ADVERTISEMENT

Western Mountain 3A Conference

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
We all know AC Reynolds will be heavily favored.

I would like hear about West Henderson. Could this be their break out year?

What does Asheville Erwin have returning?

Any prediction or any thoughts?

It'll be interesting to see what THS does with the new coach. He seems to be doing a great job out of the gates with the kids. They will never have the talent Buncombe County does, but may surprise some.

Asheville returns most the offense. QB,RB, two WR, return couple OL/DL. Which play both ways, return some linebackers, hearing about a stud sophomore we have already at 205lbs benching 320+ at LB. should be better then last season

Last edited:
Asheville will return their q.b. who I’ve heard has grown a little bit, that will likely shatter every passing record at ahs by 2019 and will be a rising jr.

Also return a big WR prospect who will be a rising junior and will be a big target. I presume he will be the best WR prospect in the mountains at 6’3” 195ish.

The guy I’m looking forward to seeing is the rising sophomore linebacker who y’all brought up. He appears to take it very seriously as evident by his 320 pound bench max at 15 1/2 years old.

In a couple years all these guys could be monsters.

Having said that, will we be good?
No idea.

But after the last couple years, it can’t get much worse.

Awesome Cougars! Maybe you guys can call Crest and tell them what a waste of time, gas and basically tax payers money it is to play TCR when obviously the best teams in the in mountains are ACR, Asheville and Erwin....PLEASE!!!! I’m begging you.

Awesome Cougars! Maybe you guys can call Crest and tell them what a waste of time, gas and basically tax payers money it is to play TCR when obviously the best teams in the in mountains are ACR, Asheville and Erwin....PLEASE!!!! I’m begging you.
Hey the way we have looked the last couple years, we can’t even talk trash to Roberson.

We all know AC Reynolds will be heavily favored.

I would like hear about West Henderson. Could this be their break out year?

What does Asheville Erwin have returning?

Any prediction or any thoughts?
I know WH had by far the best JV team in the league last season.. Whether that translates to varsity....Who knows. Erwin and TCR jvs were very good too. ACR....Not quite as good as either of those JV squads, at least when THS played them. Doubtful they will need too many of them anyway with what they have typically on the varsity team.

I know WH had by far the best JV team in the league last season.. Whether that translates to varsity....Who knows. Erwin and TCR jvs were very good too. ACR....Not quite as good as either of those JV squads, at least when THS played them. Doubtful they will need too many of them anyway with what they have typically on the varsity team.

ACR JVs last year were 8-2 losing to Shelby by 7 and West Henderson by 14. They easily handled TCR 46-0, and beat Erwin 20-8. Should be a good team next year.

What’s the word on Erwin? Haven’t heard much about them lately. I didn’t get to check them out last year. I do know they return their QB who ended with some pretty decent stats.

Last edited:
1) ACR
2) Asheville
3) West Henderson
4) Erwin
5)TCR
6)) Tuscola
7) North Henderson
8) North Buncombe
9) Enka

1) ACR
2) Asheville
3) West Henderson
4) Erwin
5)TCR
6)) Tuscola
7) North Henderson
8) North Buncombe
9) Enka
No way in hell Roberson should be number 5!

However you are probably exactly right. Looks right to me

After seeing Erwin tonight I was pretty impressed with what I saw. Physically they are a team that isn’t going to be pushed around. Good size along the lines, and good size at linebacker. They will have to fix some eye discipline things in the secondary, but that will happen as the year goes on. I really liked the way they attacked downhill against the run.

Offensively there are some playmakers as well. Don’t know who #8 is, but he looks like a good sized athlete out wide. They have experience returning at qb. Simeon is a proven weapon, and #6 looks like he can fill in well at rb.

A coach told me they have talent similar to the 2013 team. So that told me about all I need to know as to the talent level of this team. Obviously they have to stay healthy and improve throughout the year, but I would say expectations are high in warrior land.

Reactions: BD Warrior
Asheville has lost three year starter 6’5 290lbs OT, who for sure will be D1 recruit to Christ school, another OL who would have started went with him, lost a DL to Asheville school. That’s our biggest weakness right now... both lines. It’s going to be hard to fill the spots going both ways with out injury’s occurring. Return 3 LBs and all skill positions on D and O other than dana. If both lines can stay healthy and be football ready shape playing both ways then they can be really good. But again it’ll all come down to our line play on both sides of the ball.

After seeing Erwin tonight I was pretty impressed with what I saw. Physically they are a team that isn’t going to be pushed around. Good size along the lines, and good size at linebacker. They will have to fix some eye discipline things in the secondary, but that will happen as the year goes on. I really liked the way they attacked downhill against the run.

Offensively there are some playmakers as well. Don’t know who #8 is, but he looks like a good sized athlete out wide. They have experience returning at qb. Simeon is a proven weapon, and #6 looks like he can fill in well at rb.

A coach told me they have talent similar to the 2013 team. So that told me about all I need to know as to the talent level of this team. Obviously they have to stay healthy and improve throughout the year, but I would say expectations are high in warrior land.

Do you know what the final was? How did Tuscola look?

Asheville has lost three year starter 6’5 290lbs OT, who for sure will be D1 recruit to Christ school, another OL who would have started went with him, lost a DL to Asheville school. That’s our biggest weakness right now... both lines. It’s going to be hard to fill the spots going both ways with out injury’s occurring. Return 3 LBs and all skill positions on D and O other than dana. If both lines can stay healthy and be football ready shape playing both ways then they can be really good. But again it’ll all come down to our line play on both sides of the ball.

That's sad. Christ School is real drain on WNC football. They are getting kids from all iget Buncombe and Henderson. Nothing good about them.

Something definitely changed in the last couple years in regards to Christ school actively taking other wnc teams players. Christ school has been there forever, it’s not like kids didn’t know where it was and all of a sudden are flocking to it from 70+ miles away.

In regards to some of the lineman who have left from us and another school..... As appealing as it would be to get another year of eligibility, I don’t know how you could grow up with the same guys, play alongside the same guys, sweat, bleed and fight with the same guys in some cases for 6 years and then just be like “hey I’m out. Peace!”
These guys teammates must feel unbelievably betrayed. Some of these kids have abruptly left shortly before the season. I don’t get it.

Now Christ school needs to start playing some of these schools they’re taking players from. I saw one highlight of their rb last year break a run against rabun gap and he legitimately broke 10 tackles on what looked like a pretty bad middle school team.

I’d love to see a Christ school Asheville game.
Christ school franklin. Christ school Erwin.
Christ school Reynolds.

Reactions: BD Warrior
Think it was 21-12 Eastside. Even though they gave up 21 it was just some eye discipline things against a good passing team. Those are fixable things, and I think they are fairly young in the secondary so that will improve throughout the year. Physically it’s just a different team this year. Not a team that will struggle against the run.

Something definitely changed in the last couple years in regards to Christ school actively taking other wnc teams players. Christ school has been there forever, it’s not like kids didn’t know where it was and all of a sudden are flocking to it from 70+ miles away.

In regards to some of the lineman who have left from us and another school..... As appealing as it would be to get another year of eligibility, I don’t know how you could grow up with the same guys, play alongside the same guys, sweat, bleed and fight with the same guys in some cases for 6 years and then just be like “hey I’m out. Peace!”
These guys teammates must feel unbelievably betrayed. Some of these kids have abruptly left shortly before the season. I don’t get it.

Now Christ school needs to start playing some of these schools they’re taking players from. I saw one highlight of their rb last year break a run against rabun gap and he legitimately broke 10 tackles on what looked like a pretty bad middle school team.

I’d love to see a Christ school Asheville game.
Christ school franklin. Christ school Erwin.
Christ school Reynolds.
Asheville wants no part of Christ school ,it would be ugly.

Why is Enka so consistently bad? They seem to be solid in most sports but always horrible at FB. When's the last time Enka had a winning season?

Reactions: PBBear51
We have some of the best athletes in WNC. A QB who can pick you apart if have time. But unfortunately we have no OL or DL.. and it’s showing.

I think West Henderson is still a year out. JV team should be good again this year. Varsity had 2 kids poached by Christ School but still looks decent. I can't predict where they'll finish but a season like last year pending injuries is where I'd bet.

Last edited:
We probably have the 2 best wide receivers in WNC on the same team and probably the worst line in wnc. It doesn’t help when the guys you were counting on bail for another school.

Asheville will still be fine. Heard there were some really good coaches in the building who don't coach either. That hurts way more than a kid going to another school.

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
Have to clean up the Penalties. 15 to be exact. Offense Line and defense of line have to get better to make a run in WMAC. Good game franklin. Good luck rest of the way.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT