ADVERTISEMENT

What Coach Did you look up to?

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
I have been around HS athletics since 2010, I have been blessed to meet and get to know some of the best HS Coaches in State of N.C. , Here are some of the coaches I looked up to and Admired n Respected!

1. Hal Capps ; One of the best to come to Iredell co and Mooresville! He did great things in Mooresville on and off the field. He was a great men and had great core values. He is one of my all time favorites

2. Mike Natoli: He was one of the best OC and Former HCs in Iredell co. He is a Players type coach and He has done a Great job at Independence. One of best Offensive minds I have met. He is one I look up to and Always working to better others.

3. The Late great “Coach Scott Young”! He made Rowan co what it is today. He made what West Rowan is and He is one of the smartest coaches I have ever talked to. I valued the time I got to spend with Coach Young before he passed away at a young age. He is forever in my mind the Greatest HC in Rowan co history. He is forever loved and missed.

4. Coach Derrick Minor; He is a lot like another coach mention on this list. He is humbled and a great Christian man. He is one of the hardest working coach I have seen. He has coach at some of the hardest places to coach n Made them better.

5. Mike Carter - While I wasn’t around for his time at Mooresville- He is considered the Best coach ever to come to Mooresville. He lead Mooresville to many deep playoff runs and He was at Mooresville for a long time and did many great thing for that program

Ernie Faw
Larry Deal
Jeff Norman
Danny Crosby
Oron Earnhardt
Bob Boswell
Terry Berryman
Rick Vanhoy

1. Russ Moore Waynesburg High School . He was the first guy to hire me as a coach. Taught me alot about how to build a program and how to work as a coach. I still talk to him to this day.

2. Tommy Norwood Ragsdale High School- Never coached for Coach Norwood but he always would listen and talk football. One of the last Good guy coaches that were left in North Carolina. Always liked talking to coach Norwood. Still have not figured out his fake punt he ran against South Point in 99

3. Russell Stone- again never worked for Coach Stone but came close when he was at West Forsyth. Coached against him when I was an assistant at Tabor, always gracious in victory or defeat. Always great to talk to always up for football conversation always has time for any coach. And if you have ever met Russell Stone he is hard not like great guy with a ton of wins.

4. Donnie Baxter- When I met him he was a county AD and not a coach but when you were a coach you are always a coach. He was one of the first to greet me when I was the HC at SW Randolph. Very supportive and welcoming, great to talk to about sports and life in general.

Russell Stone- again never worked for Coach Stone but came close when he was at West Forsyth. Coached against him when I was an assistant at Tabor, always gracious in victory or defeat. Always great to talk to always up for football conversation always has time for any coach. And if you have ever met Russell Stone he is hard not like great guy with a ton of wins.

I left Stone off because I never played for him, but in terms of a mentor and friend, and someone who’s been important in my life, he’d be close to #1.

Reactions: sammyk
Tom Padjen- TF South HS Lansing, Il
Frank Lentii- Mt Carmel HS

Two legends. Padjen was the HC at South for 40 years.

Ed Emory
Paul Hoggard
Bob Paroli
Fred Davis
Richard Bailey
I have been around HS athletics since 2010, I have been blessed to meet and get to know some of the best HS Coaches in State of N.C. , Here are some of the coaches I looked up to and Admired n Respected!

1. Hal Capps ; One of the best to come to Iredell co and Mooresville! He did great things in Mooresville on and off the field. He was a great men and had great core values. He is one of my all time favorites

2. Mike Natoli: He was one of the best OC and Former HCs in Iredell co. He is a Players type coach and He has done a Great job at Independence. One of best Offensive minds I have met. He is one I look up to and Always working to better others.

3. The Late great “Coach Scott Young”! He made Rowan co what it is today. He made what West Rowan is and He is one of the smartest coaches I have ever talked to. I valued the time I got to spend with Coach Young before he passed away at a young age. He is forever in my mind the Greatest HC in Rowan co history. He is forever loved and missed.

4. Coach Derrick Minor; He is a lot like another coach mention on this list. He is humbled and a great Christian man. He is one of the hardest working coach I have seen. He has coach at some of the hardest places to coach n Made them better.

5. Mike Carter - While I wasn’t around for his time at Mooresville- He is considered the Best coach ever to come to Mooresville. He lead Mooresville to many deep playoff runs and He was at Mooresville for a long time and did many great thing for that program

E. Daryl Allen, Ahoskie/Hertford County: Great Coach and a better man. So proud to have had him Coach me and then have him Coach my youngest son when my son David was in middle school and Coach was assisting his son, Coach Eddie Allen, who was the middle school coach at that time.

Scott Braswell, he gave me my first job, and taught me so many things from X's and O's to everything about building a program. One of the best men I have ever met in my life.

Reactions: sammyk
All good coaches and men.
Delmar Wiles, Dick Thompson - my HS coaches
Jerry Adams
Earl Lingafelt - what a character
Greg Lloyd
Jim Biggerstaff, Phil Tate, Joe Eller - friends and great men
Eric Tippett
Tommy Pruitt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT