ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the upper hand? Tarboro or East Surry?

Who feels more confident going into Saturday? Tarboro or East Surry?

• East Surry - Division 1 recruits, strong passing team

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Tarboro - Fast, heavily rely on the run game, great defense

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the argument here but this isn’t localized to just a few places. Most schools in the state now have kids either at an EC or such. Only those schools who have success in football get called out over it. Over the past few years I have heard this argument over Tarboro, Murphy and to a lesser extent even Mitchell (all 8 of them from Mitchell that go to EC) as well as others.

I will be honest not sure the best answer but I DO NOT think that any school should have to count kids who do not go to that school in their ADMs. If the state goes down that road on EC kids they, the NCHSAA, would have to figure out how many live in the area that go to private schools, home schooled and so on. So best I can come up with count the kids walking the halls that are eligible to play sports and go with it.

Different argument, but I would like to see a system where playoffs are based on that current year ADM’s instead of the 4 year system we have now. Too many changes can take place over that time frame.

Back to the game. Still think Tarboro will be to much for ES. Even though I would like to see ES pull the upset.

Go Mountaineers

That's probably true just pulling few kids away puts you in 1a. Lot teams across the state has that advantage.
Finally, some can see the advantages of losing all but football players to the Prep school left Tarboro with a huge advantage over all other 1A schools. 3 years and running, they have blown everyone out including the 2 or 3A schools they have played statewide.

Finally, some can see the advantages of losing all but football players to the Prep school left Tarboro with a huge advantage over all other 1A schools. 3 years and running, they have blown everyone out including the 2 or 3A schools they have played statewide.
Agree with you , bet the charter school does not offer football. Huge advantage for tarboro.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Agree with you , bet the charter school does not offer football. Huge advantage for tarboro.
Southwest Edgecombe has lost students to the Charter school causing them to drop to lower divisions. All of their football players stayed just like Tarboros. Why aren’t they winning championships every year.

North Edgecombe has lost students to the charter school causing their numbers to drop. All of the their football players stayed just like Tarboros. Why aren’t they winning championships every year?

It’s only an advantage for Tarboro because they have better players than most other schools right now.

This is my last post on this topic.

You just knew that when there is one team that is mostly white and another team that is mostly black, eventually some idiot would play the race card in one direction or another and that would start up a lot of nastiness. Stupid but unfortunately a fact of life. Craddock or Lowman are all about class and it would be sad if the fans on either side found a way to stain their program with hatefulness, racism or elitism. Fans need to stay in their lane and support their program rather than find ways to tarnish it.
Can someone please explain to me how being a “thug” has anything to do with race. Let me clarify. IT DOESNT. “Thug” refers to someone being a criminal and regularly knowingly participating in illegal acts. Nothing to do with white black brown yellow or purple for crying out loud. People will play the race card over anything these days.

Kolt Bullington was his name.
I remember seeing some of his tweets last year and he didn’t say anything out of the way. However, following the game it seemed like half of Tarboro jumped on Twitter, including players and they twitted all kinds of remarks towards him and some being racist. “White people go out the saddest”, etc, etc.

Can someone please explain to me how being a “thug” has anything to do with race. Let me clarify. IT DOESNT. “Thug” refers to someone being a criminal and regularly knowingly participating in illegal acts. Nothing to do with white black brown yellow or purple for crying out loud. People will play the race card over anything these days.

The original post was "Someone posted on twitter saying since they’re aren’t any “thugs” on this team then we(East Surry) will win this game easily!" Why would thugs even be brought up if there aren't any around? No one is looking at East Surry's team and evaluating them based on their willingness to participate regularly in criminal activities. I'm pretty sure the East Surry fan base would not approve.

Last edited:
I remember seeing some of his tweets last year and he didn’t say anything out of the way. However, following the game it seemed like half of Tarboro jumped on Twitter, including players and they twitted all kinds of remarks towards him and some being racist. “White people go out the saddest”, etc, etc.
Again, I am just asking that people show class and exhibit class. There was definitely a racial divide on the Twitter machine last year and I really hope that it could just be avoided this year.

I remember he tweeted “Tarboro who?” And I think after the game the Tarboro faithful just wanted to make sure he got his question answered. We’re nice people in Tarboro.

The original post was "Someone posted on twitter saying since they’re aren’t any “thugs” on this team then we(East Surry) will win this game easily!" Why would thugs even be brought up if there aren't any around? No one is looking at East Surry's team and evaluating them based on their willingness to participate regularly in criminal activities. I'm pretty sure the East Surry fan base would not approve.
I didn’t say the tweet was appropriate but crying race is just a cop out that is used far too often these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT