ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Who Are the Favorites in Baseball Playoffs? All Classifications

thekidd12

Feb 17, 2015
C'mon people participate.

Favorites, dark horses, hometown biases.

List them please.

Warriors all the way. The fighting John Spells have this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1A: Fav: Cherryville and Whiteville
Dark Horse: Perquimans/Voyager/East Surry

2A: Fav: South Granville and Forbush
Dark Horse: John Holmes/East Rutherford/North Johnston

3A: Fav: Northern Guilford and Ledford
Dark Horse: Corinth Holders/Marvin Ridge/Terry Sanford

4A: Fav: JH Rose/New Hanover and TC Roberson
Dark Horse: Pinecrest/Hoggard/Ardrey Kell/SW Guilford

In 2A, I think Eagles/Trojans listed all favorites in his dark horse column...East Rutherford is defending state champ with two star hitters back, Holmes is defending regional runner up with all but one starter back, and North Johnston was #1 seed last year but got upset in first round, brought back about everybody presumably even hungrier.....three more I'll throw out that I expect to see making some noise are St. Pauls, Randleman, and Midway, all of whom have a very good chance to make a great playoff run...St Pauls surprised some people last year going to 3rd Rd coming off a year where they didn't win a game, this year I expect them to get at least that far, Randleman was state runner up two years ago but haven't heard much talk about them this year...of course maddox hasn't been active on the board, and while they lost the two D1 hitters from last year's team that lost in 4th round, they still have all of their pitching back and you know they have some gritty hitters, Midway had a great recent run of state finalist, state champ, regional finalist, then lost in 2nd Rd last year with very young team, that team showed lots of promise late last season and has everybody back, with more young pitchers, in the West bracket, I know Smoky Mountain and Maiden have one dominant pitcher, but they seem to struggle when other pitchers throw, curious how good teams like West Davidson, Mount Pleasant, West Stanly, Bunker Hill, and Parkwood are....also Lake Norman Charter....haven't seen any play, just can't seem to get a read on how good they really are from watching scores...seems like every time you think you have them figured out, they'll lose (or play a really close game and squeak out a win) one unexpectedly....of course in a way that's everybody, it is baseball, in high school

Thanks guys that's more like it.

I realize it's a long shot but who is the only 2A team to beat Randleman this year thus far?

In 2A, I think Eagles/Trojans listed all favorites in his dark horse column...East Rutherford is defending state champ with two star hitters back, Holmes is defending regional runner up with all but one starter back, and North Johnston was #1 seed last year but got upset in first round, brought back about everybody presumably even hungrier.....three more I'll throw out that I expect to see making some noise are St. Pauls, Randleman, and Midway, all of whom have a very good chance to make a great playoff run...St Pauls surprised some people last year going to 3rd Rd coming off a year where they didn't win a game, this year I expect them to get at least that far, Randleman was state runner up two years ago but haven't heard much talk about them this year...of course maddox hasn't been active on the board, and while they lost the two D1 hitters from last year's team that lost in 4th round, they still have all of their pitching back and you know they have some gritty hitters, Midway had a great recent run of state finalist, state champ, regional finalist, then lost in 2nd Rd last year with very young team, that team showed lots of promise late last season and has everybody back, with more young pitchers, in the West bracket, I know Smoky Mountain and Maiden have one dominant pitcher, but they seem to struggle when other pitchers throw, curious how good teams like West Davidson, Mount Pleasant, West Stanly, Bunker Hill, and Parkwood are....also Lake Norman Charter....haven't seen any play, just can't seem to get a read on how good they really are from watching scores...seems like every time you think you have them figured out, they'll lose (or play a really close game and squeak out a win) one unexpectedly....of course in a way that's everybody, it is baseball, in high school
If you want to talk 2A which region looks to be the toughest?

To me it is obvious the east is LOADED.

East is loaded but winning regional means nothing if whoever comes out of the east can't beat whoever comes out of the west....we know from watching every sport at every level that they don't give out championship trophies for being the best team or being the best team in the toughest conference or region or part of the bracket, but you have to show up and execute and be the best team on the field that day

That's why I love baseball. Everybody has a shot on any given day.

But the east is loaded...

I thought West Montgomery was very impressive against West Columbus. Good at bats 1-9 and played solid and sometimes spectacular defense.

It appears that many of the 1A teams are inconsistent. Look like All-State one game and nowhere close the next. Appears some new teams to be heard from in the 1A West.

Does anyone have a final for N Stanly - N Stokes? Or for Whiteville - Bear Grass?

Does anyone have a final for N Stanly - N Stokes? Or for Whiteville - Bear Grass?

N. Stanley- N. stokes could well still be playing if they got to play, some real bad storms rolled through the whole area around 4:30.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT