ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan at Crest

I enjoyed the smack talk Rulz. You’re a nut, there’s that word. I mean a trip you call me out to play anytime. And all Bull aside your questions are legit. Time will tell about Eddins but sounds Some of posters takes this high school stuff way too serious. It is nice to have freedom of speech.

i mean this is Cleveland County .... pretty serious

There are days I love my job and days it drives me nuts but one thing is for sure i would never want to be a high school football coach in CC....we sure know one fella at burns that could not handle it and went to the press box for free pizza.

Barnes has been at Sumter for 5 years and has won nothing but conference championships. Sumter is one of top five schools in SC with highest student population. Coaching in SC is completely different. You bring your A game every week.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Hey Shelbyfootball you sure act like you know what’s going on with football in Gaffney.. Are you The Godfather of that Shelby mafia or just blowing smoke.

Reactions: Crest9496
Don’t Birch from Burns and Jeff Allen from Crest coach downthere. Is there anymore from around here down there ? Are am I wrong.. Wow it sux to be wrong.

Thanks for sharing but throw your recruiting paper in the trash.. Thanks for what you do. That age is definitely the most fun except for the occasional whining parent the coaches have to listen too !

I sat all afternoon in the Crest pressbox.... The CCYFL league championships were today ....

Upon arrival to Crest, the Burns announcer who does all the announcing for the little league and is the best in the business, was checking out the sound system that was NOT working... We looked it over and over, checked every cable, pressed every button to no avail... These poor children weren't going to have an announcer nor any music...

We called Melton over who tried his best to help us again to no avail so here we are about 5 minutes before the Mighty Mite title game with nothing...
I decide to crawl under that sound system with ground cheetos, and mayonnaise giblets abound, and determine that the driverack PA is the issue, so we rewire the Chargers sound system from the amplifier directly to the mixing board and we now hear the music... Sure it was only mono, sure it had some reverb in it, but by goodness, those children and the fans got to hear Mr Burns announcer and the Shark song during the day....

So to whomever is over the Crest stuff, its in the Driverack PA2 thats the issue and its locked down , so whomever programmed that needs to remember the admin password to fix it... (well I really doesnt matter for now, but you get the picture) I even rewired it back to how it was...

Mighty Mite: Shelby Panthers defeat the Shelby Lions in three, yes three overtimes
Pee Wee: The Shelby Lions defeated the #3 Rams
Midgets: The Springmore Running Bulldogs defeat the Upper Cleveland Bulldogs

Congrats to all, and hey lighten up Charger fans, a Shelby Lion and a Burns Bulldog saved the proverbial day over at the ranch for hundreds of kids and family members.... The kids couldnt care less, and a few parents made sure we knew that there was reverb about 250 times but hey, we worked it out

folks oft wonder how our High Schools do so well year after year, I happen to think it goes back to the CCYFL and all those volunteers that prepare all these kids for middle and high school... Very successful league with great folks throughout.... The future is very bright for Burns, Crest and Shelby and all those kids today showed why

Probably not a single bit of this belongs here, but hey its my story, Ill tell it when and where I want too

WORD!!!!!!!
SL, Thank you

Nah brother, dont need a new one, just need to clean the winders!!!!!

Also I darn near knocked myself unconcious coming back from the concession stand.. Had an arm full of hotdogs, drinks and fries and walked in the door and hit my head on the door frame and nearly lights out....Im in concussion protocol for the next day or so

If they could clean windows, fix that driverackpa, and make the door frame taller for ole shelby lion, we should be good to go..

that wood carving of the Horse head beside the ladder to the roof is pretty dang cool... they need to keep that, someone did good work

yea brother we do need a new PB lol

thanks for the positive vibes but trust me we gotcha

Nah brother, dont need a new one, just need to clean the winders!!!!!

Also I darn near knocked myself unconcious coming back from the concession stand.. Had an arm full of hotdogs, drinks and fries and walked in the door and hit my head on the door frame and nearly lights out....Im in concussion protocol for the next day or so

If they could clean windows, fix that driverackpa, and make the door frame taller for ole shelby lion, we should be good to go..

that wood carving of the Horse head beside the ladder to the roof is pretty dang cool... they need to keep that, someone did good work
My money is on you still being on the floor eating the cheetos droppings:)

Reactions: Shelby Lion
Actually Dan Jones should be back next year if he chooses to do so....playing in the semi’s. I’m betting he don’t retire and will be back next year

i know what you’re saying but that’s some tuff asz brackets down there in SC. But Barnes is one of the best ever in CC even tho he was only here five yrs. But I do agree with CF - he’s gone

Barnes had once scheme....he even used it in the Shrine Bowl....get a big back and just run him over and over and over right up the middle from different formations including the wildcat. Did I say over and over and over? I meant over and over and over and over and over. It worked as long as you had the personnel.

Barnes had once scheme....he even used it in the Shrine Bowl....get a big back and just run him over and over and over right up the middle from different formations including the wildcat. Did I say over and over and over? I meant over and over and over and over and over. It worked as long as you had the personnel.

He still does it

3 yards and a cloud of dust .

BUT...With that. He was smart enough to run wild cat..(EXTRA MAN BLOCKING) 3 yards and a cloud of dust my ass. Did you watch Harbison run. More like 5 yards and a collision. Or 75 yards untouched.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
BUT...With that. He was smart enough to run wild cat..(EXTRA MAN BLOCKING) 3 yards and a cloud of dust my ass. Did you watch Harbison run. More like 5 yards and a collision. Or 75 yards untouched.
Oh yes up close and personal several times . He was a special player.

Those East Lincoln teams were very special. Always wondered how Shelby was able to avoid playing them in the playoffs. I guess Shelby was creative with their ADM numbers each year.

So does this mean I could go to Crest and automatically get a big time scholarship and go to the pros and get me some made multi-millons. Your logic is saying that, I'm so excited I'm going to contact your head recruiter and get me a house to stay in and go make me some millions:D the green is for the money.

Realville, I think it’s obvious based on the number of kids Crest has sent to play college and pros in the last 25 years compared to Shelby, if talented enough, overall the Crest kids get more and better offers.

FACT no grey areas to spin this one but I sure some will... Our head recruiter is available as long as there’s a need.. And you alls other county schools head recruiter is always available.. But bottom line is the parents evaluate what’s the best option..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT