ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the upper hand? Tarboro or East Surry?

Who feels more confident going into Saturday? Tarboro or East Surry?

• East Surry - Division 1 recruits, strong passing team

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Tarboro - Fast, heavily rely on the run game, great defense

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While East Surry has a few guys with D1 talent, it takes more than a few guys to win. Tarboro is clearly the more talented team from top to bottom, while ES might be more talented just at the very top. I also think Tarboro’s strength of running the ball is East Surry’s weakness.

Tarboro has the upper hand.

East Surry beat the defending state 2A champions. In my mind, that makes them the favorite. I mean, seriously, who has Tarboro beaten?

Last edited:
East Surry beat the defending state 2A champions. In my mind, that makes them the favorite. I mean, seriously, who has Tarboro beaten?
Haha come on now...Tarboro is the favorite and should be. Tarboro beat Holmes who beat Northeastern. Don’t start that poor mouthin Howerin. Haha. Y’all will and should be picked to win by 2 scores or more. Running the ball and defense wins championships. I do hope ES can give you a game and make it worth the price of admission.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Haha come on now...Tarboro is the favorite and should be. Tarboro beat Holmes who beat Northeastern. Don’t start that poor mouthin Howerin. Haha. Y’all will and should be picked to win by 2 scores or more. Running the ball and defense wins championships. I do hope ES can give you a game and make it worth the price of admission.
No way, dude! Explosive passing game. D1 recruits. The Grim Reaper is just too much. Tarboro’s the obvious underdog!!

Reactions: TarVikes
Tarboro will dominate just like they did last year. East Surry is WAY to slow . It will be same results as last season.

Sadly I agree with you most teams that win state championship are run heavy but such a boring game to watch! High school and college is such more exciting passing the ball. If I had a son and he was a receiver I would not want to play for Tarboro even if they won a state championship.

Sadly I agree with you most teams that win state championship are run heavy but such a boring game to watch! High school and college is such more exciting passing the ball. If I had a son and he was a receiver I would not want to play for Tarboro even if they won a state championship.
The odds of having a talented QB that can run an effective passing game every 2 years in 1A or 2A is kind of unrealistic. The run offense just allows for more consistent success in the long run. While Tarholefan1965 may not approve, the sentiment in Tarboro is pretty much unanimous. Tarboro T.

No way, dude! Explosive passing game. D1 recruits. The Grim Reaper is just too much. Tarboro’s the obvious underdog!!
Remember that one poster that reminded everyone to use sanity this week and be willing to ignore posters who will make ridiculous comments (either out of ignorance or just to stoke the ire of others)...

Oh, wait - it was you.

Tarboro will dominate just like they did last year. East Surry is WAY to slow . It will be same results as last season.

more important than slow. Their dline isn’t great. They’ll have to put 9 in the box to slow tarboro

Jr I was just saying if I had a kid that was a D1 receiver I would not be interested in him playing with a all run team. Unless he needed practice on blocking for the run game.

Remember that one poster that reminded everyone to use sanity this week and be willing to ignore posters who will make ridiculous comments (either out of ignorance or just to stoke the ire of others)...

Oh, wait - it was you.
giphy.gif

Jr I was just saying if I had a kid that was a D1 receiver I would not be interested in him playing with a all run team. Unless he needed practice on blocking for the run game.
I agree. If you were a talented receiver in Tarboro, you would still have to hope for a QB capable of throwing and running. That’s a rare breed in Tarboro.

As far as passing East Surry w/o a doubt...Run game Tarboro w/o a doubt! I think our(Tarboro) defense is far better than East Surry’s defense is also

The odds of having a talented QB that can run an effective passing game every 2 years in 1A or 2A is kind of unrealistic. The run offense just allows for more consistent success in the long run. While Tarholefan1965 may not approve, the sentiment in Tarboro is pretty much unanimous. Tarboro T.
Luckily I understand the sarcasm lol. Dude must don’t know you’re a Tarboro alum & fan

Reactions: HowerinJr
I’m not ready to say that makes us the favorite but it definitely does give them the confidence that they can compete and possibly win.

I agree but can you imagine what a team like Tarboro could do in a high powered offense with the level of defense they put on the field year in and year out. If they had a QB with a real arm and got all the speed they have in space. They could legitimately compete with 4A schools.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
High powered offense doesn’t mean you compete up. Tarboro is running the perfect offense to beat more talented teams.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
East Surry has already beaten last years 2A state Champs in Reidsville and Reidsville is also playing Saturday for another 2A Championship so beating another 2A level football school that has the same advantages as the Charter schools by keeping their 2A members in football players when the charter or prep school opened in Tarboro dropping their ADM, so Tarboro is playing at 1A level now with their 2A team so it is possible if East Surry wants it bad enough.

Last edited:
East Surry has already beaten last years 2A state Champs in Reidsville and Reidsville is also playing Saturday for another 2A Championship so beating another 2A level football school that has the same advantages as the Charter schools by keeping their 2A members in football players when the charter or prep school opened in Tarboro dropping their ADM, so Tarboro is playing at 1A level now with their 2A team so it is possible if East Surry wants it bad enough.
There u go again with that "advantages" BS. One thing about it its not Tarboro fault that 4 high schools are in the same area as them with the furthest being 15 min away.They just show up on Friday and play simple as that. Call the board and complain to them about Tarboro and stop whining EVERYDAY about them being 1AA I swear you're so jealous of Tarboro

There u go again with that "advantages" BS. One thing about it its not Tarboro fault that 4 high schools are in the same area as them with the furthest being 15 min away.They just show up on Friday and play simple as that. Call the board and complain to them about Tarboro and stop whining EVERYDAY about them being 1AA I swear you're so jealous of Tarboro
Not whining just stating facts that I ran across on website in the schools in Tarboro. They have the same advantages as they did as 2A. Lost students to the new Charter or Prep school but kept their 2A numbers in football. East Surry can win if they come with the right game plan and want it bad enough. So that's my answer to the title of this thread.

Not whining just stating facts that I ran across on website in the schools in Tarboro. They have the same advantages as they did as 2A. Lost students to the new Charter or Prep school but kept their 2A numbers in football. East Surry can win if they come with the right game plan and want it bad enough.
Like i said...Don't complain to us. Call the board & get Tarboro back into 2A and watch they won't complain not one bit about who they have to play smh. Grown people crying about a team being 1AA. Grow up dude.

PS..Best of luck to East Surry & Tarboro Saturday.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Like i said...Don't complain to us. Call the board & get Tarboro back into 2A and watch they won't complain not one bit about who they have to play smh. Grown people crying about a team being 1AA. Grow up dude.

PS..Best of luck to East Surry & Tarboro Saturday.
This board is full of grown people posting their opinions on every thread and that goes for you also whining about my posts and opinion. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

This board is full of grown people posting their opinions on every thread and that goes for you also whining about my posts and opinion. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
If anyone is whining it’s you bud. Stop hating on Tarboro being 1AA. Name a team, they wouldn’t turn down a game with them.

If anyone is whining it’s you bud. Stop hating on Tarboro being 1AA. Name a team, they wouldn’t turn down a game with them.
Then they should be back in 2A, instead, their ADMs continue to drop and on the verge of being small 1A . They have not lost a game since dropping to 1A. They love their 2A depth numbers advantage !

Gotta go with Tarboro. I'm tired of hearing the term D1 talent and I haven't seen anyone talking about Tarboro using the words. MICS and TJ had that D1 talent too.

No dog in the fight for me and pulling for East Surry...however, Tarboro has a quality win versus 3a Rocky Mount. Rocky Mount had 4 losses and 3 of the teams that beat them are still playing. Tarboro, Northeastern, Southern Nash. The 4th team lost to Southern Nash this past Friday night.

Good Luck to them East Surry boys!

Then they should be back in 2A, instead, their ADMs continue to drop and on the verge of being small 1A . They have not lost a game since dropping to 1A. They love their 2A depth numbers advantage !
Do your homework before u comment buddy. Since we've been 1AA we've lost to Southern Nash, Wallace-Rose Hill, Southwest, Northern Nash, James Kenan, Washington & Roanoke Rapids

It's not like Tarboro is bringing home the ship in every sport. They're only great at football. Every other sport is run of the mill, nothing special. Back in the day they only beat us in football and track. We'd spank that hiney in everything else.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Do your homework before u comment buddy. Since we've been 1AA we've lost to Southern Nash, Wallace-Rose Hill, Southwest, Northern Nash, James Kenan, Washington & Roanoke Rapids
Are they 1A or 2A schools since Tarboro dropped to 1A . Has Tarboro lost to a 1A school since dropping that is not 2A now ?

Are they 1A or 2A schools since Tarboro dropped to 1A . Has Tarboro lost to a 1A school since dropping that is not 2A now ?
No no no. Don't double back now!!! You clearly said lost a game since they've dropped didn't you? Not lost to a 1A team.

But like i told u before its not Tarboro's problem that they're a 1AA school so hey. You can cry and complain about it all u want that's just the way it is right now until they're moved up or Tarboro & North Edgecombe combines

No no no. Don't double back now!!! You clearly said lost a game since they've dropped didn't you? Not lost to a 1A team.
Well, the conversation has been about real 1A teams compared to a 2A dropped to 1A still having their 2A depth numbers advantage. So I did not say what I was talking about, just thought you would know.

East Surry beat the defending state 2A champions. In my mind, that makes them the favorite. I mean, seriously, who has Tarboro efebsebeaten?
Your defense sucks, no way you would beat reidsville right now, they would run 3 man front like mitchell did.

It’s getting to the point that I wish the admins would do something about TDFridaynight.

He’s about on the same level as Rville20 was last year talking about Murphy. He’s constantly flooding every thread with the same nonsense and making it un-enjoyable for everyone.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but when you constantly say the same pointless thing over and over again - it gets annoying.

It’s getting to the point that I wish the admins would do something about TDFridaynight.

He’s about on the same level as Rville20 was last year talking about Murphy. He’s constantly flooding every thread with the same nonsense and making it un-enjoyable for everyone.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but when you constantly say the same pointless thing over and over again - it gets annoying.
Can't you take the truth ? Does it scare y'all being put back in 2A where Wallace-Rose Hill & James Kenan will put y'all back in reality like 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016? You don't have to worry about them now since they moved to 2A

Last edited:
Can't you take the truth ? Does it scare y'all being put back in 2A where Wallace-Rose Hill & James Kenan will put y'all back in reality like 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016? You don't have to worry about them now since they moved to 2A
James Kenan has been downhill for a while & last time we played them we beat them & we would've beaten WRH this year also! And you can bet them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT