ADVERTISEMENT

West Stanly @ Albemarle

Just to inform you guys #21 is done for the season....so you can forget that.

Sometimes you have to tear down to build up.

Look at the overall scenario. Coach comes a few days before the first practice and has a complete new offense to install and also needs to get the discipline in place. Was he required to set the two players that got in the fight. If not and he did I give him props. He may could have played them last night and got a win but sometimes setting the example is more important than the W. Set the precedent.

They do not look like a solid 4A team and people laughed at Davidson Day when they got off the bus. D Day was shocked by the lack of discipline, fundamentals, football iq, conditioning, and skill from Albemarle. Winning by lining up and running the same play is not going to cut it any longer as Albemarle is losing numbers and other programs are catching up (that happens). Got to figure out something a little different. Use Charlotte Catholic as an example. They use fundamentally sound principles to compete with schools with more talent, size, speed, skill, and numbers.

I don't believe he had to sit them as it was after school and could have let them run last night. With everything against this team this year they could be 2-1 right now. As a coach IMO you coach for the playoffs and a championship. Conference play is what matters and you can see different parts coming together. Now they just have to get everything together in the same game and the W will be there.

I would like to note that I was impressed with Jackson from WS. I felt our boys did a great job on him.

One thing to note going to my point of putting everything together.

Scored 22 on a Tville team that held WM to 13. Please note I'm not saying we will beat WM just pointing out a couple of things.

Held a WS team that scored 21 on WM to 6pts.

Offensively I felt if we had our best RB out there it would have been a different game. Now that I am not using that as excuse because WS won that game last night. Our D played well enough to win they most certainly did there job BUT WS made the plays to win and deserved it.

With that being said we are close here guys. Let's support these guys and allow coach smith to prove what we he can do. I seen another comment in regards to the coach last year. LOL remember of that team last year we lost 20 players. That is not a fair comparison IMO. They had athletes all over the place and a lot of speed.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower

Look at the overall scenario. Coach comes a few days before the first practice and has a complete new offense to install and also needs to get the discipline in place. Was he required to set the two players that got in the fight. If not and he did I give him props. He may could have played them last night and got a win but sometimes setting the example is more important than the W. Set the precedent.

They do not look like a solid 4A team and people laughed at Davidson Day when they got off the bus. D Day was shocked by the lack of discipline, fundamentals, football iq, conditioning, and skill from Albemarle. Winning by lining up and running the same play is not going to cut it any longer as Albemarle is losing numbers and other programs are catching up (that happens). Got to figure out something a little different. Use Charlotte Catholic as an example. They use fundamentally sound principles to compete with schools with more talent, size, speed, skill, and numbers.
Great post. AHS has been in a transitional period since Morris left. High coaching turnover is to be expected at the high school level, but four head coaches in four years is not a recipe for success anywhere. AHS has had some rotten luck off the field over the last few seasons. Hopefully the current staff can bring back some continuity and stability and get back to basics.

Don't compare common opponents as it does not dictate a game. We have scored more points this year as compared to the same time last year. We are slow starters. The offense and the play book will open up. WS scored on a deflected pass. And two long runs while younger kids were in. Don't compare that as apples to apples as it isn't. According to you your ones were in. Ours were not.

They do not look like a solid 4A team and people laughed at Davidson Day when they got off the bus. D Day was shocked by the lack of discipline, fundamentals, football iq, conditioning, and skill

from Albemarle. Winning by lining up and running the same play is not going to cut it any longer as Albemarle is losing numbers and other programs are catching up (that happens). Got to figure out something a little different. Use Charlotte Catholic as an example. They use fundamentally sound principles to compete with schools with more talent, size, speed, skill, and numbers.

This is my take on the suspensions. They were suspended for 5 days for fighting, I assume by the principal. That would meant they couldn't play in the Concord game. However they probably could have played in the WS game, but I have a feeling coach Smith extended it one extra game to set an example. Could be totally wrong in my assumption but that is the feel I have for it.

One thing about this Albemarle team that hasn't been mentioned much is team speed. We just don't have it like in years past. Therefor we will, imo just have to grind it out. We don't have that back that can take it to the house, so we will have to get there 3,4,5 yds at a time. In order to do this we have to mimize our mistakes on drives. No penalties or negative yds as they kill drives. I have noticed that if we have first and 15 we can't seem to overcome it. However I don't think we are getting a lot of penalties so that is a good thing. I still believe in this team and coach. I just hope the kids believe in themselves!

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT