ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville at North Wilks

Strick68

Aug 20, 2009
I don't know anything about them. They have a pretty good record at 8 and 3. Who did they lose to? What conference did they play in and what kind of offence and defense do they run? Are they big and have good skill players? I think it could be a good game.

Lost to Wilkes Central (9-2), East Wilkes (9-2), and Starmount (6-5). They have huge offensive and defensive lines. They have a powerful rb with 2000+ yds, that avg 40 carries a game literally. You will need to put them away early. They definitely will not beat you with speed, but they are a fairly strong team.

Pack will be fine in this game,to much speed for Wills. Mountain Heritage is another story.

Strick,what team do you think this years pack is most like in past? Would you say year Poison those played on with speed?

It is hard to say because of the type of offence we run. WE haven't had a QB like Ty Moss who can run and pass. I cant think of a team with the kind of speed we have. Our backs and all of our skill players have speed to burn.

Yes I came up to MH when Starmount played the Cougars in basketball. MH had John Cannon at center and beat my Rams in the playoffs. Our PG on that team Dillon Dobson is with the San Jose Giants baseball team currently.

NW does have a big O line and they will hand the ball off to Grimes 30+ times a game. He is a good lil running back for the conference and area they play in.

The Wolfpack will take this run a game at a time, but they may surprise some people ask the crowd at SC about that.

Reactions: buck71
Dana you ever been to Burnsville where MH is
Dana you ever been to Burnsville where MH is?
The Wolfpack will take this run a game at a time, but they may surprise some people ask the crowd at SC about that.

I agree . One at a time. Mountain Heritage should not even be in the conversation. North Wilkes is 8-3. Very respectable! Know a lot of folks from Wilkes county. We may be a better team on paper, but you are going to have to prove it. We need to prepare as we did last week, take care of business early. Let them hang around you got a mess! IMO!

North Wilkes is a run heavy team. They got a RB in Grimes who gets it a ton and they run their QB to death too; they love to do a bootleg run. Their line has size too. On the downside they are very low in terms of #'s and their defense isn't very good. That's always been their weakness since the HC got there; he tends to focus more on offense. They got banged up the last few weeks and are starting JV kids. Elkin almost come from behind to beat them; Elkin passed it non stop and NW couldn't handle it.

If Whiteville comes ready to hit it'll be over by halftime because NW cannot handle their speed. If Whiteville comes soft then NW will be stubborn and will make a game out it.

This game shouldn’t be close. But Chipman has done a great job in the past of getting an underdog to play hard and come away with the upset (East Wilkes over East Surry 2009). North Wilkes will not give up and it will be a fight until the final whistle.

If they can’t handle the pass... it’ll be over before the 2nd quarter

I agree . One at a time. Mountain Heritage should not even be in the conversation. North Wilkes is 8-3. Very respectable! Know a lot of folks from Wilkes county. We may be a better team on paper, but you are going to have to prove it. We need to prepare as we did last week, take care of business early. Let them hang around you got a mess! IMO!

This game will be over when north Wilkes gets off the bus. If you don't win by at least 28 mtn heritage will eat you up.

The Pack's focus will be the team will be playing Friday. Our D will be prepared to stuff their running back and our O will be prepared to run and pass the ball with what the N Wilkes D give us. Our coaching staff is well versed in game preparation and I am confident we will have a very good game plan. This team seems to be peaking at just the right time.

Last edited:
Grimes is one of, if not the best, football player to ever put on the North Wilkes jersey. Over 6300 career rushing yards. 25 straight 100 yard games, 16 total 200 yard games, almost 1100 carries for his career (which puts him top 3 in state history). He is a great football player. He will definitely be missed in Hays.

With no safety just a question but why not post pattern with number 10 in one on one coverage with a 5’8”DB on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT