ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville speed

Thunder.Head

Aug 30, 2014
Swain drives 5 hours without their best player and runs Whiteville off their own field, all in a 'rebuilding' year.

Gracious I got tired of hear about 'speed' all week, great win Maroon Devils.

I heard Whiteville's Radio team say they've not seen that type of quickness on the LOS this year. Thank Goodness their coach went to the air and not keep feeding the ball to Manning. We've got a solid pass defense this year.

It was still a GREAT game! Swain's Veer made them put nine men in the box and then a couple of deep balls and now what do you do. Good win for the YOUNG Devils....

This post was edited on 11/28 9:53 PM by KevinFromSwain

Where was it. Thought Swain didn't have enough team speed to even be on the field.

No doubt your discipline and positioning on D negated any speed advantage we may have had but it wasn't much. Very proud of our team, though we had a great season.

The SMC teams will hear this SPEED stuff again next year. There is always someone like this cats that think they are going run by us while we are kissing our cousins. Way to go. I think Swain can go to State this year.

BK I agree. I thin if we play like we did last night we definitely have a chance to make it to the big game. I would say last night was the first time all season we have played that well overall. I don't think we could have picked a better time of year to do it. Heck, we might as well keep this thing rolling right? Congrats Devils on a huge win!

I think Swain will be the favorite this week even on the road. The 1AA game will be on Friday night at NC State. I plan on getting a room so I should be at the Swain game. Man I hope McCoy is back.

We will need all hands on deck thats for sure, but not sure that is in the cards. I love how the boys rallied together last night and really buckled down. I know they missed their leader though. At this point in the season, anything can happen and we just need to trust our coaches and their scheme and execute and give ourselves a chance.

Back to the point of this thread though. It is always funny to me when all these guys are talking up the speed thing and the athlete thing, year in and year out and then after the fact they are no where to be seen. At least one guy showed up but he still couldn't really give credit where credit was due or admit the mythical speed difference was just that, mythical.

gal, don't know what else I am supposed to say-------I may have been in the minority but I don't you think you will find a post where I did any chest beating about Whiteville's speed being an advantage, Manning yes, overall team speed no. Tell me how else I should give credit............I'm all ears.

Originally posted by loveboat3:
gal, don't know what else I am supposed to say-------I may have been in the minority but I don't you think you will find a post where I did any chest beating about Whiteville's speed being an advantage, Manning yes, overall team speed no. Tell me how else I should give credit............I'm all ears.
+1

Not you at all loveboat. I was referring to the other thread where several guys said we have no idea what was coming, never seen speed and weapons of that caliber, etc. Now none of them are anywhere to be seen. Don't be so touchy. It's all good.

Well they can't say I didn't warn them gal. Best of luck the rest of the way! Getting in my last few posts of the year. How depressing....

.............I guess I could go into a tirade a la Jack Nicholson, in The Departed---------"In this country etc, etc", but since you are from Tennessee, I will leave it alone.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
I think Swain will be the favorite this week even on the road. The 1AA game will be on Friday night at NC State. I plan on getting a room so I should be at the Swain game. Man I hope McCoy is back.
BK, we like Swain being the underdog. It's been working very well so far. Don't mess it up by maybe letting a few peeps think otherwise.

First of all, congratulations to Swain. Great Win. All this speed stuff started with a W. Montgomery posting, not a Pack backer. Yes we have speed, but that doesnt guarantee you are the better team or that the other team does not have any. Manning in not the fastest back in NC. No one has posted that, Carr the QB is probably as fast as most. Swain won because they played great, made fewer mistakes and got a couple breaks. If these two teams played again Friday nite it would still be a great game. Manning had 160 plus yds in the 1st half, not from just speed, but tough running against a very good defense. Would like to hear what Swain poster thought about him. I personally will be pulling for Swain to win the title this year, even against an Eastern team. I honestly believe we could meet again next year when we could have probably 5 or 6 sophmores starting. Good Luck Swain. I am ready for some Baseball now.

Huntman,

From everything I was told he was an amzing back and you guys had a very explosive team. Nothing but respect for the wolfpack and their community. Hopefully we will have another rematch with you guys next year but you guys can make the trip up here and visit our community this time. Good luck in baseball. I am sure you guys will be very good.

gotoblueg

Post #267

Re: Swain @ Whiteville Reply
Mayor,Swain can't play with Pack. To much speed,stretchable them. These guys from West look at the
regular season and see all the blowouts pack had and think they haven't played anyone. Ask coaches from EM
And coach from Mitchell last night. Pack can have penalty and still come out on top. Now if pack was in
East,they would have more of challenge. WRH,Princeton,
Tarborro,James Kenan I believe would give a better game
But I could be wrong just MO. I will predict A WHITEVILLEVS WRH game for State title.

I think this is the post that brought all this on.

Lesson learned again and again.

Loveboat, total class act group and welcoming. Had the pleasure in meeting a chatting with servile of the Wolfpack fans.

We have some speed, but don't expect most of the mountain teams to win any track meets. Speed helps you get to the edge quick, but if the slower guy has the angle, he'll have the upper hand.

I did let my judgement of pack speed get in the way. You
You have a great team and even better coach. Two turn
overs in 2 half u won. U probably win State now. Swain
has my utmost respect. Good luck Swain.

I think it will be hard for swain to win state but i do think they will make it to state. Also I would not be shocked if Swain won another title. Hope they do.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
I think it will be hard for swain to win state but i do think they will make it to state. Also I would not be shocked if Swain won another title. Hope they do.
BK, do uns think you have a good shot at winning state this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT