ADVERTISEMENT

West Stanly @ Albemarle

spiketomandjerry4

Jun 27, 2015
I think AHS grew a lot against Concord with their entire backfield decimated with injures or discipline issues. From the way it looked by watching it on my cellphone is that we didn't give up and learned a lot about our team as it went. If I am not mistaken we get a couple players back next week. We are hungry for a win. AHS wins 34-14.

I feel like Albemarle will get the win. It is a tradition for the Bulldogs to win the County games on the Field. West Stanly was hitting against West Montgomery

You will win, probably bigger than WM did because your guys will be hungry for a win. We only played 2 quarters really, played through a lot of adversity, and still won by 20. Still looking for that fire out of the gate at WM.

We need a win. Any kind of win. WS seems to be improved and we are decimated by injuries and suspenions. Might get AJ back this week and maybe one more. Will that be enough?
Friend of mine on CP's watched the game and wants to know why we don't have more spacing with our OL. Have to ask coach Smith. Guess he wants to hide the ball better.
Two questions come to mind after last night.
1. Why is Smith coaching from atop the press box?
2. How do we improve our defense?
Sway or anybody. Help me out. Thought qb Bird is doing a good job all things considered. It may be midseason before we get everybody back, if then. Last night we had 10 starters on the sidelines. 10.
We could be 0-3 or 1-2 after WS. Don't really know how to call this game. Could go either way.

We need a win. Any kind of win. WS seems to be improved and we are decimated by injuries and suspenions. Might get AJ back this week and maybe one more. Will that be enough?
Friend of mine on CP's watched the game and wants to know why we don't have more spacing with our OL. Have to ask coach Smith. Guess he wants to hide the ball better.
Two questions come to mind after last night.
1. Why is Smith coaching from atop the press box?
2. How do we improve our defense?
Sway or anybody. Help me out. Thought qb Bird is doing a good job all things considered. It may be midseason before we get everybody back, if then. Last night we had 10 starters on the sidelines. 10.
We could be 0-3 or 1-2 after WS. Don't really know how to call this game. Could go either way.

Buddy-
Don't know Coach Smith's reasons for choosing to coach from the press box, but doing that is not completely unheard of. Back in the late 1970's/early 1980's when South Rowan was a 3A power, Coach Reid Bradshaw always coached from the press box. Walkertown head coach Mike Springston worked from the box last year, And, if I remember correctly, former JM Robinson coach Tony Paroli worked from the press box at times.

If a head coach has an inexperienced staff (which is the case at Albemarle), he might feel it is in his best interest to be able to see the opposing team's alignments first hand, and be able to call down to the sidelines and instruct the assistants on how to counter them, as opposed to hearing descriptions of the alignments second hand and trying to make adjustments on the sideline.

Reactions: spudfour
I think it will be closer than people think. WS is not a bad team. They have some great blocking and the RB is fast if he gets around the corners! AHS better not let them hang around or they will pay for it.

For number 1: You want Smith up top. You can see more up top. That is a tough offense to run, and even tougher to see everyone from the field. Him being up top allows him to see that, then relay that information to his coaches. From there, the coaches should be doing their job and coaching them up.

For number 2: You're own your own. I hope you don't get it fixed until next week! haha

But in all seriousness, I don't see this game being a blowout on any side. I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can be, but clearly WMfanatic and I watched two different games last night. But that's okay, his team was supposed to blow the Colts out, they didn't. If Albemarle wants to win then they will have to have a good game plan and a good week of practice, (which is always true). West Stanly has improved significantly over the past few years, no one wants to see it or acknowledge it, but it is true. For those of you that want to argue with me, last nights game will be on Monday night football, watch it first then argue.Don't predict your blowouts on a name alone. Watch it with your own eyes. Buddy, if your boys slack of this week and predict a slaughter simply because they are playing West Stanly, then things probably won't go well for you. If they continue to work as hard as you say they have, then we will have a good game to watch on friday night!

Reactions: atucker2
new_dawg is correct with Reid Bradshaw. Would coach the first half up top, make adjustments and one on one with players at half, and then on the sideline in the second half. I think it depends on the type of coach he is and again like n_d said the assistants ability is huge with this. This shows he trusts the coaches on the sidelines. You can see a lot from up top you cannot see from the sideline but you get a better feel for the game and one on one with the players on the sideline. Scott Smith is very analytical. He is a thinker. I do not see an issue with this if he thinks it works. As the season goes on he may not go up top. Also, his background is up top as an assistant.

Need to get a lineman's perspective on the gaps. Could that have been something to do with the opponent(s). Catholic uses the tight formation for the angles and leverage and the misdirection. Strong and athletic defenders seem to do better in space. The thoughts of a non expert obviously.

Against Concord Our defense does have it's hands full. Just think if Concord had played Their Starters the entire game. We have given up a lot of points in two games but it could have been worse if Pagett was that kind of Coach. I like Our ability to put 5 different Running backs in during a game

Albemarle gets on the bus thinking they will roll, West gets on the bus expecting an "L". If that attitude is changed for the Colts this could be a game.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I
For number 1: You want Smith up top. You can see more up top. That is a tough offense to run, and even tougher to see everyone from the field. Him being up top allows him to see that, then relay that information to his coaches. From there, the coaches should be doing their job and coaching them up.

For number 2: You're own your own. I hope you don't get it fixed until next week! haha

But in all seriousness, I don't see this game being a blowout on any side. I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can be, but clearly WMfanatic and I watched two different games last night. But that's okay, his team was supposed to blow the Colts out, they didn't. If Albemarle wants to win then they will have to have a good game plan and a good week of practice, (which is always true). West Stanly has improved significantly over the past few years, no one wants to see it or acknowledge it, but it is true. For those of you that want to argue with me, last nights game will be on Monday night football, watch it first then argue.Don't predict your blowouts on a name alone. Watch it with your own eyes. Buddy, if your boys slack of this week and predict a slaughter simply because they are playing West Stanly, then things probably won't go well for you. If they continue to work as hard as you say they have, then we will have a good game to watch on friday night!
I can agree that it will not be a blowout, but WM did play them with a couple key players missing. I see WS winning a close one!

I'm glad the WS fan feels so good about a 20 point home loss. Glad we only beat your team by such a small margin so it can boost your confidence going into the game this week. Good luck to both teams.

I look for this to be a tight game that could go either way. As far as coaching from ontop. Last week Smith coached from uptop for the first half and on the sidelines for the second half. Last night he was ontop for the entire game. Go figure.
Albemarle can no longer go into a game and think the big"A" on their helment will win a football game. Those days are over.
Don't believe Emery or Bennett will play against WS.
Defense. Lots of ???????????.
It may be midseason before we get everybody healthy. Then maybe this offense will start to click.
If we don't shore up our corners it will be a long night for the dogs
Prediction. An even matchup.

Albemarle is going to be slaughtered plain and simple. We have no linebackers or corners. All West Stanly has to do is Sweep right or sweep left and that's an automatic touchdown. Albemarle has already given up 80+ in the first two games. You have to be on cocaine if you believe it's going to be corrected Friday.

WS 40 Albemarle 20.

One thing that jumped out at me last night was I believe we only turned the ball over 2x against that really good D. I believe both were fumbles by 40. Were there anymore? I expected more than that and felt that is an area where Bird improved drastically he had 0 turnovers. Only 2 turnovers against that D with all the missing players is a positive to take out of the game. We need to watch our penalties both games we have had a lot of 15 yd penalties.

And just because I say my team is going to get beat like a drum means I've given up on them....I've just come into reality for this season and hope we bounce back soon.

We had a couple of costly penalties that set WS up for a couple td's. I don't know who the coach is but he has those boys playing hard. They never gave up.......

Reactions: 123Break
West will be up for Albemarle. Albemarle will be wanting a win. South Stanly may be the only county win but We have been 0~2 going into this game for 3 years now

Sway it's just going to take some time for these boys. Somebody else said it earlier. Just got to have patience with it this season. We will take some L's this season but it's where we finish the season is what matters.

Throwing this out there last season cata beat WS 49-0. Not saying we are up where WS is but Tville and concord are a different story from WS. That shows that WS has had trouble with this offense. Just as long as our offense is on the field their O is on the sideline.

With that being said I don't know of we can beat WS but I do believe it will be a game. If we were at a 100% I believe we would be talking a different tune right now but we knew we were not deep. Hey these kids may surprise us. I don't think anybody expected for us to be missing 10 starters especially 5 main starters and be able to score on Concords impressive D.

WS also was injury plagued by the time that game came around. They were on their 4th qb when they played cata, and he broke his collarbone in the first half of that game. Their middle linebacker was out too. I might be over estimating #8s talent though. Warrior, buzzard, what do you think of that MLB?

We could be 1~1 right now but Our intensity fell after 1 quarter against Thomasville
AJ also went down and was out that second quarter. Could have been a quick sand deal in that second quarter. Still fought and gave themselves a chance to win.

We may be 500 this year. But it's a long season and with the fight these kids have you can't count them out to run off a strong of wins. The D is concerning but not up front. I felt like our lines have held well on both sides.

Like sway said. The last two game what is killing us is the play of our linebackers and corners. I don't care how many points we score we just can't stop the other team from scoring. Until this is fixed we may not win a game. That would be my main concern at practice this week. All WS is going to do is sweep left and sweep right until and if we stop it. This is where this game will be won or lost. Defense, defense defense.!!!!!!!

I haven't seen Albemarle, but if they are running a traditional double wing then it is usually run with very tight splits. Working a lot of combos then looking for a hidden counter.

We had a couple of costly penalties that set WS up for a couple td's. I don't know who the coach is but he has those boys playing hard. They never gave up.......
I don't recall a drive that was not aided by a penalty after the opening drive. You had the fumble that was not a fumble, the wrapped up QB that unloaded the ball in the grasp roughing the passer call on WM, and the time the entire WS line fired off the ball without a snap of the ball and the 45 second ref conference before calling WM offsides that sustained a drive. I don't think they scored on that one though.

Reactions: Buzzard15
West Stanly is not going to have the depth, size, or speed of Concord. In addition they are not going to be as football savvy and as well coached as Concord. This is a totally different ball game where Albemarle will be as big and strong as the opponent. That changes things physically and mentally. Different week / different game fellas.

West Stanly isn't as good as Concord but I'm not sure they're worse than Thomasville.

This is always a hard game to predict. WS has been up and down a lot over the years and they're hard to get a read on early in the season.

Think I'd consider WS the favorite in this game this year. If AHS wins (a big "if"), it will not be a blowout.

We have an Offense that can make long time consuming drives. Defense needs to improve on giving up long runs. That is why We aren't 1~1

I will just say this. If our defense is not improved especially on the corners, then WS will win this game.

I don't recall a drive that was not aided by a penalty after the opening drive. You had the fumble that was not a fumble, the wrapped up QB that unloaded the ball in the grasp roughing the passer call on WM, and the time the entire WS line fired off the ball without a snap of the ball and the 45 second ref conference before calling WM offsides that sustained a drive. I don't think they scored on that one though.
Yep and Pancake Blocks were always holding penalties with those clowns!

I will just say this. If our defense is not improved especially on the corners, then WS will win this game.
If Albemarle cant shut down the corners then #33 is going to have a Record night! They kid is fast around those ends! Our guys had there hands on him and he would just run away from them, and our boys are strong! You will have to put a shoulder on him and wrap him up!

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT