ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Who’s who among baseball teams

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
What teams will be the top performers of the 1A-4A. Who will be the top teams to have a chance to win it all.

I’m not sure what South Rowan will have come after the State Championship game from last year. But I’m sure they are losing some valuable players. Usually Rowan County has some good teams but we see what happens. What team was it that had that good batter from last season who set records? I was thinking East Lincoln or someone over in that area.
Ok I look back it was East Lincoln who had Garret Michel that hit most home runs. Anyone know if he is returning. What will East Lincoln have?

Last edited:
I’m not sure what South Rowan will have come after the State Championship game from last year. But I’m sure they are losing some valuable players. Usually Rowan County has some good teams but we see what happens. What team was it that had that good batter from last season who set records? I was thinking East Lincoln or someone over in that area.
Ok I look back it was East Lincoln who had Garret Michel that hit most home runs. Anyone know if he is returning. What will East Lincoln have?
No he is a freshman at VT… I do believe though they have several other starters from last years team returning

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I think I know the team you’re talking about but I don’t know story behind it.

#feederprogram
Funny how the Kidd was telling me on another thread that Randleman has several kids from my county but the only school I have heard complaining about losing a kid is southern guilford who lost there ace to your bulldogs. Didn’t yal have the best baseball season in years last year? Don’t tell me it was homegrown talent.

With South Rowan coming back this year, one of the key players coming back will be Haiden Leffew. DH, LHP, Of. Wake Forrest commit. One of the key players they lost from last year is Ty Hubbard. Who went to Catawba Co. to my understanding.

Looking at East Rowan for this season coming up. They lost Cameron Padgett who is at UNC, one of the best pitchers for ER. But they will have two key players coming in as Sr. One is the younger brother Morgan Padgett, 1B, P, C. The other is Chance Mako, P, 1B, who is N.C. State committed. I look for East Rowan and South Rowan to have another successful season.

Reactions: nwguilford007
In the 1A classification Cherryville should be one of the favorites. They have all their starters back including their front line pitching from the team that lost to Perquimans in the deciding third game of last year's state championship.

Funny how the Kidd was telling me on another thread that Randleman has several kids from my county but the only school I have heard complaining about losing a kid is southern guilford who lost there ace to your bulldogs. Didn’t yal have the best baseball season in years last year? Don’t tell me it was homegrown talent.
Funny how you always taking up for orange/blue by casting aspersions on other schools…
Are you really from Guilford or Tiger in disguise?
Trinity has shown steady improvement since hiring current head baseball coach. Seems like he does things to help his athletes better themselves.

Funny how you always taking up for orange/blue by casting aspersions on other schools…
Are you really from Guilford or Tiger in disguise?
Trinity has shown steady improvement since hiring current head baseball coach. Seems like he does things to help his athletes better themselves.
Mr Kidd Idk that I would make it in Randolph County, although sometimes as things continue to change up here I might be better off. After talking with you though if I ever were to make that move id probably avoid the eastern part of the county lol. I will try to do better about defending the Orange/Blue team since it seems to keep you up at night. I am sure the coach at Trinity does a great job helping his athletes better themselves. All I am saying is just take note that its been over 24 hours since Mr. tie wearing coach has came on and denied benefiting from an extra pitcher...

Mr Kidd Idk that I would make it in Randolph County, although sometimes as things continue to change up here I might be better off. After talking with you though if I ever were to make that move id probably avoid the eastern part of the county lol. I will try to do better about defending the Orange/Blue team since it seems to keep you up at night. I am sure the coach at Trinity does a great job helping his athletes better themselves. All I am saying is just take note that its been over 24 hours since Mr. tie wearing coach has came on and denied benefiting from an extra pitcher...
Oh we like almost everybody around here. As a matter of fact people often comment on how friendly and cordial the eastern part of Randolph folks are…
Just don’t find many that have great love for the HS in the northwest…

Just curious, what does everyone know about continued drop in JV teams at the HS level? I know last year was a drop, just curious if the trend continues.
I think its partially that kids are lazy and just dont play sports as much anymore...Also, with baseball it is an expensive sport. equipment, lessons etc. makes it hard for all kids to participate. Certain schools like mine (NW Guilford) will never have a issue with fielding a JV team considering our school enrollment is around 2300 and it is located in one of the "high rent" districts of Greensboro. But I definitley could see how a 1a or 2a school could have difficulty fielding a jv team and this is sad to see

I think its partially that kids are lazy and just dont play sports as much anymore...Also, with baseball it is an expensive sport. equipment, lessons etc. makes it hard for all kids to participate. Certain schools like mine (NW Guilford) will never have a issue with fielding a JV team considering our school enrollment is around 2300 and it is located in one of the "high rent" districts of Greensboro. But I definitley could see how a 1a or 2a school could have difficulty fielding a jv team and this is sad to see
Well last time I checked, it cost nothing to play HS baseball. I know of at least 2, 4A high schools, not fielding JV teams. I know 1, 2A high school, last year that didn’t even fill a varsity team. (Not sure if they will have one this year) All these in large Triad area. But yes lessons and equipment can be expensive and yes some do not want to put in the work for the reward.

Reactions: thekidd12
I think some kids don't see the benefit of playing JV or think they are above JV and would rather play travel baseball and then try to make the varsity club when they think they are ready. This is only a guess.
I think you are more than right. Also, most have never set on a bench or faced the possibility of being cut. Parents have made sure they were on a team he would play.

Eagles, do you see many skipping JV and coming out as an upper class man and trying out? I am old school, probably would not look to highly on that.

Oh we like almost everybody around here. As a matter of fact people often comment on how friendly and cordial the eastern part of Randolph folks are…
Just don’t find many that have great love for the HS in the northwest…
i have always been greeted cordially on my visits to Eastern Randolph. Even had few wait with us till about midnight one Legion season when our bus broke down.

• Love
Just curious, what does everyone know about continued drop in JV teams at the HS level? I know last year was a drop, just curious if the trend continues.
I’m not sure about all the other schools, but I know with South Rowan JVs from last season went 17-3 (11-0) according to Max Prep. Max Prep didn’t show how many players on the roster. It was blank. But apparently some these schools that have good varsity teams seem to have good JVs. I’m curious also to see how the rising players from the JVs will perform on varsity level for South Rowan.

Last edited:
Well last time I checked, it cost nothing to play HS baseball. I know of at least 2, 4A high schools, not fielding JV teams. I know 1, 2A high school, last year that didn’t even fill a varsity team. (Not sure if they will have one this year) All these in large Triad area. But yes lessons and equipment can be expensive and yes some do not want to put in the work for the reward.
well it does cost money to play baseball at the youth level and if kids are not exposed to this sport at a young age there wil be a trickle down affect. The rec leagues do not cost much but in todays time if you wanna be good your gonna most likely have to pay to play travel ball and go all over the state. Also with kids being specilized in other sports probably hurts numbers as well.

What 4a high school are you referring to?

I think you are more than right. Also, most have never set on a bench or faced the possibility of being cut. Parents have made sure they were on a team he would play.

Eagles, do you see many skipping JV and coming out as an upper class man and trying out? I am old school, probably would not look to highly on that.
In my 8 years, we haven't had a contributor or role player help us and not play JV. We've had some freshman play varsity from the beginning because either their skill set was that high or out of necessity but NEVER skip JV and have any role on varsity after.

In 3A don't leave out South Brunswick the 3A runner-up last year. The have Walter Jenkins and company coming back. I look for them to win the 3A Championship this year hands down.

Hon...I think East Rowan, Rose and Ledford are going to have a lot to say about that 3A State Championship.
I agree to disagree. I was at the 3A Championship and was impressed with Jenkins and company. They have most coming back. The East bracket will be tough as usual! Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

I know pre season rankings dont mean much but impact baseball has my vikings ranked number 6th in 4a. Looking forward to a good year. We should see where we stand early opening up against the pre seasnon #2 east Forsyth

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT