ADVERTISEMENT

What can you tell me about Weddington?

GOBIGGREEN2005

Aug 25, 2005
We have never played them before. I know they are 11-1 with a 4 point loss, so obviously they are very good, but what type of offensive and defensive do they run? Do they mostly pass or run? Who do we watch for?

Can't tell you about Weddington this year, but last year they would smack you in the mouth. As far as style, if you've played Asheville, you've played Weddington. They run, run, run and then throw one down the field. I can assure you that their defense will be lights out. They are good at stopping the run. Don't know about their secondary this year. Having already played ya'll this year and knowing your offense, I say spread them out and hit the flats with as many 5 yard passes as you can then smoke them in the middle. Ya'll have the talent and speed to beat Weddington.

I'm pulling for the Rockets in this one.

Spread team 50/50 run vs pass.

Starting Offense : Good blockers. Stay on blocks

LT LG C RG RT
62 54 66 51 65
6 6 5/11 5/11 6
205 255 254 201 225

QB
16 (Back-Up)
Not a polished passer
Downhill Runner

RB-big play threat, runs bigger than stature
34 interchangeable with 35
5/9
WRs
12/14 Outside WR Possession Type Bigger Kids ( good hands and great route runners)
3/1 Slot WRs Like 3 on the Jet Better Athletes with speed ( #1 FAVORITE TARGET)

ALSO
TE/H-Back
5/11
215 Big Physical Blocker
TE
6/1

Defense very physical and fast #42 is a stud. A lot of two way player. Very disciplined and fundamental sound team

Great kicker, makes offense go 80 yards 4 out of 5 times.

Weddington lost to Cuthbertson, how? Cuthbertson WR, who did nothing against Asheville last year, caught 4 long fly patterns for TDs from their Tennessee recruit QB. Asheville dropped an open long pass last year, that could have beaten Weddington.

LB in the middle is awesome. Extremely well coached.

Originally posted by Billy28804:
Weddington lost to Cuthbertson, how? Cuthbertson WR, who did nothing against Asheville last year, caught 4 long fly patterns for TDs from their Tennessee recruit QB
Tenn recruit QB did not play at Cuthbertson last year, was at Charlotte Christian

This post was edited on 11/17 8:26 AM by mbdfan

Nice info 64.

I didn't realize Weddington ran out of the spread. I could have sworn last year the were in the pro set. I must be thinking of another team maybe.

Yeah, that linebacker. I remember him because his name was out of some novels I've read. Jack Ryan was his name and he is a freakin' beast. I hope he's graduated.

Cuthbertson QB last year sucked. Reynolds WR is better than the Cuthbertson WR who got behind Weddington 4 times. That is their weakness on defense. They stuffed Asheville run game last year. What a great matchup Between ACR vs Weddington. If you live nearby go see this game for sure.

Originally posted by AhsCougar1:
So the cuthbertson qb this year went to charlotte Christian last year?
yes, but he's originally from Cuthbertson district

Reynolds WR is better than the Cuthbertson WR
Cuthbertson's stud WR was a freshman last season, he only played 4 games on varisty. He's immensely improved during his sophomore season, he has D1 offers for a reason...

This post was edited on 11/17 12:56 PM by mbdfan

2nd round! Should be a fun one down there this Friday. Hope our kids don't get 'bus lag' from the long trip. From what I've heard their defense is pretty stinkin' good. They fly to the football with bad intentions. The middle backer is a hoss. Getting to the next level on our blocks is going to be crucial for Rico to have a good game. Hope Rocket Nation shows up down there for these kids! Go get 'em boys!

Weddington can be beat. Come out throwing & mix a run in every once in awhile. Front 7 are decent but secondary can be picked apart. Just don't force the throws & they should be fine. On offense, #34 is the main weapon. Bump the WR off the line & they are lost.

Wrong, you bearded freak. Cuthbertson #4 is a Senior. He is the one who caught 4 fly patterns for TDs vs Weddington. He is the same one who did nothing against Asheville last year, whenever he got the ball. A D1 QB makes him look like a superstar this year. ACR has a better receiver than him.

This post was edited on 11/17 10:03 AM by Billy28804

Wrong, you bearded freak. Cuthbertson #4 is a Senior. He is the one who caught 4 fly patterns for TDs vs Weddington. He is the same one who did nothing against Asheville last year, whenever he got the ball. A D1 QB makes him look like a superstar this year. ACR has a better receiver than him.

This post was edited on 11/17 10:03 AM by Billy28804
Calm down man. No need to disrespect mbdfan. He just stated a fact. The guy in his pic is not even him

We aren't talking about last year, we are talking about this year and #4 is NOT their stud reciever, it's sophomore JT Cauthen... and Reynolds does not have a better WR than him.

Originally posted by BD Warrior:

Calm down man. No need to disrespect mbdfan. He just stated a fact. The guy in his pic is not even him
it's fine BD, no need for me to even respond to the insults of someone with such an inferiority complex.

Reread my posts minus the insult. My point was if #4 (who apparently is not the stud WR on Cuthbertson) can look that good against Weddington going deep, ACR might capitalize. Then someone confirmed you should throw against Weddington, as I said running against them was not so easy.

You mean to tell me you guys don't use real names or photos of yourself?

Reread my posts minus the insult. My point was if #4 (who apparently is not the stud WR on Cuthbertson) can look that good against Weddington going deep, ACR might capitalize. Then someone confirmed you should throw against Weddington, as I said running against them was not so easy.

You mean to tell me you guys don't use real names or photos of yourself?
eek.r191677.gif
How many times can you afford to replace whatever device (computer monitor, smartphone, etc) you use to view such photos?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT