ADVERTISEMENT

Western Mountain 3A Conference

Have to clean up the Penalties. 15 to be exact. Offense Line and defense of line have to get better to make a run in WMAC. Good game franklin. Good luck rest of the way.
When you go to franklin, you go in knowing you will have over 100 yards in penalties.
I’d like to know every game we’ve played there in this century how many penalty yards we average there

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
i figured acr would be in a dogfight southern durham started qwhat i heard was 12 sophs and 3 freshmen at acr last year . first game after a trip that long was going to be tough. so this year acr heads down the mtn and southern durham has a year of growth under their belt and take it to the rockets. acr gives up a blocked punt for a td and throws a pick 6 while in the redzone not to mention 2 other red zone turnovers.. gong to be a long season and coach laws teams get better each week ( or does the schedule get weaker each week)

i figured acr would be in a dogfight southern durham started qwhat i heard was 12 sophs and 3 freshmen at acr last year . first game after a trip that long was going to be tough. so this year acr heads down the mtn and southern durham has a year of growth under their belt and take it to the rockets. acr gives up a blocked punt for a td and throws a pick 6 while in the redzone not to mention 2 other red zone turnovers.. gong to be a long season and coach laws teams get better each week ( or does the schedule get weaker each week)
Laws knows what he’s doing. Wish he’d leave for a college job

Last year the TB that’s going to ECU didn’t play against us he was injured.

Laws knows what he’s doing. Wish he’d leave for a college job

His daughters just entered ACR as freshmen so I predict he will be there at least 4 more seasons, they are very good soccer players and love ACR soccer and their coach.

AC Reynolds is by far the best high school football program in the mountains. There is no coaching staff that can match theirs either. Look for Erwin and West Henderson to surprise this year in the MAC. North Buncombe will win a few games this year. Order of finish this year: ACR/Asheville/WH/ Erwin/TCR/ Tuscola/NB/Enka/NH.

AC Reynolds is by far the best high school football program in the mountains. There is no coaching staff that can match theirs either. Look for Erwin and West Henderson to surprise this year in the MAC. North Buncombe will win a few games this year. Order of finish this year: ACR/Asheville/WH/ Erwin/TCR/ Tuscola/NB/Enka/NH.

Yeah Erwin won’t finish fourth so forget that.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I’m obviously biased but there are times when you can say we have been the best program in the mountains. It seems like Asheville and reynolds talent goes in waves. The last 10 meetings we are 5-5. Right now today, no question they’re the best program in the mountains. Murphy has quite the argument too

I would switch Erwin and West.

Let’s see how next week goes before I give a prediction on where Erwin will finish. They just have too much talent his year to finish 4th in the conference in my opinion. They still have some improvements to make, but we are big and athletic this season.

Why is Enka so consistently bad? They seem to be solid in most sports but always horrible at FB. When's the last time Enka had a winning season?

If a good coach and staff went into Enka and worked very hard they could win 4-5 games per year and compete better than they do in the MAC. They do not have the athletes to be the top tier in that conference BUT they could do much better than they do.

Why is Enka so consistently bad? They seem to be solid in most sports but always horrible at FB. When's the last time Enka had a winning season?

Bad football culture. The crazy thing about Enka is they usually have great fan support and plenty of kids who show up to play, they just can't piece it together. Everyone thought Manny Matsakis would be the answer with his pedigree. It never transpired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT