ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan comes to the ranch

justanidiot

Nov 19, 2011
West Rowan is a powerhouse football team... Multiple state championships.. They have a great program...

They come into the ranch after a blowout win vs a rather competitive team (North Buncombe)..

Thoughts?

Honestly, this is not a team to sleep on... I can see them putting up a fight.......

when was the last time we played West Rowan? 2001? 2002? I think we won 20-7 or something like that..of course none of that matters now, Welcome come back to the ranch West!

We should not take you likely, as you are capable of an upset. With that being said...I really hope we put you away early. Our starting defense is fast and strong and hasn't had a touchdown scored on it all season. Our offense is...improving...we have great running backs! even though, I've only seen one really touch the ball, I fully expect the others to open up in the up coming weeks!

I'm actually excited about this game, I think this will be a great test for Crest...another marker for where we stand.

Originally posted by justanidiot:
West Rowan is a powerhouse football team... Multiple state championships.. They have a great program...

They come into the ranch after a blowout win vs a rather competitive team (North Buncombe)..

Thoughts?

Honestly, this is not a team to sleep on... I can see them putting up a fight.......
I don't know about powerhouse in 2014,I mean they lost to East Rowan by about 50.East Rowan beat Freedom by 1 last night.

West Rowan was a powerhouse 4-5 years ago, but not this team. As mentioned East Rowan beat them 59-14. By that measure Crest should win by 70+ points.

They have to be taken seriously they have a good coach who will come in with a good game plan!

Originally posted by Crestuff:

They have to be taken seriously they have a good coach who will come in with a good game plan!
It will get ugly quick.

Yep, especially since they like to run up the score right after talking about how poor sportsmanship it is. Just a bunch of two faced Nancy Pelosis' up there in Cramperland.

What SHS LION said. East Rowan blew them off the field, 59-14. They're not good this year.

Well they have 8 wins and did win a playoff game so they'll probably be second best team Crest has faced all year.

From what I understand about East Rowan is they are high octane passing team...Crest is strong defensively with a decent/pretty good offense.

West Rowan must struggle with passing teams, we'll see if Crest can throw on them, but to be honest I like our smash mouth, run it down your throat or up your rear offense...I keep waiting to see multiple guys touching the ball...I still feel like it's coming.

I don't trust West Rowan's record, they will come ready to fight...Crest needs to be ready. I think they will treat us like Ashbrook usually does...it's going to be interesting.

I think the O line still has to show improvement every week and I also thought #2 and #3 might get a few touches last nite turns out they didn't need to but we might just need to later.

Here is the way I see it. We will be going up against a defense that has allowed less than 5 pts. per game all season. The biggest stat of all? They have not given up a defensive TD all season. Impressive. We are a big underdog and rightfully so. Not taking away anything from other teams, but we lost games we should have won or been closer in regular season play.

We have our hands full with Crest that's for sure. Most say it will take a miracle to ride back home on that bus with a "W".

Here is what I say...................It will take "Will Power" to overcome. That's all we can ask of our kids.
We look forward to coming back to the Ranch after so many years.

Originally posted by frifalcon:

Here is the way I see it. We will be going up against a defense that has allowed less than 5 pts. per game all season. The biggest stat of all? They have not given up a defensive TD all season. Impressive. We are a big underdog and rightfully so. Not taking away anything from other teams, but we lost games we should have won or been closer in regular season play.

We have our hands full with Crest that's for sure. Most say it will take a miracle to ride back home on that bus with a "W".

Here is what I say...................It will take "Will Power" to overcome. That's all we can ask of our kids.
frifalcon, it would be asking too much to ask the Falcons to beat the Crusty Nags, but making the game close enough to humble their fans somewhat would be sufficient. Never mind, what am I thinking, it would be easier to beat them as it would take more than a miracle to humble them.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

So what seems to be the problem exactly? I'm just curious because I know West has to have some athletes that can compete with anyone...So are the kids undisciplined? or lazy? or something else?

Originally posted by sasha_nc:

frifalcon, it would be asking too much to ask the Falcons to beat the Crusty Nags, but making the game close enough to humble their fans somewhat would be sufficient. Never mind, what am I thinking, it would be easier to beat them as it would take more than a miracle to humble them.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Hahaha Sasha! Might be a bit too much to ask this season. Besides, don't want to get "caught up" in the rivalry ya'll cherish between each other.
smile.r191677.gif
Good luck with "Conquered" next week.

Originally posted by crest91:

So what seems to be the problem exactly? I'm just curious because I know West has to have some athletes that can compete with anyone...So are the kids undisciplined? or lazy? or something else?

Not really a problem crest91. Just the way the season has gone. Hard to put a finger on it. Just shooting ourselves in the foot a lot. Murphy's law. If it's going to happen, it usually did. We have some good athlete's, just been one of those weird seasons.

Crest should win this week, easy schedule continues, but there days are number!

HardRam cant go an hour without posting on a Crest topic. Hes a rider "if you know what I mean"
uzi.r191677.gif

Crest needs to take one game at a time. West Rowan will be ready as Crest has a target on their back. Everyone wants to knock off the Chargers. Keep the focus. Play hard.

You will find. Crest fans give respect to teams that earn respect. West Rowan and their fans will have our attention and respect this week. They have earned it.

Re: West Rowan comes to the ranch
crestcharger02 posted on 11/15/2014...
Well they have 8 wins and did win a playoff game so they'll probably be second best team Crest has faced all year.

crestcharger02, we here at RS have won 8 games and won in the first round too. And even though my name says leothelion, I am now teaching/coaching at RS.

So, where would we, the Hilltoppers, rank in your scheme of things? lol

Just having a little fun is all.

Crest should win and win big.

Your coaching there? Well now we know how RS managed the upset. Congrats. All rutherford county needs is a little Cleveland county magic.

lets look back at last nights game,,, the mighty crest vs a 5 - 6 Southwestern Randolph team..

crest ran 44 plays
SW ran 50 plays

crest 15 first downs
SW 8 first downs

Crest total yards 301 ,,, thats starters and non starters,,, everybody that played

Crest star QB has 140 yrds passing
crest backup QB had 35 yrds passing team total pass 175 yards

Crest star Rb had 73 yrds rushing
Crest used 3 other RB's that rushed for a total of 53 yrds team total rush 126 yards

These are the almighty numbers crest put up against a 5 - 6 team .... proof there 2a/3a schedule is a joke... You can say all you want about no td's allowed by starting D and we done this and that but numbers dont lie... Dont sit here and try to say "this is with backups and our starters out" ,,, bs you got a early turnover and scored against a bad team.... your backups scored 7 points the 2nd half total.. Without 2 players on this team, the QB and RB this team is avg at best in any conference

The truth is out about Crest, those Crest posters have been trying to convince everyone how great they are. They are a solid team, with a good Defense that's it.

Originally posted by gmetal:
lets look back at last nights game,,, the mighty crest vs a 5 - 6 Southwestern Randolph team..

crest ran 44 plays
SW ran 50 plays

crest 15 first downs
SW 8 first downs

Crest total yards 301 ,,, thats starters and non starters,,, everybody that played

Crest used 3 other RB's that rushed for a total of 53 yrds team total rush 126 yards

These are the almighty numbers crest put up against a 5 - 6 team .... proof there 2a/3a schedule is a joke... You can say all you want about no td's allowed by starting D and we done this and that but numbers dont lie... Dont sit here and try to say "this is with backups and our starters out" ,,, bs you got a early turnover and scored against a bad team.... your backups scored 7 points the 2nd half total.. Without 2 players on this team, the QB and RB this team is avg at best in any conference

You went to a lot of trouble to bring this stuff up man...I think you might have a problem? Don't worry about Crest, if we're suppose to play Concord then we will. I don't believe numbers tells the story about any team. because I'm sure freedom had a lot of numbers too...and so did Mooresville...and so will West Rowan. It's whatever is suppose to happen. You got SP...they're not terrible...good luck.

This post was edited on 11/15 6:56 PM by crest91

This post was edited on 11/15 7:00 PM by crest91

on another note...why in the world would we want to put great numbers and scores on a 5-6 team anyway? what would that prove? that we can kill teams less talented than us? is that what Concord does?

Those Crest boys wasn't fired up, because they knew they didn't need to be...They didn't want to kill anybody. Southwestern Randolph was just happy to be in the playoffs...

Originally posted by leothelion:
Re: West Rowan comes to the ranch
crestcharger02 posted on 11/15/2014...

crestcharger02, we here at RS have won 8 games and won in the first round too. And even though my name says leothelion, I am now teaching/coaching at RS.

So, where would we, the Hilltoppers, rank in your scheme of things? lol

Just having a little fun is all.

Crest should win and win big.
Hello Leo,we miss you over at George Blanton.Good luck this week.

crest ran 44 plays
SW ran 50 plays

crest 15 first downs
SW 8 first downs

Congrats on your moral victory. It was good enough to kick start basketball practices..... and you are correct; numbers don't lie..... SWR lost 49-7.

We have been exposed. Did you happen to read that other thread. Our numbers were almost identical to that 2a school we played. Were in trouble.

crest ran 44 plays
SW ran 50 plays

crest 15 first downs
SW 8 first downs

That's it I aint going to the game this Friday weve been exposed. I think ole sheet metal was at the game Friday nite hes knows more about us than his own team. Hes a rider!!!

I would trade Shelby's lil 2A bracket for Crest's any day. Chargers by 35
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Crest should win this game, but be very wary of West Rowan... Those Rowan County teams are sneaky good, even when their record doesn't necessarily reflect it... Different type of football down that way... I see this game being similar to the Crest / Shelby game honestly..

Crest SHOULD win... But it won't be a blowout... Something like 24-14 or so

I will be happy with a 24-14 win against West Rowan. Regardless of their W-L record they are a quality football program and have the potential to upset the Chargers.

To address the question about Crests lack of stats in their 49-7 win, Crest does not live or die by a star RB or QB. At Crest, the team is the star and this year the defense shine brightest. Freedom has a star RB but not much else. If you think you can gauge the quality of a football team by their offensive stats, then you are a fool

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT