ADVERTISEMENT

Who Stops Catholic? Not Your Team

When Charlotte Mecklenburg assistant superintendent, Mo Green, took over the Guilfird schools as superintendent he revisited that the residency issues in Meck were no worse than Guilford and that was a shock to him.

I am always impressed with CC since they run the system right way and they know they will not out-athlete other team. They have to run the system and execute the game plan. One team I know that could stop CC is Dudley and I have not seen any fans from Dudley complain. Each time they play each other, it usually means the winner will win the state bar none. The reason why Dudley can and will beat CC is the fact they listen to the coaches and they will execute on defense properly. They don't over pursuit the running lane. The defense are quite disciplined. Heck they even beat CC with Hood on the team. I think it was 15-8 and it was a great great game. Burns, and many other teams have to realize that in order to beat CC, play very discipline defense!!!!

Reactions: seadog28
I am always impressed with CC since they run the system right way and they know they will not out-athlete other team. They have to run the system and execute the game plan. One team I know that could stop CC is Dudley and I have not seen any fans from Dudley complain. Each time they play each other, it usually means the winner will win the state bar none. The reason why Dudley can and will beat CC is the fact they listen to the coaches and they will execute on defense properly. They don't over pursuit the running lane. The defense are quite disciplined. Heck they even beat CC with Hood on the team. I think it was 15-8 and it was a great great game. Burns, and many other teams have to realize that in order to beat CC, play very discipline defense!!!!

Not sure why you threw Burns in there. We don't have much history at all with CC.

BBB I’m with you why the heck did he throw Burns in there lol that came from left field

Spot on! Dudley, like Catholic, is a measuring stick. Much respect to both! I recommend all fans catch a Dudley game. It’s awesome!

Not making excuses for Havelock but just stating a fact. The kids that go to Havelock live in an area around Havelock. Same for East Carteret, West Carteret, New Bern and West Craven ( where I went to school). Pitt county is allowing the athletes to go where they want within the county. I'm just saying there should be an even standard for all the schools that have to compete with each other. Havelock does exceptionally well competing year after year against teams that are able to load up.

If you read the Carteret County News Times from this weekend you will learn that 4 of West Carteret starters have now transferred to Havelock. Including the leading rusher (1700+ yards) and leading receiver (700+ yards) are now Rams. So I think you may need to change your facts. Recruiting out there in the East ????

If you read the Carteret County News Times from this weekend you will learn that 4 of West Carteret starters have now transferred to Havelock. Including the leading rusher (1700+ yards) and leading receiver (700+ yards) are now Rams. So I think you may need to change your facts. Recruiting out there in the East ????

The difference in Pitt county and what I was referring to is living in one place and going to school in another. If the families of those kid's move into the district to attend Havelock then it's completely within the rules. In the areas I'm complaining about kids just pick which school they want to attend without the cost of their families moving. Havelock is a good program and there are always going to be families that want their kids to play there. Is this the first time you have heard of this at Havelock? We have had kids move there but the parent was a teacher that transferred there. We have had Havelock kid's move to our school. But all the top football talent in Craven county can't decide to join up at Havelock without there families moving. There is somewhat of a difference. Recruiting is not a word I believe I have used in this.

The difference in Pitt county and what I was referring to is living in one place and going to school in another. If the families of those kid's move into the district to attend Havelock then it's completely within the rules. In the areas I'm complaining about kids just pick which school they want to attend without the cost of their families moving. Havelock is a good program and there are always going to be families that want their kids to play there. Is this the first time you have heard of this at Havelock? We have had kids move there but the parent was a teacher that transferred there. We have had Havelock kid's move to our school. But all the top football talent in Craven county can't decide to join up at Havelock without there families moving. There is somewhat of a difference. Recruiting is not a word I believe I have used in this.

EXACTLY!!! see this guy totally gets it!!!!

I have a solution!!! Every time a student is caught cheating in the classroom at any school, the SCHOOL MUST REPORT IT!!! and therefore a point shall be taken away from every touchdown scored! And every field goal kicked! Because let’s be serious! No kid cheats! Just like no parent lies, and all public schools absolutely follow the rules!!!

Seriously this is getting old, and I’m tired of reading about whining people and recruiting at Catholic or any school for that matter. The NCHSAA doesn’t care about your opinion on these boards. You want change? Then call the NCHSAA and leave these boards the hell alone.

I have a solution!!! Every time a student is caught cheating in the classroom at any school, the SCHOOL MUST REPORT IT!!! and therefore a point shall be taken away from every touchdown scored! And every field goal kicked! Because let’s be serious! No kid cheats! Just like no parent lies, and all public schools absolutely follow the rules!!!

Seriously this is getting old, and I’m tired of reading about whining people and recruiting at Catholic or any school for that matter. The NCHSAA doesn’t care about your opinion on these boards. You want change? Then call the NCHSAA and leave these boards the hell alone.

If you are going to talk about recruiting then qoute someone else because nothing in my comments are about recruiting or cheating. Reading comprehension is a lost art.

The NCHSAA changed their rules last year allowing a student athlete to "transfer" schools and play sports immediately without the 365 sit out. Some school systems did not honor the previous rule. They allowed a student to play sports without sitting out. Some counties are not allowing the student to play immediately now.

If a student and their nuclear family (or legal guardian and family) move from one primary residence to another and completely move from the previous residence the student was allowed to play immediately for the new home district team. That was considered a bonafide change of address.

If you are going to talk about recruiting then qoute someone else because nothing in my comments are about recruiting or cheating. Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Oh my bad. Take out the word “recruiting” from my previous post and reread it...all parents and students in Pitt county follow the rules?

you know what? think about it. all kids want to play for winners right? can you blame a high school player in any sport for that? lets face it. as long as we have sports theres going to be kids transferring to other schools. i personally have seen it many times. most of the posters on this board have too.is there anything that can be done to stop it? should anything be done to stop it? the answer to both questions in my opinion is no.should we as fans be able to dictate to these young athletes where to play if they feel the need to showcase their talents elsewhere? a lot of these athletes dont have the money to be able to go to expensive private schools. so is it fair that only the rich kids can transfer to private schools get reclassified and then get another year of eligibility to showcase their talents? i think most of the recruiting talk is more about fans having hurt feelings that a kid left their school. hey sometimes you get a great kid moving in and sometimes you lose one. wish them well, dont dwell on it put your gear on and work hard on the things you can control and have a great year. go big green

Catholic's boundary for athletic participation is 25 miles radius (same as charters), a $12,000 per year tuition, and no financial aid available if a student participates in athletics. 365 sit out if a student transfers into the school unless they are moving from out of the area and attended a Catholic school previously.

Catholic is not the only game in town. Look at the D1 players from schools located within ten miles of Catholic over the last few years and then compare to Catholic's D1 signees.

When you saw Catholic take the field for warmups in the title game you thought Havelock was going to roll them. They did not impress you with athletes or unbelievable size although that was probably the largest team on the line Catholic has fielded. I am sure most in the stands expected Havelock would swarm the antiquated offense and not give the receivers a step and offensively would run past the Catholic defenders.

What makes Catholic exceptional is their players play together, running the same system in middle school mostly coached by former players. They have smart kids that buy into the system. I will admit their advantage may be the parents are usually better educated and more household income but Catholic does not compare in those categories to their neighboring Big 4 private schools (Christian, Latin, Country Day, Providence Day). The Catholic student on average does not come from a household with huge incomes but strong middle class.

I am not a Catholic guy or fan but I played against them and have watched them over the years. You do not hear Charlotte coaches complain about them. The schools in Meck County liked having them in their conference. Easy to work with, great support with no issues resulting in nice gates, Southern hospitality when visiting. Probably as close to a small town atmosphere as you will see at a Meck game because the same families send their children and children's children there while generations are separated out at the publics due to redistricting and strict districting.
Well said I am tired of hearing CC recruits. Like some one said everyone wants to be a winner. They want to play for a winning program. I don't see a lot of college coaches at 3-7 team practices. And I sure don't hear the kids complaining. Go Mounties!

I have a thought. Why not just get better and beat them. I rarely if ever hear fans from places like Shelby, Crest, Mallard Creek etc,etc complain. I have been to 2 dozen Catholic games. Anyone who thinks they have some sort of unfair advantage due to extended boundaries doesnt have a clue. Want to argue athletes?? Go watch Catholic play in shorts and a tshirt in a 7 on 7. If you lined them up and had to bet on which team would win Catholic would be last picked.....every time.

Mahahahaha... Wait...wait. mahahahaha...stick with non-recruiting public schools private schools that recruit are a little to strong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT