ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ West Stanly

WMFootballFanatic

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2013
What's the word on West Stanly? I know they beat South last night. West had a sloppy, ugly win again Jordan-Matthews. What are the thoughts on this one?

West Montgomery had a hell of a QB to defend against last night. That kid was tough, fast and very skilled. If they had any depth in the trenches at all they'd be a force in 2A come playoff time. Conditioning and discipline won that game for WM last night. WM will be ready for the Colts.

I think WM will get the W, but I'm more worried about them finding the motivation and camaraderie they had last year! They need to find the FIRE! Hopefully before the Thomasville game comes around...WM 28-14

123 is right. Our guys need to worry about this week given our performance last week. Lot of work to do. I'm not picking a score again until the WM team shows up. That wasn't it Friday night. That wasn't it in the scrimmages either, or at least the one I saw. We got a big target on our back every week.

Reactions: Buzzard15
PS The powerhouse teams in the East didn't struggle with bigger teams Friday night. That's what a team does, they show up every week.

That is true. Struggling against J-M and allowing a team like West Stanly to stay within 2-3 td's will be definite proof that WM will have no chance against James Kenan or W-RH.

Or a chance of even getting there Trench. Time to stop worrying about where we are in the polls, work hard, and getting back to why we have been successful under Coach Eddins. Focused on the team and working harder than everybody else. I don't know where we've been so far this season but I'm looking forward to hopefully coming back real soon.

If you are measuring the quality of the West Stanly program based on a win against South Stanly, then just remember that South Stanly is nothing more than the 6th or 7th best team in the YVC. West Montgomery will win this game, and if mistakes are evenly distributed between West Montgomery and West Stanly, WM will win by 30.

Personally, I'm not measuring West Stanly against anything. I never said anything about West Stanly. I am measuring where WM needs to be to accomplish all these grand goals everyone around here is talking about. The point I'm making is this, time to stop reading about how great we are and get to work at getting better. Cruising through what many consider a weak schedule is a recipe for an early exit in November. Time to stop cruising.

I agree WM. Talk is cheap.

You have a great coach and a very good staff. The talent is there, and if you can stay healthy, the Warriors will have a very good season. The YVC looks better this year, although Albemarle is having some growing pains with a young squad. Who knows, the "Beagles" in Biscoe might even have a winning season.

If WM plays up to their potential they will crush WS. You guys better not let them Colts hang around and play with you all. If you do then they will come into Albemarle the next week and think they are world beaters.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
I saw SS scrimmage against tville, and they were able to move the ball much easier against the dogs than they were WS. With the exception of two big scoring plays South could barely pick up a first down against the colts. WM might be a better team, but I think a 30+ victory margin might be unlikely.

I want to see I big time statement blowout win. I'm all for close interesting games but we need to light a fire and start hanging points on everybody. Most importantly we need to do it early and often in games. On that note, everybody have a great week!

Ive heard people preaching about continuing education I believe WS will learn what that's about this week. Im planning on going to the game as WS is my place of graduation and we will see which WEST wants it the worst

Ive heard people preaching about continuing education I believe WS will learn what that's about this week. Im planning on going to the game as WS is my place of graduation and we will see which WEST wants it the worst
js2000 which side will you be on

I should be there js2000.....

Damn js2000. Now I may have to ride with Cooper to Concord. Just kidding.

I believe these Warrior players have some soul searching to do! They better get over the pettiness and learn what teamwork is! If they are going to have a chance at anything this year then they better get their heads on straight! Dang, I feel like some of the great Football movies like "When the Game Stands Tall" or "Friday Night Lights" or even "Remember the Titans" could be about this WM team this year. Coach Eddins' biggest win might be if he can get his guys to work together again! I hope these guys will learn that nothing matters except the guy next to you! Nobody can do anything alone!

Can't wait until Friday night. The guys should be ready to play after a long week of practice. I think they will come out and play a lot better this week.

For all of the WM players, fans and lurkers.... One team. One goal. Stop reading the press, stop listening to the bleachers. You boys' have one hell of a chance to make something out of this season. I've refrained from calling the team out but it's time. The sum of the parts are what makes this team. Not one individual is bigger than the team. It's time for ya'll to figure it out. The locker room is where championships are won. Look to the left and the right when you sit down there. You need them both. Good luck and I hope ya'll bring it together......

Damn... all 18 players on the JV Warriors must have had a good night...... I'll put our coaching staff, conditioning program and the dedication of the team on this win. Congrats to the JVs. Heading to Oakboro tomorrow with a tad of momentum........... Better Burger in the morning for everyone that knows what I mean. See you boys in the morning.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT