ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the upper hand? Tarboro or East Surry?

Who feels more confident going into Saturday? Tarboro or East Surry?

• East Surry - Division 1 recruits, strong passing team

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Tarboro - Fast, heavily rely on the run game, great defense

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This year, how many games have the starters for each team had to play 4 full quarters? Could this be a determining factor this Friday night. Of course it will not be hot, but are both teams conditioned to go 4 full quarters against top notch talent.

I am pulling for the Cards, but I am picking Tarboro by 14.

TD I hate to break it to you, but the problem isn't with the number of players on the team, the problem is all the non football players go to the school across the street dropping Tarboro's adm number to 1AA

TD I hate to break it to you, but the problem isn't with the number of players on the team, the problem is all the non football players go to the school across the street dropping Tarboro's adm number to 1AA
That's what I have been saying, LOL... That left them with 2A numbers in football and dropped them to 1A. They graduated 20 seniors in 2017 and 20 seniors in 2018 and are showing 22 SRs and about the same # JRs this year and only a few sophomores. On the JV team are 38 players, all sophomores and freshmen. So as a football team they are still the same 2A they were.
No sense in rehashing this. No one sees it as it is and nothing will change my mind that they are more of an advantaged school than most Charters.
So I will let it go until after Saturday's game. Unless East Surry with their D-1 players finds a way to beat them then I see no one in the near future that doesn't get blown out by this heavily loaded 2A school. So if no one can find Tarboro is highly advantaged then everyone needs to stop whining about the Charter schools. Maybe in after they keep winning year after year and get to blow out a Mountain school, then crap will hit the fan. So far it has only been the NWC, Mount Airy 2017. East Surry 2018 & 2019. So no one else can find a reason to see their advantage. Mitchell would have been blown out if they had made it. East Surry does have a better chance. So I will let it go for now.

Didn’t realize Edgecombe County was the only county that had an early college.

This they still have 2A numbers is a load of junk, what even is 2A football numbers? I saw 2A schools all year with fewer players than Tarboro. All city schools at times have advantages, Mt. Airy, Elkin, Thomasville, Lexington, Asheville, the whole lot. The only reason this was even brought up is because they have had a great run the last few years. That run will end at some point. If you don’t want Tarboro to be the champs find a way to beat them, but until then they are the man, “2A football” numbers or not!

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
That's what I have been saying, LOL... That left them with 2A numbers in football and dropped them to 1A. They graduated 20 seniors in 2017 and 20 seniors in 2018 and are showing 22 SRs and about the same # JRs this year and only a few sophomores. On the JV team are 38 players, all sophomores and freshmen. So as a football team they are still the same 2A they were.
No sense in rehashing this. No one sees it as it is and nothing will change my mind that they are more of an advantaged school than most Charters.
So I will let it go until after Saturday's game. Unless East Surry with their D-1 players finds a way to beat them then I see no one in the near future that doesn't get blown out by this heavily loaded 2A school. So if no one can find Tarboro is highly advantaged then everyone needs to stop whining about the Charter schools. Maybe in after they keep winning year after year and get to blow out a Mountain school, then crap will hit the fan. So far it has only been the NWC, Mount Airy 2017. East Surry 2018 & 2019. So no one else can find a reason to see their advantage. Mitchell would have been blown out if they had made it. East Surry does have a better chance. So I will let it go for now.
The only one that whining in here is u buddy. You’ve been going on & on about how many players that’s on Tarboro roster. The # of players on a roster doesn’t mean a damn thing if you aren’t winning. I bet u money of Tarboro weren’t even in the states you wouldn’t be saying that. One thing about Tarboro that u don’t understand is that we have a strong culture here when it comes to football. Even before we started winning we had the support of the community. Even the peewee football team runs the exact same offense that the middle school & high school does so once they get to high school they’ll already know it & won’t have to learn it. I know for a fact that it’s about 10 ppl on the team that just want to be apart of it & say they were on the team. It’s EVERY year that way. So please stop w/ the 2A numbers. The only numbers that matters in football are the wins & loses. Not a damn size of the team. U sad like a child by doing that!

On another note. Coming from a few of Tarboro players. Someone posted on twitter saying since they’re aren’t any “thugs” on this team then we(East Surry) will win this game easily! Man I’ve NEVER heard anything more ridiculous. Hope that isn’t true

On another note. Coming from a few of Tarboro players. Someone posted on twitter saying since they’re aren’t any “thugs” on this team then we(East Surry) will win this game easily! Man I’ve NEVER heard anything more ridiculous. Hope that isn’t true
Not surprising. I remember last year there was a lot of questionable stuff posted on twitter and this website by East Surry people

Then it is ok for Shelby to come on down and play 1A. Just like Tarboro came down keeping their 2A numbers Shelby has within 3 players of having the same numbers. So any 2A team that wants to play 1A come on down. Tarboro keeps bragging they cane beat 2A, 3A, 4A. I guess with those numbers, a lot of well-coached teams could claim that . WOW can't believe many are so blind ! I guess they are afraid they will have to play them sometime......

You just knew that when there is one team that is mostly white and another team that is mostly black, eventually some idiot would play the race card in one direction or another and that would start up a lot of nastiness. Stupid but unfortunately a fact of life. Craddock or Lowman are all about class and it would be sad if the fans on either side found a way to stain their program with hatefulness, racism or elitism. Fans need to stay in their lane and support their program rather than find ways to tarnish it.

You just knew that when there is one team that is mostly white and another team that is mostly black, eventually some idiot would play the race card in one direction or another and that would start up a lot of nastiness. Stupid but unfortunately a fact of life. Craddock or Lowman are all about class and it would be sad if the fans on either side found a way to stain their program with hatefulness, racism or elitism. Fans need to stay in their lane and support their program rather than find ways to tarnish it.
WOW, now you are making it about race. I have not seen race mentioned anywhere. I nor have I seen anyone from either team mention race but you. Enough with using race to get your team up. Aren't their numbers enough to give them the advantage ? You are Tarboro worst enemy if they had one.

WOW, now you are making it about race. I have not seen race mentioned anywhere. I nor have I seen anyone from either team mention race but you. Enough with using race to get your team up. Aren't their numbers enough to give them the advantage ? You are Tarboro worst enemy if they had one.
Dude please just shut up. Nobody even takes your posts to heart anymore. I would say ignorance is bliss but in your case this isn’t ignorance. It’s just blatant stupidity

Dude please just shut up. Nobody even takes your posts to heart anymore. I would say ignorance is bliss but in your case this isn’t ignorance. It’s just blatant stupidity
Read his post, and you are the stupid one. I have called no one names and only post it is I see it. Some are on here posting blind. LOL

He probably just realizes nobody gets scores from him anymore - so he has to troll every thread to try and stay relevant.

Reactions: tjforever
He probably just realizes nobody gets scores from him anymore - so he has to troll every thread to try and stay relevant.
Nobody gets my scores because I decided to quit and that is most likely why I am given a rough time. Nobody can or has done it like or as fast and good as I did. Not seeking relevance, just seeking out the injustice of an advantaged school playing in 1A that still has it's 2A number of players.

Nobody gets my scores because I decided to quit and that is most likely why I am given a rough time. Nobody can or has done it like or as fast and good as I did. Not seeking relevance, just seeking out the injustice of an advantaged school playing in 1A that still has it's 2A number of players.
When you go to sleep at night do you dream about Tarboro? Be honest. #RentFree

Reactions: tjforever
Playing the race card, really dude? Now you look like a fool.

Playing the race card, really dude? Now you look like a fool.
You never hear the word "thug" mentioned when you line up a group of white kids. If recognizing that makes me look like a fool, then I am a fool.

Thugs come in all races. Hitler was a thug. MS-13 are Thugs. And HowerinJr has just shown he could be a thug.
You’ve shown you’re an idiot. I hope you tune in Saturday to watch this apparent 2A or 3A Tarboro team play in the 1AA state championship. I cannot wait. I know you’ll be wearing your purple and gold.

You have not read that anywhere, you are slow ! !

You did to begin with, but then walked it back by talking about “2A depth”. So I’ll give you that. I think it’s great when schools have a high percentage of their male population going out for football when participation numbers are dropping in other places.

This they still have 2A numbers is a load of junk, what even is 2A football numbers? I saw 2A schools all year with fewer players than Tarboro. All city schools at times have advantages, Mt. Airy, Elkin, Thomasville, Lexington, Asheville, the whole lot. The only reason this was even brought up is because they have had a great run the last few years. That run will end at some point. If you don’t want Tarboro to be the champs find a way to beat them, but until then they are the man, “2A football” numbers or not!
Just curious what advantages city schools have had from time to time. The only ones that I know of in Thomasville were having Allen and Benjie Brown as coaches.

Reactions: Mhsneer
You did to begin with, but then walked it back by talking about “2A depth”. So I’ll give you that. I think it’s great when schools have a high percentage of their male population going out for football when participation numbers are dropping in other places.
Never once said their ADM was 2A. Always said they still had their 2A football numbers. Their ADM is 514 and that's not near 2A ADM. I research and watch what I say. Tell me the thread and post number if you can. It's not there.

Never once said their ADM was 2A. Always said they still had their 2A football numbers. Their ADM is 514 and that's not near 2A ADM. I research and watch what I say. Tell me the thread and post number if you can. It's not there.
Now I see what you are talking about. East carolina prep school in tarboro if you look at their enrollment 250 kids high school age, they would be at tarboro. That's really 3a numbers you know all the football players stay at tarboro.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Now I see what you are talking about. East carolina prep school in tarboro if you look at their enrollment 250 kids high school age, they would be at tarboro. That's really 3a numbers you know all the football players stay at tarboro.
They wouldn’t all be at Tarboro. NECP pulls from all over Edgecombe County and multiple other counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT