ADVERTISEMENT

West Stanly @ Albemarle

Sway,you wanna call our team terrible???,your funny.

No offense @TVILLEDAWG2370, my team isn't doing any better honestly. But yeah Southern Lee, Albemarle, and Thomasville are not that.....great.

Now you know as well as I do, that our teams are not the teams of the past. Now we may make it further in the playoffs because all you need in 1A is 3....in 2A you might need 5 which I don't see Thomasville getting....No "Pun" intended.

Gotcha sway, it's all good,even though tville and albemarle are not the teams of the past,I wouldn't say either one is terrible,we both know there are some really terrible teams out there besides tville and albemarle...good luck to you guys the rest of the way,football is better when albemarle is in contention year after year.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Those kids from West Stanly are hard working coach able kids. They will win this one 21-10. Coach Morman has them fired up. Albemarle is down big time.

West Stanly 28 Albemarle 14 Everyone talking Jackson on offense, but WS best player is #8 Edwards that plays mostly Defense.

Some observations. If coach Smith wants to coach from uptop then that's find with me. We must realize that most of the coaching staff is new and inexperienced. Only Blanton has some experience. With all the injuries and inexperience we have a lot to overcome. We just need time to come together as a team and as a coaching staff. So we are 0-2 and it could get worse before it gets better. We could be 0-4 over the next couple weeks but then maybe we can get some people back and start to get better. The main job of the head coach is to keep this team believing in themselves and not get down after some losses. Maybe we can steal a win in the next 2 weeks, which would work wonders. Also we need someone on the team to step up and be a leader. Jacobi ?? Also the fans need to keep coming out and supporting these kids. They need us now more than ever. I still think this could be a team to recon with come the playoffs. Go Dogs.

Sway, I think you are talking about Albemarle's D1. Rushing is a great athlete and a good kid also. When we're on, we're on!

Oh O.K., man you guys showed up and showed out! I wanted to help coach so bad this year, but my schedule. I ride by Central on my way to the YMCA and see you guys almost wrapping it up.

Buddy, I believe we have a guy from Independence that has won a SC on the coaching staff as well as another guy from East Rowan or North Rowan....big dude I believe. We have a little experience. Just need to "Gel" together. Every coach (head and assistant) seems to come from a different system. But once they get it together.....Albemarle will be a "Wrecking" ball once again!

2010 West Stanly vs Albemarle 42-14 win by forfeit
2011 West Stanly vs Albemarle 39-7
2012 West Stanly vs Albemarle 70-0
2013 West Stanly vs Albemarle 9-7
2014 West Stanly vs Albemarle 21-7 win by forfeit

2014 West Stanly passing yard against Albemarle 110. 18 yards per completion. 6/16 passing completions
2014 West Stanly rushing yard against Albemarle -10. 23 attempts. average per carry -0.4. Longest 7
2014 West Stanly fumbles against Albemarle 3. None recovered

Last edited:
I think this game will come down to the Albemarle defense

It most certainly will as well the rest of the 8 games. If this D shows up and "Stays Put", Albemarle will be fine come Playoff time. I just don't see many teams in 1A giving us a fit besides Murphy or R-Ville. The YVC is the strongest I've seen it in like......Ever...

Those where the longest years when Sturdevant played for West Stanly. He ran 7 or 8 yards a play. He had a good receiver most of the time. I went to one of the games at West and Albemarle fell behind 19 ~0 at half. During those years that was odd for Our Bulldogs. I got disgruntled and left

Not related to football but something I just saw in the Snap, local paper. Hobby Lobby is opening a new store in Albemarle later this month. They are hiring and had 780 applications for 70 jobs to open the store. After it's opened the 70 jobs will decrease by 30 to 50. Now if this isn't sad I don't know what is. Will only pay between $10 and $15 per hr. This will only suck more money out of the local economy and send it to corp. headquarters in god knows where.

Is #8 ok? I know he went down against WM.
I hate to say it, but I believe West will beat us. I think it will be a close and hard fought game but once again my Dogs come up short.:(:(
The team that West has beat is SS. We are worried way too much as Fans. We can have long drives and control the clock. West knows Who We are. Antonio holding a Stanly Cup after We beat all 3 Teams should fire Somebody up. That was set up by a Photographer that doesn't respect the Albemarle Bulldogs

Follower, I had asked Buddy( 70-30=50???) earlier that being we had WS on the schedule this year and IF we run the table on the SC teams this year and he fact that Stanly was formed from Montgomery in 1842 , could we be eligible for the Stanly Cup?

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I might not be able to make this game. Came down with a cold, and the way the weather is, it'll be hard to move around out there.

I think our best chance against WS is to control the ball and the clock. Jackson is going to get his so we need to maintain ball control with long time consuming drives. Athlete for athlete I think we can match up with them better than the first 2 teams we have played. Our biggest issue is injuries. With so many kids out and guys going both ways I believe we could wear down in the second half. This could decide the game.

I believe we come on strong in the second half once we get our second wind. I thought we had better athletes than Thomasville, they just had more numbers but they did not have the conditioning we did. 5 more players on varsity and we might be singing a different tune when we played.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Hope you're right about us getting our second wind. The biggest thing that is killing us now is NUMBERS.

Reactions: sway1532
I might not be able to make this game. Came down with a cold, and the way the weather is, it'll be hard to move around out there.

You have got to be kidding!!!!! You can't go to a game to support your team because you have a COLD!!! :eek:

One thing I know is that the WS crew will be out heavy tomorrow night. I am hoping we don't have 10 starters on the sidelines tomorrow night. I know we will be without Emery Bennett and Isaiah. Has anybody been to practice to see how we look?

Went tues night. Have a couple linemen banged up. Don't know how bad they are. Man injuries are killing us.

I expect West to bring a good crowd because they should be the favored to win this game. They really should have won the last two times they played but Albemarle found a way to win them both. This game will be close and I think the Bulldogs pull off another close win over the Colts.

Buddy, Any idea who will be carrying the ball this week? That is our top 3 backs on the sidelines. This game is getting scarier by the minute?

Expect AJ to get a lot of carries. Don't know who else. However I'm more concerned about our defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT