ADVERTISEMENT

WHC Projection (The return of parity)

AHVikingNation

Feb 25, 2016
Newland, NC
Post your predictions (wild or not) here...

I'll start off by saying, I believe anybody will be able to beat anybody else on any given night (with the exception of Madison).

My crazy prediction is that Avery will beat Mitchell or Mountain Heritage, maybe both.

Post your predictions (wild or not) here...

I'll start off by saying, I believe anybody will be able to beat anybody else on any given night (with the exception of Madison).

My crazy prediction is that Avery will beat Mitchell or Mountain Heritage, maybe both.
Better be careful what you wish for lol. I could see avery beating mitchell next year.

I have high hopes for the vikings in the future, but they will not be beating mitchell or mountain heritage this year. they could finish 3rd in the conference which is a huge jump up.

Can Avery fans count to two? Cause that’s about how much time qb will have time to throw the ball against Mitchell, heritage or Polk. That may be all he needs but it’ll be hard to sustain over a whole game. Polk maybe the dark horse to win the whole conference this year. Avery next year will be back in the hunt. Good to finally talk about Avery contending life’s better when that games important for both teams.

Hendersonville QB took a beating tonight and he has weapons all over the field. Forced 2 fumbles on him and 2 picks. I believe 6 turnovers in all. QB is tough as he finished the game. Doubt they had 2 200 yards. Maybe less than 150. If Cougars DBs play like tonight they gonna be tough to beat in conference because running is out the door. RBs wanted no more by 4th quarter.

Honestly don't see no one beating heritage in western highlands, hendo fan told me best defense he has seen in long time.

Some of those kids just flat out mean. If you get held up by a defender you better just lay your rear down cause they 3 or 4 coming for kill shot. Line does their job and occupies blockers and the LBs come like a freight train. Give it to Hendo they tough kids cause they took major shots. The one hit on QB the ball went about 20 feet straight up in the air.

I don’t think anyone has had more impressive start than Mitchell lord they crushed everyone
Yeah, but the competition has been less than stellar. Heritage has been building steam against much better competition, and Polk has only allowed 2 td's thus far. I think Avery can be good, but they can't seem to put two games in a row together. Owen is much improved, but right now they are still average, beat some bad teams, lost to good teams. I really don't see them upsetting anyone.

Yeah Avery and Owen should be a battle. 2 different styles of play and one has to win out. I would probably give Owen the edge in defense and Avery the edge in offense, but Owen has played the tougher schedule so they should be ready for this one.

Mitchell tried to schedule a really tough team in Franklin and they’re just down this year. We will know who we are when we play conference teams.

Heritage is playing a good schedule this year. Erwin was only Team with a losing record at the time we played them. Currently though I believe Stuart Cramer dropped to 2-3 after the loss to south Point last night. Franklin is really down this year but who would have expected that. Normally very tough to get a win there for anyone. Also McDowell did not even show up. I hate to say this but a game with Madison might be a close score but I do think that #5 for McDowell would end up being too much for Madison to stop. Owen has played a tough schedule. I’ve not even checked on the Polk opponents records but I know a couple of them were not very good at all. The others may be legit. All the teams have been doing well early but in a couple weeks all will start to clear up as we get into conference play.

84 the sad thing for Mitchell is that McDowell used to be a tough game. I don’t know how a school that big got to stinking that bad

84 the sad thing for Mitchell is that McDowell used to be a tough game. I don’t know how a school that big got to stinking that bad
I would definitely agree. I used to go watch the Mitchell McDowell games in 80s and 90s and it was a battle

McDowell still has a winning record vs Mitchell. The culture is toxic for football right now and I'm not sure Coach Brewer is the right fit at all. The best player on the team transferred to Owen 4 days before the season started and has played well for them. (DeQuan Boyce) RB and plays Defensive back too. Also ever hear of Jaylen Birchfield? He was born in McDowell and left to play in Burke when he was younger. Now a D1 commit. Kids dont want to play for the titans so they are leaving the county when they get the chance.

Titanman you should be able to walk down the halls at McDowell pick up 11 dudes and beat most western nc teams

Titanman you should be able to walk down the halls at McDowell pick up 11 dudes and beat most western nc teams

No one wants to play football, it's almost become a joke and a disservice to the kids who do play.

No one wants to play football, it's almost become a joke and a disservice to the kids who do play.
Used to be the same way at Mountain Heritage. You have to have the right coach to chance the culture.I would almost guarantee McDowell has the athletes to build a strong program.

I guess next week we get to find out where Polk really stands. So far this year we have played some very good football but the competition has not been top notch but we have beat them very bad. The north Gaston was the lowest points that we scored and they were not a terrible team nor was RS. Rs is a pretty good team but they couldn’t get out of their own way tho with fumbles and penalties. After next Friday I believe we will know a lot more about our team. But man them wolverines sure looking like a well oiled machine as of today :) we have out scored 4 teams 159-12

Last edited:
Used to be the same way at Mountain Heritage. You have to have the right coach to chance the culture.I would almost guarantee McDowell has the athletes to build a strong program.
And Joey didn't find success right away. It took years for the county to buy into his system, but yancey stuck with him and it's paying off. Brewer is very good with x's and o's, and is good with teenagers. He is a coach with a defensive mindset, and really, that is what is needed at McDowell. If McDowell will give him time, he will have them competing, at least locally.

Reactions: Mavrick69
I guess next week we get to find out where Polk really stands. So far this year we have played some very good football but the competition has not been top notch but we have beat them very bad. The north Gaston was the lowest points that we scored and they were not a terrible team nor was RS. Rs is a pretty good team but they couldn’t get out of their own way tho with fumbles and penalties. After next Friday I believe we will know a lot more about our team. But man them wolverines sure looking like a well oiled machine as of today :) we have out scored 4 teams 159-12
Yes next week will be a good benchmark for Polk. I think your style of play will give you a good chance in this game especially at home. Especially if you defend the pass well. North Gaston May definitely have been your best win. RS is not very good this year as you well know.

Polk seems to be continuing the great playoff run from last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whc ends up in another 3 way tie

I will say I’m glad we have Mitchell and Polk at Home this year and maybe Owen as well. Would be a tough year to win on the road.

Mitchell gets all 3 on the road. Ollis the only coach with winning record vs Joey? Left in whc

Mitchell gets all 3 on the road. Ollis the only coach with winning record vs Joey? Left in whc

But if we could get to the final game of season with an unblemished record and playing Polk at home for all the marbles, I think we would be hard to handle.

Really guys who has polk beat. Heritage defense will be nightmare for polk. My opinion mitchell is 2nd best team in conf.

Really guys who has polk beat. Heritage defense will be nightmare for polk. My opinion mitchell is 2nd best team in conf.
Polk hasn't beat a quality team, but they have been dominating. If they had won all their games by a close margin, maybe your snide remark would hold a little merit, but they have been rolling along. Polk isn't a ridiculously talented team. They aren't flashy, they are just playing good, fundamentally sound football. They play with guts, and guts is enough. Polk will challenge Mitchell and Mountain Heritage, and possibly beat one, or both. Polk is loosely in 3rd place right now for the conference race, while Owen, Avery, and Madsion are firmly in 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Reactions: Mopar forever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT