ADVERTISEMENT

2A Wheatmore @ Mountain Heritage

coachtyson93

Jan 18, 2016
last season Wheatmore played Mountain Heritage in the 1st round and won. It was a very physical game. To me this should be a 3rd or 4th round game. I believe that Wheatmore should’ve been a higher seed, but what do I know. This is a game that will be interesting to smailar teams. I still believe Gavin Rains will be the X factor. Mountain Heritage has a 6’9 kid but Rains is very polished. Heritage has two good guards and a 10th great that is going to be great. I think Wheatmore sneaks by Mountain Heritage by two and shocks the world. What do y’all think!

Heritage is really good. They start three sophomores, a junior, and a senior. Sophomore Calvin Randolph hit 11 threes in a game earlier this year. Aumiller is a junior who is explosive and athletic. Jenkins is a 6’3 sophomore guard/small forward who can make plays as well. Shelton is sophomore who is 6’9 and plays hard. Any of those guys can go for 25+ on any given night depending on what the defense is giving them. I thought next year would be the year they make a run but apparently they’re good enough this year to turn some heads.

Heritage is really good. They start three sophomores, a junior, and a senior. Sophomore Calvin Randolph hit 11 threes in a game earlier this year. Aumiller is a junior who is explosive and athletic. Jenkins is a 6’3 sophomore guard/small forward who can make plays as well. Shelton is sophomore who is 6’9 and plays hard. Any of those guys can go for 25+ on any given night depending on what the defense is giving them. I thought next year would be the year they make a run but apparently they’re good enough this year to turn some heads.
If MH has that kind of size, I'd be surprised if Wheatmore wins. Rains is really good, but his length made the difference against Thomasville. Neutralize him and it's not a game.

Shelton is their tallest at 6’9, Jenkins at 6’3, Aumiller 6’2, and Randolph at 5’10. They start a senior who is also about 6’2 I believe.

We will see. Tough game for the Wheatmore. I think whoever gets out of this round should have a pretty open path

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT