ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan at Crest

Justafan56

Aug 17, 2013
West Rowan comes to Sid Bryson Stadium this Friday and will bring a very physical brand of football. Historically a very good program, the falcons barely lost to undefeated Statesville a couple weeks ago. They have a very dangerous slot/running back in #10 Jalen Houston. I have been unable to locate any stats on him but based on the film I have seen, He is very fast and will be a handful.

Good luck to the Chargers this coming week and hope to get some of those injured kids back.

This is probably the best 2nd round game in NC... This will be a tough one but I like the Chargers at home... 24-21

West Rowan comes to Sid Bryson Stadium this Friday and will bring a very physical brand of football. Historically a very good program, the falcons barely lost to undefeated Statesville a couple weeks ago. They have a very dangerous slot/running back in #10 Jalen Houston. I have been unable to locate any stats on him but based on the film I have seen, He is very fast and will be a handful.

Good luck to the Chargers this coming week and hope to get some of those injured kids back.
The Shelby played Friday night only lost by two score to Statesville.

Owe them a little payback from 2016. Them playing Statesville close and sluggish first half should have Chargers very focused this week.

Expected more interest in this game. Glad WR doesn’t have a gunslinger at QB. Those type QB’s have lit us up this year. He’s is ok but they want to impose their size on you and run the ball.
Crest D line is getting healthy and should hold their own.

looking forward to getting some payback on that 2016 game when Coach Clark disregarded the game plan and basically handed the win to West Rowan.

Expected more interest in this game. Glad WR doesn’t have a gunslinger at QB. Those type QB’s have lit us up this year. He’s is ok but they want to impose their size on you and run the ball.
Crest D line is getting healthy and should hold their own.

looking forward to getting some payback on that 2016 game when Coach Clark disregarded the game plan and basically handed the win to West Rowan.
Crest really missed #8 Hall last week hope he is back and Reavis is better when he can stand up At his DE spot

Reactions: Crest9496
If our team don’t let the Rowan team try to get in there heads I think we win. We can’t afford a bunch of personal fouls. With the tons of improvements this team has made it has been amazing. It’s not how you start but how you finish the year. I hope for the kids and coaches they can continue. Good luck to all the county teams . One week at time and hope the rain holds off.

Saw a little tape on WR, their OL looks very physical and nasty. Might be a long night of personal fouls by the Chargers. It seems inevitable with this team. WR also has a very big and physical DL. #44 looks like a man out there. I originally predicted Crest on a close win, but might call an audible here.

So crest why not go for 2 ...down 4 or 5 what's it matter when possibly could down 3 ?????

Crust lost to west Rowan...but dang that was a great game. Congrats to crust on a great season! I like your QB didnt realize he was only a 10th grader.

Please keep your coach...
C'mon wham I dont blame the crust coach on this one.....west won the line of scrimmage. Oh and west fans be ashamed ....support your damn kids who have busted their azzes since the day school was out . What did yall have like maybe 50 fans ...PITIFUL !!!!!!!

Reactions: Bulldog_012
C'mon wham I dont blame the crust coach on this one.....west won the line of scrimmage. Oh and west fans be ashamed ....support your damn kids who have busted their azzes since the day school was out . What did yall have like maybe 50 fans ...PITIFUL !!!!!!!

Crazy thing is they use to have a strong fan base. I think they left when the winning slowed down

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Looks like Crest got screwed on a couple bad calls there at the end. Long go ahead TD called back.
Crest shot themselves in the foot all night..the slow start was to much to overcome against a well coached team

The coach is legit some of the fans Suck ! Lawndog we got beat. Hell most fans say we 7-4 before year started. Yes we probably should have kicked it deep. If 10 runs TD Coach is a dumbass. Congrats rest of county teams.. Hate it for the kids.. the fans ain’t got much tied up so just get over it !

I’m not so sure it was out coaching. WR was dominate on both lines of scrimmage.

Always sad to see these young men play their last snap of high school football. Especially Richardson and Graham.

My heart goes out to the Crest kids. Crest is a county rival but they deserve to win or lose on their own merit. I’ve watched a replay of the Ruff touchdown that was called back several times and that was absolutely a horrific call by that official. High school officiating in some parts of NC is at the lowest levels that I’ve ever seen. When the Crest coaches see the film they are going to be sick.

Last edited:
Heart breaking for the chargers, not going to lie I was cheering when Ruff broke that TD at the end there, only to get it called back for holding

Man that sucked.... Great turn around for the chargers after a rough start though.... Hate to see how it ended... That little RB for West is a stud as well..ran the ball very well

There is so much more to coaching than play calling. Some of the play calling is terrible but not to much to over come, it's the small stuff that beats you against good teams.

You got the ball 4th and 6 inches and you don't put some one under center and sneak it you snap it into the gun and fake a hand off before running. Damn you needs 6 inches why the hell would you lose 4 yards before trying to gain 6 inches?

Giving them the ball at midfield everytime, not having clue what to do with time a score ie score to cut lead to 5 and you kick the PAT and not go for 2 being down 5 or 6 is exactly the same where as being down only 3 gives you a shot to tie.

It wasn't to long ago we punished teams with our special teams now it like we just try to do our best not to screw it up. I don't remember the last time we blocked a kick but I bet we haven't blocked but maybe 3 in the last 4 years, and I bet the 6 years before that we blocked 15 or 20.

He means its a circus, no offense to Burns or Shelby but we should never under and circumstances get beat by 21 and 30 points. There is no excuse for getting beat by Huss in 2 games last year by a combined 48-0.
Hot damn you dumbass we beat them this year. You must be a “K**e”... read between those lines. Quit complaining about the coach. Obviously you aren’t one! Sit back and let it ride. What more do you want? Please enlighten me! The coach deserves more time and I’m sick of hearing of you stupid son of a guns and I’m tired of the ones sitting in my damn seats in front of their Daddy and Mama too. Buy your own seat next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT