ADVERTISEMENT

West Stanly @ Albemarle

To put it simply this was a very boring football game. No excitement from the crowd or the team. Only bright spot for Albemarle was the defense played very well. The offense never came out of the locker room. Absolutely NO offense tonight.; I know our main running back is out but really. Maybe it's time to chuck the DW. Its just not working coach. I know we have several linemen going both ways so that has some effect on things not going well. If I were the head coach I just don't know what I would do. I am changing my perdiction for this year. I first said we might win 8 games. That is no longer an option. As things stand now I think we will be lucky to win 5 games. The numbers and injuries have just killed this team. The kids have to be down and the fans in the stands don't know quite what is going on.
Before I forget Congrads to WS on the win tonight. You deserved it. You did what you had to do to get the win. Right now this is NOT a good Albemarle team. Can we get better ? Yes . Emery coming back next week will help . The fans really need to get behind these kids . I know they are hurting . I know I am also.
EM next week will be a big, big challenge. On the road and they are playing well and we are not. We could easily be 0-4 after next week. CC may be a welcome sight. lol
06 was a down year and this could be another one. However I am not ready to give up on this team. And I really hope they don't give up on themselves. Go Dogs.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Right Follower. What the hell is going on. No pa system, no band, it was like a morgue. I agree our qb is doing everything but working in the concession stand. He is the qb, now playing cornerback and I think received a punt, since no body else knows how to field a punt. He is one bright spot in this whole mirage. I take my hat off to you mr. Bird.

On a positive note sway said albemarle's pee wee team runs the dw good lmao!

"Emery coming back next week will help". U meen "if" he comes back. Who says he doesn't get in another extracurricular activity this week after practice? :D

Y'all say what you wanna say, I'm gonna light this board up in a minute.

Will the real Albemarle please stand up!

Geez Louise! WTF was that?! In all my life knowing Albemarle, that was not the Albemarle I know. That was pee wee football going up against 8th graders and the 8th graders won.....sheesh!

I don't mean to offend anyone, but North Stanly coaching Albemarle is not working out...I mean, I have never and I mean "Never" seen an Albemarle team that doesn't have the ability to move the ball...ever! What good does 2 or 3 interception do if you can't move the damn ball.

People can give credit to the QB all they want, but I have 20/20 vision, so whatever. He fumbled 2 snaps from my count.

This DW isn't working. I'm not sure if it's the coaching or the players, But why run the same damn play over and over and over and over and....well you get my point. The D2 youth league coach needs to go up there and show them how it's done!

These kids aren't feeling this offense and neither are the fans...the coach can think as a coach all he wants but it's not working.

Think about it, how can a Baseball coach come in and win 8 games(minus the forfeits) and a guy who claims he's a coach and can't average 15pts a game.....somebody tell me what the hell is going on. I'm listening.

Albemarle will win 2 games this year. Chatham Central(Maybe) and South Davidson(maybe). Looks like a 2-9:season is on the horizon fellas.

And this is my last post. I'll drop in and read every now and then, but it I'm freaking done.

I agree with you my friend. That Albemarle team I saw out there tonight did not resemable any Albemarle team I have ever seen in all my 60 some years of following the bulldogs.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
The PA was knocked out last night during the storm there is a new one being installed Wednesday.

In regards to Emery. He is a good kid that has been through a lot over the summer. I believe this is the first time he has been in trouble. I was watching him during the game and his attitude is right. Was out there cheering on his team etc. He knows he messed up. Absolutely he would have made a huge difference tonight.

Offensively wow that is all I can say. Defensively I thought we did a great job for the most part especially being out there as long as they were.

In regards to Bird I think he started trying to do to much tonight but he was the MVP.

My question is this. We were driving I believe we were at the 15 or 20 yd line and it was a tight game. We got stood up twice in a row why not attempt the FG? I understand he has missed but our offense was not moving the ball really well. 3-0 in this type of game is huge especially when your D is playing that well. Hats off to the D tonight they really played well.

I understand your post nation, but I think this team is at a crossroad. How we respond the next couple of weeks is critical

Agreed Buddy. This team is talented and seems to be getting better. Offensively was just crazy. It was like they had a good offensive plan and then completely away from it. I don't know I am not familiar with the DW. I know with #21 and Emery in the backfield during the scrimmage it didn't look like this lol....... Heck even vs Thomasville with the exception of the 2nd quarter it didn't look like this and we didn't even have #21 out there.

I think the coaches have made good adjustments with personel. Putting Bird at corner was a game changer. Two interceptions and he never got beat.

This week Emery and Bennet will be back hopefully no big injuries tonight and another couple of weeks we will get #21 back. Hang in there guys we were told on this post that we are going to struggle a bit in the beginning. The kids are working hard.

I would like to say this, I know the PA wasn't working etc but in a 0-0 game in the 4th our defense makes a big stop before #10 touched the ball and WS got it back. I was shocked at how quiet our fans were. Sometimes we as fans got to be that 12th man. Help give our boys that extra push.

Reactions: spiketomandjerry4
I left the stadium dumfounded by our offense. I have never seen so many gigantic athletes that cant get a yard! I was looking at our team pregame and we look like a 4a team with size and strength. Looking at West and Alb pregame I would have picked Alb all day. I know Emory, Bennett, Nichols are out but with the guys we had back there we should have been able to gain 3 yards per carry. It seemed as though our kids were lost. As a longtime AHS fan I am lost as well. Lets get simple and use our athletes. There is no need for misdirection when we are bigger and stronger.

Size without speed will do nothing. We follow the line and that doesn't do much for getting big gains. Let's get to the outside. West had many chances to put more scores on Us tonight

Don't throw in the towel yet. AHS still has a decent chance at a winning record in conference, which to me is a good goal for them this year. With a (yet another) new coach and new offense, there were going to be bumps in the road. They should beat CC, SD, UA, and SS. At this point I'd call EM and NM toss-ups. Afraid this could be the year that the winning streak against NS comes to an end.

Sounds like the team needed a break last night and just couldn't catch one. Sucks that the game was postponed, as that can throw a lot of things off-kilter, including the players' mindsets. Onward and upward. As someone else said, EM game is now huge.

No scoreboard until the fourth quarter? Man, I know that had to be confusing. "Hey bubba. Is it 6-0 or is it 0-6? ". ;)

AHS will be fine. You guys will be talking state championship and such just as soon as you get two wins to qualify. Cc and SD are coming. Relax......

The PA was knocked out last night during the storm there is a new one being installed Wednesday.

In regards to Emery. He is a good kid that has been through a lot over the summer. I believe this is the first time he has been in trouble. I was watching him during the game and his attitude is right. Was out there cheering on his team etc. He knows he messed up. Absolutely he would have made a huge difference tonight.

Offensively wow that is all I can say. Defensively I thought we did a great job for the most part especially being out there as long as they were.

In regards to Bird I think he started trying to do to much tonight but he was the MVP.

My question is this. We were driving I believe we were at the 15 or 20 yd line and it was a tight game. We got stood up twice in a row why not attempt the FG? I understand he has missed but our offense was not moving the ball really well. 3-0 in this type of game is huge especially when your D is playing that well. Hats off to the D tonight they really played well.
Who is going to kick a Field goal for Albemarle?

It's plain and simple. This Albemarle team does not have the athletes and talent of teams in the past. When you only have 25 players compared to 45 or 50 in past years there has to be a drop off in production. They will get better offensively when Jacoby returns but I still see them losing some games this year to teams they haven't lost to in years. On a positive note the quarterback has shown improvement, the team plays hard and they commit very few penalties.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
I agree dogs9. The overall lack of numbers and not much team speed is very noticeable. I think Bird is doing his part and then some. Not that it would make much difference but I still don't understand why coach Smith is coaching from uptop. Someone said because he can see the field better. Maybe so but it doesn't seem to be helping. Still not sure if Smith and the team are on the same page. The DW seems to be his offense of choice so guess he will stick with it. I still believe the lack of experience on the coaching staff is very evident. I think we miss Jacobi, Bennett and Isaiah more than people think. When you are short on talent to start with these guys can't be replaced.
Couple of things I noticed last night. The kid receiving punts needs more instruction on how to play the ball. Also our DB's were playing way to far off the WS receivers. On a positive note Jackson did not hurt us like I thought he would. Hats off to the coaches for the defensive changes. Now all we have to do is get the offense back in gear and we might win a few games. This team needs a win in the worse way so EM will be a big challenge this coming fri night. Still SMH. With this big offensive line and big backs we still can't get positive yds. Guess we just have to be patient. Don't know what else to do.

I agree dogs9. The overall lack of numbers and not much team speed is very noticeable. I think Bird is doing his part and then some. Not that it would make much difference but I still don't understand why coach Smith is coaching from uptop. Someone said because he can see the field better. Maybe so but it doesn't seem to be helping. Still not sure if Smith and the team are on the same page. The DW seems to be his offense of choice so guess he will stick with it. I still believe the lack of experience on the coaching staff is very evident. I think we miss Jacobi, Bennett and Isaiah more than people think. When you are short on talent to start with these guys can't be replaced.
Couple of things I noticed last night. The kid receiving punts needs more instruction on how to play the ball. Also our DB's were playing way to far off the WS receivers. On a positive note Jackson did not hurt us like I thought he would. Hats off to the coaches for the defensive changes. Now all we have to do is get the offense back in gear and we might win a few games. This team needs a win in the worse way so EM will be a big challenge this coming fri night. Still SMH. With this big offensive line and big backs we still can't get positive yds. Guess we just have to be patient. Don't know what else to do.
Buddy you are right about our defensive backs playing too far off the ball but what surprised me was West would put three receivers to one side and we tried to cover them with two backs. Why West didn't continue to throw in that set amazed me.

I thought our punter did a great job actually. And yes I would have given him a chance at a FG in that type of game where the ball was and how my D was playing.

Yes we do miss Emery and Isaiah. If you took Lomax and Leake out f WM offense how would that offense look? Emery and Nichols are very different type of runners than what we had out there these last two games. Emery is monster and runs hard and you won't bring him down with one guy. Nichols is a perfect compliment to Emery because of his speed and he is a physical runner that can get to the outside and punish you. Shoot even Emery and Bennett in the backfield from what we seen as Bennett who is not as strong as Nichols but still is a very physical player who can get to the outside. FYI he also fields punts and kick offs as well.

Keep your heads up we have not seen this team at a 100% yet or even close to it with the exception of the scrimmage. WS does not stop this team with Emery and Nichols or even Bennett in the backfield guys.

I think we have 2 or 3 weeks before Bennett is back let's see how these guys progress. Everybody on here knows the defense played great last night. Seems we are in that up and down mode with new systems and young players. Coach Smith will need of course to get healthy BUT also get it all put together in the same game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT