ADVERTISEMENT

west regional seeds?

bballerfanatic7

Nov 4, 2008
Are the regional semis and final seeds based on overall record? I mean do they reseed based on that after tonight?

No the sectional champ from the sectional that included the 1 seed would play the sectional champ from the sectional that had the 4 seed. and the other game would come from the 2 and 3 seed sectionals.

ok thank you. So Albemarle will play winner of North Stanly/Lincoln Charter, and WSP/Starmount winner will play Hayesville/Avery winner?

Yes, it goes exactly like the brackets go. No re-seeding.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This post was edited on 3/3 12:27 PM by Deana_King

So on the girls side if Albemarle wins tonight they will play the winner of Cherokee and Robbinsville

And the winner of Hayesville and prep will play HD?

Yes...it goes just like the bracket posted on the NCHSAA site.

Another Break for Albemarle? Cherokee wasn't a "Cake Walk"....as I expected it to be
smokin.r191677.gif

YES another break for Albemarle. Do you really think you would be better off playing someone out of the bottom. Come on now.

I don't think from what I was told about Cherokee that you would consider them a cake walk game. After hearing about the game I think honestly that is disrespectful to Cherokee and those boys. Congrats to those Cherokee boys on a great game and season.

We didn't draw seeds or put the bracket together. There is only one team that I feel bad for in matchups and that is Hayesville girls. They got a tough draw. To get to the regional finals they have togo through Bishop, Prep, and HD who is playing at a high level right now.

It's been a great playoff with a lot of great matchups which has made for a lot of great games.

I think we all can agree the 1a west boys and girls is deep this year. Any team that makes it out of the west will have earned it no joke about that.

Good luck to all teams and safe travel for them and all of the fans!!!

Everyone realizes that you did not draw up the bracket. But you must also realize that the opponent that you will draw in the Regional is not likely to be considered the favorite. That is a good break. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. last year my Trojans got a great draw in the first 2 rounds to get to a sectional final which we won against Cherryville. This year, we got the other end of the stick. We had a record of 20-3 and ran into Prep in the second round. Getting a good draw is not a crime. It happens. If you can honestly say that you would rather play any of the teams out of the bottom side that are left then you just have a different perspective than I do. There are no bad teams once you get past the first round of the playoffs, some of them will just naturally be better than others.

Cherokee matched up better with Albemarle than Alleghany would have due to their speed and athleticism, so I don't agree 84 when you say that Albemarle would've rather played Cherokee than anyone out of the bottom sectional.

I was referring to their regional draw. I had indicated that I thought they got a good draw there. And of course like always, if I do anything other than blow smoke up someones rear they got all sensitive.

Nobody is getting sensitive lol. This is a deep playoff both girls and guys. Regionals should be some great basketball...

I realize that you are not bulldog, but apparently sway was having a bad day. Obviously he did not look at the brackets where I picked Albemarle to win the West. I love chat forums though, it gives you an opportunity to throw your thoughts out there and normally get some other meaningful replies, but occasionally someone gets their feelings hurt or something. LOL

Originally posted by sway1532:
I didn't know Alleghany had a basket ball team.....seriously
smokin.r191677.gif
I watched their game with Avery last year in the regional semi-final. Great game between two very fundamentally sound squads. Enjoyed the unreal fan support.

That game is one of games that has been used as the reasoning for looking to move the regional semi-finals to a neutral court that is more suitable to the two schools. I agree with that 100%!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT