ADVERTISEMENT

WEST MONTGOMERY vs. east montgomery 12-2-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDHarris

Nov 24, 2008
For the YVC title and most likely the #1 overall seed in the West Region. As one of the oppositions posters stated that the stats and numbers have been posted numerous times. But since this is the game of the week in the county here's a few tidbits of information about the head to head matchup.

West Montgomery 40 on field wins 15 losses

east montgomery 15 on field wins 40 losses

West's record at home is 18-9 and away 21-7

West Montgomery has shut out east 22 times.
West Montgomery has held east to 8 points or less in 15 games

West Montgomery total points 1,433 avg. 26.05 points per game
east montgomery total points 494 avg. 8.9 points per game

West Montgomery won 17 straight from 1968 - 1984
West Montgomery currently has an eleven game on the field winning streak that started in 2005.

November 4th will mark the first time in the two's history that they both are undefeated coming into the game. If any additional statistics are available please feel free to post them.

West Montgomery will be seeking their 18th overall Conference Championship.

Game will be packed and seating will be packed.

*West Montgomery defeated east montgomery on the field 49-0 in 2008. West Montgomery was forced to forfeit the entire season due to a clerical error by the head coach. That's why it says "ON FIELD." A win by forfeit isn't a win in my book. Sorry for the confusion. I guess I have to remember that both fan bases will be looking at this and I should make it as simple as I possibly can. Too bad I don't have the options of using crayons!

Last edited:
Those stats are not adding up. Your showing 16 EM wins and saying 15, 9 away and 7 at home. Very surprising either way that EM has more wins away than at home.

Gonna be fun to watch! I'm a WM grad however my best friend(first friend I made as a little grasshopper when my dad came back to the States from the military is an EM grad!). Also I have plenty more friends from the east side. I'm gonna probably sit on both sides at some point during the game. The matchup to watch out for IMO will be West's D Line vs East's Offensive line. I'm sure the pot is gonna get stirred in this thread lol.....

How many state championships each team got?
I know this is a rhetorical question but Im answering anyway. EM has zero and WM has ZERO. The difference is BD is on here acting like WM has 20. Cant argue that Albemarle dominated for years but that program is in bad shape right now. EM has been there and we respectfully understand the pains. It is extremely hard to recover from. EM has been fortunate to get a coaching staff that is top notch and a bunch of committed kids that have turned things around.

Reactions: steady99
Would love to see this game but my health wan't allow it. Wish somebody would do a play by play.......

Thomasville for a long time was the Team that was the best in the YVC. This game on November 4th resembles some of those match ups with Albemarle. West Montgomery and East Montgomery are Their own Teams so I want go there much

Walkertown are starting to crank things up. They play top notch competition and then play weak conference games, and upset someone like West Montgomery in the second round....

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
I know this is a rhetorical question but Im answering anyway. EM has zero and WM has ZERO. The difference is BD is on here acting like WM has 20. Cant argue that Albemarle dominated for years but that program is in bad shape right now. EM has been there and we respectfully understand the pains. It is extremely hard to recover from. EM has been fortunate to get a coaching staff that is top notch and a bunch of committed kids that have turned things around.

Classy post. Thanks. Good luck to East and West on 11/4. I'm sure most YVC fans will celebrate if one of these teams wins a state title this year.

We should all remember that success in sports goes in cycles and programs that are on top eventually trend down and vice versa. Unfortunately, some people just don't get it. . . .

Walkertown are starting to crank things up. They play top notch competition and then play weak conference games, and upset someone like West Montgomery in the second round....
Walkertown has nothing for the Montgomery schools this year. The weak conference that Mount Airy plays in will hurt them come playoff time.

Walkertown beat a very talented group of individuals last year, as talented as a group at the 1A level comes. But, they did not beat a great WM team. Those who know football, know what I mean. I would welcome them back to town this year.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
Buddy. you should be able to hear the game on 1010 on the Albemarle station - or by streaming the Troy AM station 1390.

On par with the one Mt. Airy is in. Nobody said the YVC was a powerhouse. WM's team last year was not as tough emotionally as this year's team. They also were guilty of reading their own press clippings. Walkertown came in and punched WM right in the jaw from the get go and never looked back. That Walkertown team last year was as deep as any I think I've ever seen in 1A. I do believe they put so much in beating WM that they were emotionally spent the next week. That's the thing with high school football. The adrenaline and the hype for a particular game can lead to a huge letdown the following week. No school can help the conference they are in but they can do all they can to play tough out of conference games.

I seen East play every game this year and they are better than they have been in recent years. They will give West Montgomery a tough battle! I also think East comes out on top this year. If you match QB vs QB then East has the advantage. Dozier has a rocket arm but Watts has more finesse. As far as the O line and D line East has more experienced players. If another East player can show up so they don't have to rely solely on McKinney at RB East can have a real chance! I say East by 2Tds!

the Walkertown team that beat West last year was senior loaded and a good group...beat unbeaten East Surry the next week before losing to Mitchell....teams that are doing well can't help the conference they play in....that's why they schedule good non con teams.....and then when they have off years you just have to grin and bear it....I assure you MA, West Mont and East Mount have good teams no matter how bad one might think their conference is but I will say this, look out for an outsider come playoff time...that down week will make a difference to some team

BD you seem to sure know awhole lot about this group!!!

West will come out on top in this on Coach Eddins makes his guys believe

Coach Eddins and his staff bring a lot to the table. West Montgomery and the community are fortunate enough to have a group that invests time on and off the field to make the place better not just on the football field. As far as the game goes both teams showed some glaring weaknesses Friday night. East gave up 20 fourth quarter points to North Moore. I'm sure there were subs in the game but to give up 34 points is eye opening. West Montgomery had more turnovers against SS than they have had in any game all year. So from my perspective this game is West Montgomery's Defense vs. east montgomery's offense.

Albemarle scored 12 on East Montgomery! That should tell you all that you need to know. We've only scored in double digits (3) times this year. 12 on East, 13 on Chatham, and 36 in our 1 and ONLY win against South Davidson. :cool:

East and West have no common opponent outside the conference, and the conference is so weak, it's hard to tell anything. I do know this means little, but they did play teams that played each other. West beat Thomasville 22 - 6. Wheatmore beat Thomasville 22-6. Wheatmore tied Trinity (won in OT, 40 - 37) East beat Trinity 48-23. East Davidson beat Trinity 31-29, beat Thomasville by 7.
From this it seems the Eagles have the edge. But we all know the game must be played and factors beyond the score lines of other games will come into play.

East will have to do better on defense to have a chance and that's the bottom line!

Albemarle scored 12 on East Montgomery! That should tell you all that you need to know. We've only scored in double digits (3) times this year. 12 on East, 13 on Chatham, and 36 in our 1 and ONLY win against South Davidson. :cool:
It tells you that East's 3rd string and JV players are a tad weaker than the rest of the "good " teams 3rd/jv units. It was 42-0 at half when the starters and key reserves came out. EM is talented , but not very deep at certain positions.

East will have to do better on defense to have a chance and that's the bottom line!
I thought the defense played well from scrimmage , special team errors put them in several bad spots and #10 for NM is very good. You are right though, the entire team will need their "A" game to have a chance vs WM.

WM has four or five #10's from NM. And WM has more than just the duo of Dozier and Leake that east montgomery will have to try and game plan for. Yes, they are the two primary options but to think shutting those two down will win you the game, well, just try it and see. WM is almost at 100% health wise barring any injury the next two weeks. First time all season I believe. Friday's defensive performance was one of the best I've ever seen. Numerous times SS started deep in Warrior territory only to have the defense come up with a turnover or TFLs. That's the mark of a good team. Offense put up 350+ yards but they were sloppy and out of sync. Two weeks to work out the offensive issues definitely didn't do em any favors. I will refrain from making any predictions on the game this far out. There's two weeks left for two groups of teenagers to keep their heads on straight and walk the line. If em doesn't bring their "A" game in every defensive aspect of the game and especially on special teams......could be win #41 for the Warriors.

Have seen both play, and it's a toss up. But just something about the Warriors that envokes doubt over on the east side. And games in Wadeville. Going with West in a dogfight

I'm thinking it will pick up next week. But honestly, not much to discuss. Like I have said the numbers speak for themselves. If em wasn't in Montgomery County this would be another NM, SS, CC etc.....game. Plus they win once every 10-12 years on average, they are a sub .500 team in conference play for the last 12 years and they are a 2A school that is favored by every site I've visited. They pretty much are a LOCK to win this game. Anything else would be very disappointing to the eagle fans.

Last edited:
Definitely will pick up next week. It's going to seem like an eternity for these kids and coaches

I'm thinking it will pick up next week. But honestly, not much to discuss. Like I have said the numbers speak for themselves. If em wasn't in Montgomery County this would be another NM, SS, CC etc.....game. Plus they win once every 10-12 years on average, they are a sub .500 team in conference play for the last 12 years and they are a 2A school that is favored by every site I've visited. They pretty much are a LOCK to win this game. Anything else would be very disappointing to the eagle fans.
I am quite certain of ONE thing , the history of the games between EM and WM have nothing to do with this year's game, with the possible exception of last year ( several of the same players). I have only seen West play once this year ( vs Southern Guilford at the EM jamboree ) , I also saw EM play the same opponent . West did very well, EM did not. EM is much, much better now . Im sure WM is better too, I just dont know how much better. ( I have not seen them play) I think one of your earlier posts said you had WM as a 3.5 point favorite. That seems very reasonable, as a matter of fact if WM actually has "4 or 5 #10s from North Moore" , West should be favored every game the rest of the year. I know the Eagle team has as much heart as any team Ive seen and they play well together, hopefully it will be a good game and EM can pull it out.

History always plays a part. You can say that until the cows come home. But WMont expects to beat East. East expects to lose to West. That's the tradition

History always plays a part. You can say that until the cows come home. But WMont expects to beat East. East expects to lose to West. That's the tradition
I have always wondered how someone could have 19,460 messages and only 76 likes and then I read this nonsense, unless of course you have polled all of the East players this year and they say " I expect to lose to West".

Reactions: atucker2
Ha Ha..... Losing to West Montgomery is a birth right for the football team and players at east montgomery. No need to poll them. History matters. It's like thumping your little brother on the head routinely. If you don't think that the players from em will look up in the stands and see the Warrior faithful, hear the drums, cheers and screams and not realize that they are in hostile territory you have never been to one of the games at Warrior Stadium. Add in the factor that an undefeated team is coming to town and multiply that.

As far as Griddie receiving likes, well, you obviously don't know who he is or you'd not have made that asinine comment. I've also never given a prediction or a spread on the game. You must be reading other sites and have gotten confused. As far as #10 from NM, he's a good player. Very athletic and fast. Have you seen West Montgomery play a game this year? Not sure #10 could crack the starting lineup with the players that we have that are playing the same position that he does and that by no means is disrespecting him. It just goes to show you how athletic and deep at the skill position this West Montgomery Warrior team is.

Ha Ha..... Losing to West Montgomery is a birth right for the football team and players at east montgomery. No need to poll them. History matters. It's like thumping your little brother on the head routinely. If you don't think that the players from em will look up in the stands and see the Warrior faithful, hear the drums, cheers and screams and not realize that they are in hostile territory you have never been to one of the games at Warrior Stadium. Add in the factor that an undefeated team is coming to town and multiply that.

As far as Griddie receiving likes, well, you obviously don't know who he is or you'd not have made that asinine comment. I've also never given a prediction or a spread on the game. You must be reading other sites and have gotten confused. As far as #10 from NM, he's a good player. Very athletic and fast. Have you seen West Montgomery play a game this year? Not sure #10 could crack the starting lineup with the players that we have that are playing the same position that he does and that by no means is disrespecting him. It just goes to show you how athletic and deep at the skill position this West Montgomery Warrior team is.
My bad BD , you are correct , under the "Yadkin Valley 1A Conference Predictions Week #10" thread , you said " Vegas" had the early line at WM -3.5 , since that isnt true , I figured it was your opinion. Still a reasonable prediction. Also you never enlightened me as to when did Gavin Watts play QB for WM, I "checked my facts " as you suggested and I just cant find when that happened. One last thing , I know you know and I dont , what was the football record of West Montgomery vs East Montgomery from 1968 -1988 ?

Here we go...

em wins. NM makes a decent showing but falters in the second half.
North Stanly gets a running clock before the half. The players from AHS that are decent sign LOIs to attend NS for next season and finally abandon the sinking ship.
CC deserves a win. I'll go with them over Union.
SS sees the same plays that NS saw. Since EM91 spouted off about WM having only two options on offense I think that the stat sheet from the last few games my prove our esteemed politician wrong.

I will say that I predict that every tv channel that covers Montgomery County will have a copter in flight for November 4th. Should be the most anticipated game in 25 years. Vegas has the early odds at WM -3.5. Over/Under at 80. Line could move if SD forfeits and gives WM an extra week to prepare for the dynamic eagle duo. Can't wait to see the em Herald preview the game.
Just in case someone hacked your account , when this line was given .

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT