ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the upper hand? Tarboro or East Surry?

Who feels more confident going into Saturday? Tarboro or East Surry?

• East Surry - Division 1 recruits, strong passing team

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Tarboro - Fast, heavily rely on the run game, great defense

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same argument we've heard over a decade ago with Thomasville. They were a dynasty and some say because they were a 2A school playing in a 1A conference. It's not like you can realign every single year, so we just deal with it until it plays itself out over the long haul.

And as far as TDFN goes, I only look at your score posts most of the time on Friday nights, but you went sour with me when you cried about other posters posting scores. I've been here for a long time and respect comes in time. Very few names on here I know from over 15 years ago. Stick around, grow some thicker skin because it's too easy to rile you up .

It's the same argument we've heard over a decade ago with Thomasville. They were a dynasty and some say because they were a 2A school playing in a 1A conference. It's not like you can realign every single year, so we just deal with it until it plays itself out over the long haul.
Swain97, don't let the chatter around this confuse you. Tarboro and Thomasville are completely different situations. While Thomasville was a 2A size school until the next realignment, Tarboro has actually gotten smaller since the previous alignment. The number of players that show up to play football however hasn't changed much in the last 3 decades. This is a football town. Basketball doesn't get huge numbers, nor does baseball. Kids in Tarboro want to play football for Tarboro from the time they are big enough to tuck a football under their arm.

Reactions: daagoob and Swain97
No dog in the fight for me and pulling for East Surry...however, Tarboro has a quality win versus 3a Rocky Mount. Rocky Mount had 4 losses and 3 of the teams that beat them are still playing. Tarboro, Northeastern, Southern Nash. The 4th team lost to Southern Nash this past Friday night.

Good Luck to them East Surry boys!
The Rocky Mount win was a forfeit. Tarboro was up 6-0 in the 2nd quarter and then the skies opened up and the game was halted. Tarboro attempted to reschedule the game, but Rocky Mount had no interest in resuming it at a later date. While that was technically a win under association rules, no one from either school puts any stock in that result. I look forward to Tarboro getting a full game against RM in next year's opener.

Reactions: daagoob
Craddock went 24-23 his first few seasons in Tarboro. Was his job ever in question? If so those people are probably eating some crow now.

Reactions: Swain97
Craddock went 24-23 his first few seasons in Tarboro. Was his job ever in question? If so those people are probably eating some crow now.
There was actually a guy that wrote a letter to the editor bashing Craddock and basically demanding he be fired. Craddock still talks about it to this day.

Maybe VikingPiratePride or HowerinJr knows how to find the letter.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
There was actually a guy that wrote a letter to the editor bashing Craddock and basically demanding he be fired. Craddock still talks about it to this day.

Maybe VikingPiratePride or HowerinJr knows how to find the letter.
The local paper at the time (Daily Southerner) doesn't even exist anymore. Unless Craddock kept a copy somewhere, I doubt it could be found. Craddock often visits churches in town and tells of his submission to Christ but in a parallel story, he kind of surrendered himself to his assistants and allowed them to bring back the Tarboro T offense. Coaching has got to be a stressful job at times considering your success is dependent on the performance of a crazy bunch of teenagers. I can see the desire to want to control everything. Looking over at Coaches Reams, Cox and Whitley and saying, “OK, Boomer” wasn’t easy.

Reactions: Swain97 and Mhsneer
Kudos to the school for sticking with him
Its actually a cool story. I think I’ve heard Craddock say in an interview that he was questioning if he wanted to stay in Tarboro or not during those tough years. Then around 2006, after a tough loss, a player on the middle school team told him “Don’t worry Coach, the boys are coming”.

Craddock decided to to stay and that middle schooler was a senior on Craddocks first championship team in 2009.

East Surry could have lost this past Friday to Mitchell. I'm guessing they and the Grim Reaper have about as good a chance as I do of winning the lottery which is not to good.

Mitchell wasn’t chopped liver. Played East about as close as anyone this year

East Surry beat the defending state 2A champions. In my mind, that makes them the favorite. I mean, seriously, who has Tarboro beaten?
Edenton who beat North Eastern this year and is playing in the 2A state championship. Even though the game was cut short Rocky Mount made the playoffs, Washington Made the playoffs, Southwest Made the playoffs, North a Edgecombe made the playoffs, North Side made the playoffs.. I think they have played some talent

Edenton who beat North Eastern this year and is playing in the 2A state championship. Even though the game was cut short Rocky Mount made the playoffs, Washington Made the playoffs, Southwest Made the playoffs, North a Edgecombe made the playoffs, North Side made the playoffs.. I think they have played some talent
The only teams worth mentioning that had any significant talent are Rocky Mount, Southwest, and Edenton. Maybe Northern Nash based off their playoff run - but they weren’t very good when we played them.

Reactions: ESODcards
The Rocky Mount win was a forfeit. Tarboro was up 6-0 in the 2nd quarter and then the skies opened up and the game was halted. Tarboro attempted to reschedule the game, but Rocky Mount had no interest in resuming it at a later date. While that was technically a win under association rules, no one from either school puts any stock in that result. I look forward to Tarboro getting a full game against RM in next year's opener.
I stand corrected! Technically a win but really a forfeit.....so I guess Tarboro hasn’t played anybody.
East Surry should win then!.....since they beat Reidsville and all.

Sounds logical.

Reactions: HowerinJr
If Tarboro slaughters East like they did last year then they are the best team 1AA or 2A.

Well, the conversation has been about real 1A teams compared to a 2A dropped to 1A still having their 2A depth numbers advantage. So I did not say what I was talking about, just thought you would know.
maybe you should go to the hallways of your school and convince 20 to 25 more males to go out for football then you can have your so called 2A numbers. lol.

Reactions: KW23
If Tarboro slaughters East like they did last year then they are the best team 1AA or 2A.
And they still have their 2A numbers in football. That helps them wear down 1AA teams by rotating in and out more players while 1AA has to go both ways the whole game. Greater advantage than Charter schools. And they hate to hear the truth.

I cant believe im replying to this....but td-Friday night....in your theoretical equation if a 4a school only has 30 players does that make them 1a....and the nchsaa needs to drop them down...since tarboro has 50 players they have to move up?

i dont think there will be a slaughter from either side. I expect both teams to battle hard and the fourth quarter will be the deciding factor.

And they still have their 2A numbers in football. That helps them wear down 1AA teams by rotating in and out more players while 1AA has to go both ways the whole game. Greater advantage than Charter schools. And they hate to hear the truth.
as i said above go to MT Airy's hallways and recruit 20 to 25 male football players and you will have your 2A so called numbers.

Reactions: KW23
I cant believe im replying to this....but td-Friday night....in your theoretical equation if a 4a school only has 30 players does that make them 1a....and the nchsaa needs to drop them down...since tarboro has 50 players they have to move up?
Funny, name me a 4A school with 30 players. Some of you are so numb skulled. I can tell you a 1A school with 2A numbers. Do you even give it any deep thought or just post without thinking about their advantage. :eek::eek:

112,000 people and ADMs 1473 so something bad wrong with 44 players. Shouldn't even have a football team with ADMs that high and only 44 out for football. Pitiful !

I could understand his argument if Tarboro had way more students than other 1A schools, but they aren’t even close to being the biggest. Also I could see it if Tarboro was running 11 different guys on offense and defense, but All of Tarboros best players play both ways.

Instead of continuing to flood NCPreps with your whining - why not take off your Tarboro hater goggles and start trying to influence more kids in your area to play football at a younger age instead of other fall sports.

I could understand his argument if Tarboro had way more students than other 1A schools, but they aren’t even close to being the biggest. Also I could see it if Tarboro was running 11 different guys on offense and defense, but All of Tarboros best players play both ways.

Instead of continuing to flood NCPreps with your whining - why not take off your Tarboro hater goggles and start trying to influence more kids in your area to play football at a younger age instead of other fall sports.
I think football programs in Surry Co all start in peewee leagues as in Tarboro

That’s all he’s been doing for the pass week.

Tarboro will take down East Surry this week unless East Surry can stop the running game much better than they did against Mitchell. Based on last year's result have to think it's a big upset if East Surry wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT