ADVERTISEMENT

WHO DOES EVERYONE GOT WINNING 1A THIS YEAR?

Washington County will be back!
Washington County High has never been ;)

But yes, Washington County should make it to the 1A title game out of the east. Odds of winning it could depend on whether teams like Mt Airy and Murphy are 1AA or 1A. If both Mt Airy and Murphy are 1AA, then Washington County will be the favorites in 1A I would think.

Last edited:
Most feel like because of the small incoming class that Murphy will be 1A instead of 1AA next year

looking at what’s leaving/coming in, Bears again on borderline

Would be another good game between Murphy - Mt Airy. If 'Dogs find a QB they should be very good again.
North Stanly messing that party up this year. Got some transfers & heard the tailback at West Mont is transferring in with an already loaded squad.

Nevermind old dog, wishful thinking on their part. They keep that up they'll be watching playoffs in the stands, not playing.

North Stanly returns 9 starters on defense. The offense is loaded by just saying Cameron Davis. Coach Crisco is putting the work in and developing the kids. Weight room is packed with kids. It’s not just this year but for years to come. Tons of talent coming from middle school
College coaches from D1 D2 D3 NAIA all coming in for spring practice to evaluate the talent. Acc Sec Big 10 all will be represented The buzz in the community is awesome. It has started with a Great administration and athletic Director. They care about the kids and it shows.

Dont see North Stanley beating North Rowan this season. Spoke to numerous of players who stated they definitely did noy take North Stanley serious and boy o boy it shows on film. Should be a good 1, but NR is coming this year

North Rowan will be a great game. Anything can happen when you line 2 teams up. NR has good players and coaches But saying they didn’t take NS serious is hard to believe when it was understood as the conference championship game. I think the conference is much more talented than given credit for. Albe will Be much better This is what’s so great about Friday nights

Nevermind old dog, wishful thinking on their part. They keep that up they'll be watching playoffs in the stands, not playing.
Do know they got West Stanly starting QB from last year. He lit everybody up last year & now he has a squad of skill players to throw to. NS will be nasty and the conference is weak this year.

Dont see North Stanley beating North Rowan this season. Spoke to numerous of players who stated they definitely did noy take North Stanley serious and boy o boy it shows on film. Should be a good 1, but NR is coming this year
Spoke to wrong ones. West Mont & NS smacked NR in the mouth. And WM was after NS had already put a Mike Tyson knockout on them. If NR overlooked then they never woke up from what got put on them.

Spoke to wrong ones. West Mont & NS smacked NR in the mouth. And WM was after NS had already put a Mike Tyson knockout on them. If NR overlooked then they never woke up from what got put on them.
Getting 48 or 50 points dropped on you without breaking 20 points yourself is not overlooking. It's running and hiding.

I still don't know how we got outta there with a win last year. Comets take the kickoff back for a td first play of the game. Murphy coulda folded but didn't. 2 very very good teams throwing some serious offensive punches in that game. I dont want to see the comets again in the playoffs. As mbd said, they should be the favorites in 1AA West.

North Stanly returns 9 starters on defense. The offense is loaded by just saying Cameron Davis. Coach Crisco is putting the work in and developing the kids. Weight room is packed with kids. It’s not just this year but for years to come. Tons of talent coming from middle school
College coaches from D1 D2 D3 NAIA all coming in for spring practice to evaluate the talent. Acc Sec Big 10 all will be represented The buzz in the community is awesome. It has started with a Great administration and athletic Director. They care about the kids and it shows.
Looks like Albemarle finally rubbed off on NS. Just got to win the big one .

Reactions: 4yds-cloud-dust
I still don't know how we got outta there with a win last year. Comets take the kickoff back for a td first play of the game. Murphy coulda folded but didn't. 2 very very good teams throwing some serious offensive punches in that game. I dont want to see the comets again in the playoffs. As mbd said, they should be the favorites in 1AA West.
By looking at the staffs alone it might have been coaching.

Old dog, a coach sending a parent of a player a text trying to get him to come play at NS isn't the right way to do things. Getting our RB is what I called wishful thinking. NS had a good year last year, they did no denying, BUT it's not like they have arrived. Pretty sure that was the first time in decades they beat WM. And to our defense, we did have a new HC and scheme. Now when y'all can play with Montgomery Central I'll give u my props.

Old dog, a coach sending a parent of a player a text trying to get him to come play at NS isn't the right way to do things. Getting our RB is what I called wishful thinking. NS had a good year last year, they did no denying, BUT it's not like they have arrived. Pretty sure that was the first time in decades they beat WM. And to our defense, we did have a new HC and scheme. Now when y'all can play with Montgomery Central I'll give u my props.[/QUOTE
Talking about Montgomery Central? When has that become a topic? Will the school be 3A at point? How many years is that from now? Why aren't we talking West Mont in year 2 of their new HC & scheme?

Reactions: Old-A-Dog
Is Gray Stone still talking about starting football? Would love for some of these Charters to start playing. Uwharrie Charter can be obnoxious, I know the kids would love diesel them on the gridiron. Maybe we can have them come over and lend them some pads for a friendly conference scrimmage this fall.

Reactions: Old-A-Dog
Old dog, a coach sending a parent of a player a text trying to get him to come play at NS isn't the right way to do things. Getting our RB is what I called wishful thinking. NS had a good year last year, they did no denying, BUT it's not like they have arrived. Pretty sure that was the first time in decades they beat WM. And to our defense, we did have a new HC and scheme. Now when y'all can play with Montgomery Central I'll give u my props.
Don't know what covert actions you are speaking of. Word in the weeds was what I was saying. Something must be going on to make people talk. I don't have a "dog" in the fight.

QEA in Winston is fielding a football team this year. What 1a conference would they be in

You better not sleep on them granite bears, new coach has all the skill back from last years state runner up, replacement at qb will be interesting. Instant highlight reel added on offense and will help fill a gap in the secondary. You will be hearing his name alot on wsyd this year and next. Bears have more than enuff to play in the ship again. Gonna be another great year of football in the granite city for sure.

Reactions: Bearfan71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT