
It’s a shame when officials don’t know their place in a high school sporting even. Sadly it happens fairly often. Just do your job nobody is there to see an official.

Go Mountaineers

Wow, I’ve never see officials stay on the field like that. I agree games in playoffs or much less any game should not be affected by officials, but as we all know there is always the few that have to be seen and heard

Reactions: wncbowhunter
The Robbinsville/ Murphy game last week was officiated great I thought. They didn’t let anything get out of control and they let them play. If it got a little chippy you would see a ref walk over to the player and talk to him. It’s a way a game should be called

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Robbinsville and Tuscola will be wrestling at Mitchell today.

Mitchell needs to take care of the ball. Line must put pressure on qb, force quick decisions. If this doesn't happen ES wins.

Mitchell didn't limit the big plays, but I summed it otherwise.

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT