ADVERTISEMENT

Who Stops Catholic? Not Your Team

footsoldier

Aug 24, 2003
Parts Unknown
Like you don’t know that answer. Love asking those questions. NO ONE IN 3A will ever get close to the rolling thunder of Charlotte Catholic and their body breaking roster of name taking smashmouthers and that includes your sad lot of student flunkies struggling to remain eligible with a 2.0 average.

Hell.....we only lost five or six starters to graduation. Go take a gander at the 2017 playoff scores for CATHOLIC and you will have a Sunday chuckle football friends. 2018 will be no different as RED PAIN slams your tin soldiers—mask first—into the turf while they beg for mercy. You don’t need to write it down, we make certain you never forget us and there’s nothing you can do to prevent that.

It’s always the same when Red Pain arrives at your house. Before the game ends you’ll have coaches pulling their hair out in frustration, little kids crying and wanting to leave, swearing parents in denial whining “they cheat, they cheat” while their sons look like a red-headed stepchild trying to mud wrestle at a strip joint.

It’s already over chumps. Just give us the plaque now and get out. #yougotnothin’

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Like you don’t know that answer. Love asking those questions. NO ONE IN 3A will ever get close to the rolling thunder of Charlotte Catholic and their body breaking roster of name taking smashmouthers and that includes your sad lot of student flunkies struggling to remain eligible with a 2.0 average.

Hell.....we only lost five or six starters to graduation. Go take a gander at the 2017 playoff scores for CATHOLIC and you will have a Sunday chuckle football friends. 2018 will be no different as RED PAIN slams your tin soldiers—mask first—into the turf while they beg for mercy. You don’t need to write it down, we make certain you never forget us and there’s nothing you can do to prevent that.

It’s always the same when Red Pain arrives at your house. Before the game ends you’ll have coaches pulling their hair out in frustration, little kids crying and wanting to leave, swearing parents in denial whining “they cheat, they cheat” while their sons look like a red-headed stepchild trying to mud wrestle at a strip joint.

It’s already over chumps. Just give us the plaque now and get out. #yougotnothin’

Happy for you!

Reactions: footsoldier
True Story.
This from the laughing stock of HS football in Cleveland County. Catholic would turn your bullpups into a bowl of blue mashed potatoes.

Oooo Oooo we have to turn around and take the bus home to Lawndale because it’s going to rain at Central Cabarrus and we’re afraid of Donnie Kiefer. What a joke.

Will you hose down the field again when It’s Shelby week?

Reactions: ggman
This from the laughing stock of HS football in Cleveland County. Catholic would turn your bullpups into a bowl of blue mashed potatoes.

Oooo Oooo we have to turn around and take the bus home to Lawndale because it’s going to rain at Central Cabarrus and we’re afraid of Donnie Kiefer. What a joke.

Will you hose down the field again when It’s Shelby week?

You want me to argue with your statement? I can't. You're 100% correct. Except that it wasn't our call at Central Cabarrus. But that's neither here nor there. But you haven't argued with the previous statement about Catholic's history with Cleveland County teams in the playoffs. Are you deflecting? Or do you just realize the truth and don't want to admit it?

So they beat us twice. Burns hasn’t done any better against Cleveland County schools than Catholic.

You clowns couldn’t come up with an original idea when you built your school either. You had to STEAL from Crest.

One thing’s for sure: you’ll never touch us.

I wouldn’t say the power ponies are “loaded” they are definitely more experienced and senior heavy, but I wouldn’t crown them conference champs just yet.

Same for KM, they’ll be more or less the same as last year. I give KM the nod to win conference again in a close game over Crest since the game is at KM...Unless Hunter Huss or Ashbrook come out guns a blazing

So they beat us twice. Burns hasn’t done any better against Cleveland County schools than Catholic.

You clowns couldn’t come up with an original idea when you built your school either. You had to STEAL from Crest.

The county built the schools at the same time, so I wouldn't say we "stole" from them. Rest assured, if Catholic was in Cleveland County, your record wouldn't be as great as it is now. Maybe if we could recruit like Crest and Catholic, we'd be just as good. :D

Crest and Kings Mt will be loaded this year.You know how Catholic does against Cleveland County.
That's assuming Kings Mountain gets to that game with Catholic, they were supposed to face off at Keffer last year, but the Mounties couldn't hold up their end of the bargain.
I will say this, Catholic will probably be better in 2018 than they were in 2017. Scary thought, especially seeing that the defense will be stronger than last years which gave up 9PPG and held a Havelock team scoring 50 a game to 14

I'll take trash talk from the Crest folks, but Kings Mountain couldn't hold up their end of the bargain when it came to facing us this year and Burns hasn't been relevant in over a decade.
Don't engage Burns fans, they're all a joke, just like their football program.

I wouldn’t say the power ponies are “loaded” they are definitely more experienced and senior heavy, but I wouldn’t crown them conference champs just yet.

Same for KM, they’ll be more or less the same as last year. I give KM the nod to win conference again in a close game over Crest since the game is at KM...Unless Hunter Huss or Ashbrook come out guns a blazing

I think that the biggest thing that Crest has going for them coming into this season is going to be continuity with the offense. A full offseason with the new coach will only help. I think being senior heavy will help with the transition to the new DC.

Kings Mountain should be as explosive offensively as they have been in a long time. Some people are saying theat KM takes step back defensively after losing key guys on that side of the ball. Guys like #40, #44 and #3 are hard to replace. I actually believe that unit will surprise some folks this year.

Having, HH, Ashbrook, and Crest at home will play into KM's favor I believe.

Depends on how many of our football players that Catholic recruits. I'm tired of playing kids from Bessemer City, Clover, Virginia Myers Park, etc... wearing Red. You guys don't have a team, you have a group of kids you recruited. No team spirit when your players grew up in other places. Your rings suck, your program sucks, and even when you win no one takes it serious because your players are from other areas. Congrats on your fake championship

Reactions: cbpuckett48
Depends on how many of our football players that Catholic recruits. I'm tired of playing kids from Bessemer City, Clover, Virginia Myers Park, etc... wearing Red. You guys don't have a team, you have a group of kids you recruited. No team spirit when your players grew up in other places. Your rings suck, your program sucks, and even when you win no one takes it serious because your players are from other areas. Congrats on your fake championship

Most of Catholic’s players come through the Catholic school system and attended elementary and middle school in the system.

Reactions: beamer24
Right now advantage Catholic. I'll get back with you in Nov. To see if there is a debate or not. History tells me . They don't hand out trophy's in April.

Reactions: Crestuff
I’m not hating on the power ponies by any means. I think Crest will give KM a great game that could go either way...but as far as being a state championship team? Nah. I don’t see it for KM either, but the difference is Lloyd isn’t going anywhere, where as the new kid on the block Eddins...well with a senior lead team, he’d better do something great...we all know what will happen if Crest doesn’t improve greatly this season...the riots in the streets of boiling waters will be heard all the way to Charlotte

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Regardless, of their enrollment numbers. Charlotte Catholic should stay at 4A. I believe it would be a better fit for the Catholic program. I don't think Catholic go out looking for these kids. Parents and kids themselves can choose to attend Catholic. I would have to say the results for Catholic for the past 15 years..look too good to be true

Reactions: cbpuckett48
Catholic arrogance on par with South Point arrogance....except with results

JM gave them a good game in the playoffs. I'd like to see them against a Huss, Crest, or KM. Really expected Havelock to give them more resistance, but they moved the ball better on them then they did anybody else.

Last edited:
The key word is "Most." If all of your players except 3 come from the "Catholic School System" but those 3 are Division I players, then that's a big deal.
Funny, I ran some numbers for you. In the last five years there have been only two kids who have not gone to Holy Trinity Middle or St Mark's K-8 school to have gone on and played D1 college football.
One is Xander Gagnon who moved in from Ohio as a freshman, he is currently at Duke. The other is Milan Howard who graduates this year, but has been at Catholic since his freshman year. I mean two kids in the last 5 years, yeah recruiting is doing wonders.
Also doppleganger, results too good to be true? Come by a Catholic practice sometime and check out how things are run. In today's world people think you need star athletes to win, you need discipline and good coaching and Catholic has both. Our all time leading tackler will be a 5'8" 160 white kid who plays safety because he plays an incredibly disciplined and fast brand of football.
However, we've been down this road before.

Reactions: beamer24
Will Catholic be scheduling any other Out of State Catholic schools in the future. Would love to see Catholic up against better competition

I always joke about recruiting because it's fun to see Catholic folks riled up. But truthfully, the playing field is very different, you can't deny that. Public schools have about a 10-15 mile area around their school that they draw from. With Catholic, it's 25 miles. Bob Mckilliop's (Davidson's Basketball Coach) boys went to Catholic and they had an hour drive every day to school. How is that fair? It's not the recruiting part (because there's no proof in that), it's the access to that many more kids that makes the playing field unfair and gives Catholic an advantage.

Will Catholic be scheduling any other Out of State Catholic schools in the future. Would love to see Catholic up against better competition
We attempted to schedule St. X out of Cincy and Marist out of ATL this year, but couldn't make it work.

Reactions: Champ_24
Yeah. I agree. Go away with your Charlotte Catholic superiority garbage. No one cares. These are generally public school fans. Your rings mean about much as the ones you get from the bubble gum machine at Pizza Hut. Explain why Charlotte Latin (Who almost beat you guys) has to play private school and you guys play public. At least they didn't make any excuses for using kids from Mooresville and Gaston County

We attempted to schedule St. X out of Cincy and Marist out of ATL this year, but couldn't make it work.

Marist would had been a great game. Think any Catholic school from MD,VA or DC will come down again.

I think Catholic has the commitment from the school,parents and community and the coaches to really become a regional Catholic power.

Yeah. I agree. Go away with your Charlotte Catholic superiority garbage. No one cares. These are generally public school fans. Your rings mean about much as the ones you get from the bubble gum machine at Pizza Hut. Explain why Charlotte Latin (Who almost beat you guys) has to play private school and you guys play public. At least they didn't make any excuses for using kids from Mooresville and Gaston County

Catholic did not play Latin.

NCHSAA bylaws allow non bording Parochial schools to be members.

Latin among other privates is allowed to recruit, can offer athletic scholarship money, and up until about ten years ago reclassified students back a class grade.

Catholic did not play Latin.

NCHSAA bylaws allow non bording Parochial schools to be members.

Latin among other privates is allowed to recruit, can offer athletic scholarship money, and up until about ten years ago reclassified students back a class grade.
He is not educated enough to know who we played therefore, I do not think he'd understand your logic. Sour grapes.

The only people that care about CATHOLIC 2017 state championship is you and the other couple of dozen of fans they have.

I'm hearing a lot of good info on your team Mountie.They should have a great chance this season.

You have to have good players to be a great team. I agree Coaching, discipline, and most of all team depth. That is what makes Catholic program Successful . They might not have any flashy players, but i guarantee you they don't have any scrubs on that team. The 2nd and 3rd stream players could probably be good enough start for another program.

Should be another great year for Cleveland County football. Would love for Crest to play Catholic again at Catholic. Great place to watch a football game, you're so close to the field.

The Catholic argument is getting old. As a Cleveland county resident I have read these boards as Burns fans and Crest fans just scream and yell at each other over this kid or that kid, and then KM was pulled into the argument last season

I love reading that stuff by the way, keep up the good work! my point is most schools are benefiting from students transferring from this place or that. And as it has been mentioned, Catholic has lost to public schools before. I think they even lost to ERWIN one season lmao. So no I don’t think they are a IMG Academy. Notice that most schools that complain about Catholic have never won state, or have not won in a long time.

As a side note, I do honestly believe Shelby, a 2A school could have handily beat Catholic on multiple occasions in certain years.

That's assuming Kings Mountain gets to that game with Catholic, they were supposed to face off at Keffer last year, but the Mounties couldn't hold up their end of the bargain.
I will say this, Catholic will probably be better in 2018 than they were in 2017. Scary thought, especially seeing that the defense will be stronger than last years which gave up 9PPG and held a Havelock team scoring 50 a game to 14

Well if every kid in the east that wanted to play football at Havelock and was allowed too then that score would be different wouldn't it?? I wouldn't be crowing about beating a 3A team from out in the country that is not allowed to recruit like Catholic is. The playing field in NC high school football is so unfairly imbalanced.

Well if every kid in the east that wanted to play football at Havelock and was allowed too then that score would be different wouldn't it?? I wouldn't be crowing about beating a 3A team from out in the country that is not allowed to recruit like Catholic is. The playing field in NC high school football is so unfairly imbalanced.
You are acting like Havelock is this poor little team that barely gets any talent with that post. Havelock had one of the most explosive offenses in the state. Everyone knew that going into the title game. Rose(who operates in a county with open enrollment) had a very similar offense and two similar results. Almost identical actually when looking at two title games. Havelock has some of the best athletes in all of the state, along with some of the best coaching, so please spare us all that crap.

Based on “talent” I expect Catholic is fourth or fifth among NCHSAA teams in Meck County most seasons plus behind at least one private.

Last edited:

What was Havelock's excuse the year Crest held that explosive offense to 3 pts.. Oh YEA...We recruit..Just ask a burns fan.

Dont you guys ever get tired of whining like little girls who lost their Barbie dolls?

Reactions: seadog28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT