ADVERTISEMENT

What are the Biggest 1A Hoop Rivalries?

Xman8balla

Oct 5, 2006
Charlotte NC
These matchups can be some like the Duke vs UNC or Michigan vs Ohio States. In these games records don't matter they are for bragging rights of either city or county. Post yours I would love to hear some matchups and some back ground history behind the matchups.

North stanly and Albemarle is a great rivalry. Actually moved their games this year to pfeiffer university to accommodate more people. Pfeiffer seats 1600 I think. I believe Albemarle boys varsity has dominated and north stanly girls varsity until last year has dominated. Great atmosphere!!!

All 3 games last season came down to the wire. Albemarle went 2-1 vs north last year. North won the conference tournament championship and Albemarle won the conference. On the girls side albemarle swept north stanly and won the conference and conference tournament championship.

Albemarle boys this year are really good. They are 2-0 and beat Mount Pleasant boys tonight 92-30. They ran the clock in the 2nd quarter. At half Albemarle was up 69-22.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT