ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan at Hibriten

Hibritens defense did enough to stop Watauga in a close one. If Watauga wasn't lackluster on defense they'd been a defeat in Lenior with players heads hanging low. Of course there was turnovers which kept Watauga in the game. Hibriten came in a different breed fri against Burns and NO turnovers. Makes a huge difference. If Hibritens O commits just ONE turnover in a game like this it could be difference in moving fwd or hitting the pine floor.

WR fan asked me bout the offense and someone answered it for me so good job. Very limited passing. Ran the ball more than Butch Carters old offense at South ha ha. Or so it looked like. Can't fault em, if it works, go with it.

I want Hibriten to win as much as the next man on the home side but with all the predictions of a win I'm just not sure. Any team rolling into Lenior that beat down Crest leaves me scratching my head. Not sure how the rest of Lenior community feels lol

You know Crest and Burns game coulda went either way this year. Burns starRB got hurt early. This wasn't Crest team of the last three years.

Reactions: beamer24
You know Crest and Burns game coulda went either way this year. Burns starRB got hurt early. This wasn't Crest team of the last three years.

I totally agree. I watched Crest play Concord last year. Total dominance. Senior loses, happens to the best of em . But still even at Crests worse , that's still an acomplishment. That being WR beating them THAT bad.

Reactions: marsgreen
If we can hold them under 21 we should win. We can't get in a scoring battle with them. We have to control the clock and keep their offense on the side line.
You will not hold them to 21. Our defense was like you said better against the run . I know it don t look like it but our defense was pretty good . They are that good. They come at you in so many ways . If you make a mistake they pounce. They are panthers you know.

Reactions: patsfball
That little QB is fun to watch... you can't even see him until he's sprinting down the field. Everyone knows I prefer pass heavy offenses, but this Hibriten O is fun to watch.

You will not hold them to 21. Our defense was like you said better against the run . I know it don t look like it but our defense was pretty good . They are that good. They come at you in so many ways . If you make a mistake they pounce. They are panthers you know.

Nothing bad to say about Burns. They may do the same to us. I like our chances.

Hibriten wins by 2-3 TDs.....wasn't impressed with WR other than the WR. The Hibriten running game will be hard to handle. Good luck to both teams

Nothing bad to say about Burns. They may do the same to us. I like our chances.
I was not trying to put your team down in any way. I have watched alot of high school football . I have seen a lot of great team over the years. I'm not saying there the best I've seen but they are right there. If you guys handle them then you have a pretty good team yourself. I just want Who ever wins the west to beat the brakes off the east. I'm tired of hearing how the west is so weak that whoever wins it does not stNd a chance against the east

I was not trying to put your team down in any way. I have watched alot of high school football . I have seen a lot of great team over the years. I'm not saying there the best I've seen but they are right there. If you guys handle them then you have a pretty good team yourself. I just want Who ever wins the west to beat the brakes off the east. I'm tired of hearing how the west is so weak that whoever wins it does not stNd a chance against the east

I didn't take it as that at all. No worries.

Wish Hibriten could borrow number 6 from Burns this week

I'm with you man, I don't care who wins the west as long as they handle the east.
I'm partial to Hibriten because they represent the NWC but will pull for the west regardless.

Wasn't impressed with Crest either. Same same
Sorr
not trying to be mean or negative but I watched that film. Your defense ha

Just like everyone said we would not beat Crest because of their superior defense we will show up and give it a shot at Hibriten.
Now it is the unbeatable offense of Hibriten that will be our demise. Maybe so, they are a very good team and deserve great respect.

What you have to understand is that we are playing with house money. We got nothing to lose. According to the football geniuses, Crest was going to over power us last week and we embarrassed them and sent them back to Cleveland County with a big "L".
It is Hibriten's game to lose not ours to win.
No body thinks we belong and that has fueled our kids and coaches. I am not boasting or predicting a win, but don't be surprised if Goliath takes a rock between the eyes Friday.

Mt. Ulla, you are correct. No one gave you guys a chance against Crest. All of the talk was that you guys were about to get steamrolled, as a sea of green and gold was coming up to Lenoir this week to take down the panthers. To set up Crest vs South Point II

"Any Given Friday"

Reactions: Mt.Ulla-falcon-fan
I remember 2009 everyone was ready for Hibriten vs West Rowan and Tuscola ruined the Panthers perfect season.
Can't overlook anyone or get over confident with a lead.
And make your PAT's.

weather you put a lot of stock in his picks or not, Simmons had the WR-Crest game as even........most of the time anything 6pts or less with his formula is a pretty even pick. Will be interesting to see the picks this week.

Simmons is usually pretty close Cal preps has Hibriten by 14 on a neutral field but a calculator won't be used on Friday night.

That's what I'm telling you. We have played good teams this year and no one has made us look that bad. Not even Shelby. Hey if you guys beat them good but if not you owe me and my Bulldog defense an apology.

I will go ahead and apologize because it sounded negative to your kids. I honestly didnt know I had sent it. It was much larger and I was erasing it and accidentally sent it I guess. I was not say "ha" as in laughing. I had typed "Your defense "had" no ideal how to stop their offense.
You are right. We may not be able to stop it either.

Let me say this and it's the last thing I will say til the game is over . I watched film juSt like you and said hey we can get some stops on them but when we got on the field it was a whole other thing. They are fast and they are physical.Their line comes off the ball hard and fast. May the best team win.

Let me say this and it's the last thing I will say til the game is over . I watched film juSt like you and said hey we can get some stops on them but when we got on the field it was a whole other thing. They are fast and they are physical.Their line comes off the ball hard and fast. May the best team win.
Going to be an exciting night. We will have to see how we stack up against them. Going to be tufff.

Pisgah has no shot at beating SP. I'm thinking as I said before that WR will handle Hibriten but I may be wrong. The Falcons aint no slouch and Hibriten still has not been tested. Personally I'd rather travel to Hibriten than host the Falcons. The Raiders will be as ready as they can be, either way. It should be a great game this week and next. I'm not afraid to look past Pisgah cause the SP coaches won't! Good luck to both teams. I'm skipping my Raiders to come watch this one!

Any good places to eat close to the school. Also does the school have people directing parking? Never been to Hibriten before

Any good places to eat close to the school. Also does the school have people directing parking? Never been to Hibriten before
Home cooking at perks cafe on 18 about a mile from the school, fatz, sagebrush, ruby Tuesdays , and zaxbys on 321 about 3 miles from the school.
If you get there early you can park in the parking lot and walk up to the stadium if not you'll end up on the practice field. Or you can park at William Lenoir middle school you will see the lights from there.

Hibriten wears the fans out before the game...walking up the hill. I always get my exercise when attending a game there.

Home cooking at perks cafe on 18 about a mile from the school, fatz, sagebrush, ruby Tuesdays , and zaxbys on 321 about 3 miles from the school.
If you get there early you can park in the parking lot and walk up to the stadium if not you'll end up on the practice field. Or you can park at William Lenoir middle school you will see the lights from there.
Thanks Beamer. Would like to meet some fellow posters. Any place to meet at the half? Anyone else enterested.

Ok you Hibriten fans, we will see ya tomorrow night. Hope to meet a few of you on the track near the flag poles at the half. Been a good thread. Now all there is to do is line up and go at it and may the best team win! Hope for a clean injury and bad attitude free game.
Tons of respect to you and your boys!

Reactions: beamer24
West Rowan is beatable for sure - 3 regular season L's prove this. West will have to bring their A game and Hibriten bring a mediocre performance for this game to be close. Good luck to both!

West Rowan is beatable for sure - 3 regular season L's prove this. West will have to bring their A game and Hibriten bring a mediocre performance for this game to be close. Good luck to both!

That's true. We lost to 4A Davie who is playing Dudley at home tonight, we lost to 3AA Hickory Ridge who is playing Marvin Ridge at home tonight. Our other loss was to Concord who went out in the 1st Round.
It is what it is..............................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT