ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville! 2a contender?

I think JP will have a contender immediately. Hope so,anyway!
No doubt JP will imo do a great job. But realistically has some very big holes to fill. Look for them to get better as the season progresses , but contender? Conference, yes. Beyond that, BIG???????????

Whiteville has been solid year in and out the last few years with JP and Joey helping out they could very well take it to another level

When I asked, contender for what, I was referring to Wpack1990 saying they were contenders last year. In my opinion they were not real contenders for a title last year.
As for as this year I have no idea. I don't know anything about their team yet. I do know they hit a homerun hiring JP. I think he will do a great job and I hope they win every game until they play the dogs.

When I asked, contender for what, I was referring to Wpack1990 saying they were contenders last year. In my opinion they were not real contenders for a title last year.
As for as this year I have no idea. I don't know anything about their team yet. I do know they hit a homerun hiring JP. I think he will do a great job and I hope they win every game until they play the dogs.
I agree.

Whiteville was very much a contender was they a favorite... no but they could score with anyone

Not my coach .... I’m a South Columbus alumni ... but whiteville was a contender I know you wrh guys think you’re gods gift to football but you don’t know it all

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Our team is one of the best in state. It's fun being a BULLDOG. And I've been correct when judging your conference teams. Truth hurts. Whiteville is back . Been a while

I will admit WRH was a good second place team in their conference. Their conference very good at 1&2 not so much after that.

Top 3 in the ECC are pretty solid....Clinton may not have been Clinton from the past couple seasons but 3 of the 6 loses were by less than a TD(Cape Fear,NS-Jax,and Wallace) were all winnable games against some pretty good competition

Just because your team is good doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about lol ....and again whiteville isn’t my team matter fact they’re my least favorite... but I can call it like it is ... they was a contender last year with that offense they had .... like I said not a favorite but a contender

Just because your team is good doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about lol ....and again whiteville isn’t my team matter fact they’re my least favorite... but I can call it like it is ... they was a contender last year with that offense they had .... like I said not a favorite but a contender
I sure feel very confident after watching championship calleber team for 4 years straight. I could tell SC and EB wasn't there yet,and it proved to be true.

Good chance Whiteville goes undefeated this year by looking at schedule
Returning 17 of the 22 starters from last seasons 11 win team. Weak conference with only two teams in their way being South Columbus and East Bladen. East Bladen lost a lot from last years team and so did South. Plus South cant adjust to the pass so Whiteville can score at will. Just look at what they did last year to them. Playoffs may be different story though. Western teams have been tough for the pack to get by. More fundamentally sound than us. But with them having to come to Legion Stadium and the Price's on the sideline who knows

never understood why NCHSAA always sends Whiteville to the west....2014 I believe yall had a really good team 1AA with that RB Manning that could of possibly competed for the East with Wallace....instead yall got sent West ended losing a tough one to Swain County...that was a pretty solid team gave Clinton a really good game until Skinner broke off a long TD run late

Reactions: dogs79
Whiteville was a different team last year after making a change at QB, and I was real impressed with him in the playoff game against Mountain Heritage last year, and that game was great to watch from a fans' perspective....With most of the starters back, Whiteville may be better than they were last year, and they were pretty doggone good at the end of last season which should give the Wolfpack a big boost heading into this season....Be interesting to see how the coaching change will impact the Whiteville football program....Little did a great job rebuilding the program in his short stint there.....

Reactions: dogs79
I always thought it was weird that Whiteville has played in the West recently. Then I looked at a map and plotted the Schools out by location. There were indeed enough teams located further east to justify their placement. Still... helluva long way to Swain County!

I always thought it was weird that Whiteville has played in the West recently. Then I looked at a map and plotted the Schools out by location. There were indeed enough teams located further east to justify their placement. Still... helluva long way to Swain County!

Swain traveled to Legion Stadium for that game....but yes still long either way....I seen some times where Sampson county teams had to travel out that way...Hobbton had to travel out to Murphy for the Western title game one year and a couple times I seen Union have to play Cherokee...they would leave the day before the game

Reactions: PrepFanNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT