ADVERTISEMENT

Western Champions 1a

Well this thread is shot to hell..Thanks BK
Literally. I was done posting for this year but then he found a quote on how our players said they came to TJ for academic reasons instead of football. I’m sorry to all of you fans that were trying to use this as a thread for the game. Goodluck to all 4 teams in 1a/1aa playing this weekend. Until next season

Yes please stop jawing about charter schools we are in the state championship game and I wish with all your ranting BK you would focus a little more on that, than all of this obsession you have with someone having the upper hand on our Knights. Just enjoy the ride and give it a rest.
I’m pulling for Robbinsville Saturday because of the Robbinsville people I met that are like you. If all of you were like BK, I’d never pull for you. But the rest of you are very classy individuals. Good luck Saturday and safe travels if you go

Come on BK let it go. It doesn’t matter what these charter schools are doing if we are beating them.

I’m pulling for Robbinsville Saturday because of the Robbinsville people I met that are like you. If all of you were like BK, I’d never pull for you. But the rest of you are very classy individuals. Good luck Saturday and safe travels if you go
Everybody from Robbinsville that I've talked to after Friday has spoken highly of TJ. Excellent team....both teams had their hands full in a tough mans game. Congratulations on a great season!

TJ has a good team. Ive said it before.

WSP and Union Academy beat us on 2 different down years. We won 4 or 5 games those years.
We will have down years in the future, as most small schools will.

I started this thread and I looked back at the first page. I wasn't the one who started the recruiting talk. It was 2 others. I responded after a few post made on it. I guess I'm suppose to not respond.

I started this thread and I looked back at the first page. I wasn't the one who started the recruiting talk. It was 2 others. I responded after a few post made on it. I guess I'm suppose to not respond.
I opened this can of worms but read my post. I said TJA just play where they are put. “ the state owns this turd in the punch bowl “ sorry guys my fault . I own this one.

Reactions: Swain97 and Mhsneer
BK is just a troll who hi jacks every thread or just ruin ones he starts. Come on BK everyone was over you 3 years ago talking about this. Put it to rest man. You give our fan base a bad name

Anyone who has been on here long at all understands hes just an old guy who likes to run his mouth. A poster like that doesn't really reflect on the Robbinsville faithful. Every fanbase has their share of dimwits. The more successful you are the more you attract.

Reactions: therealsquid
Most of the ppl I talk to from Robbinsville think the same about charters. I bet most of you on here think the same about charters but we won so hush is the word. I'll get back on here in a few years and see who the hypocrites are after a few years of charter vs charter playing for the small 1a title.
Remember some of you have said stuff about Swain, Mitchell, Murphy, Charters, and others to me in town but get on here and act like you like and/or respect them. You guys can have this site. I'll will alway speak up when something I love is being threatened.
#neverfake

Reactions: CharlieBum
I hate to burst the BK think tank bubble, but since my job involves the State budget and appropriating money I think I can chime in on this one with facts and actual knowledge. Charters are funded more by the State now more than ever, which qualifies them to be included in LEA (local education agency since I doubt you know that) playoffs of all sports for which they field teams. So if you want to complain you should come East here to downtown Raleigh once the NCGA reconvenes Jan. 14 and chat with the Speaker & Pro Tem. I'll even give you a tour and schedule a meeting with their offices so you can air out your grievances. But don't go after the Charter. You can't just walk in to the NCHSAA and demand a change of that sort.

I'll even help you out. Here is a link to the budget bill that is currently still vetoed. You can go through the entire bill if you wish (395 pages) or just F7 search for charter and you can see every section where charter schools are mentioned: https://www.ncleg.gov/Sessions/2019/Bills/House/PDF/H966v7.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: MHS-88
Good luck to the Black Knights from Mitchell County. I’ll be watching on TV unless I decide to deer hunt. On the Charter issue, I feel like we are blessed to be in small communities with small schools with relatively little liberal indoctrination. Trust me, I’ve seen what happens first hand at the larger public schools. If I lived close to Thomas Jefferson I would do everything I could to get my kids enrolled there. I understand BK’s point and hopefully one day the issue will get resolved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT