ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ North Moore

Stangfan82,

Help me out here...I was afraid of this. Too much hype and in the end our boys are left with wounded pride. I love my Green & Gold but how do we "build" a program and not a resume!

We have our "best" team in years and no none is concerned that we graduate at least 15 seniors and the JV is non existent. No QB in the program and the wildcat won't work every play next season and without Coach Vogt what will we do?

How did we do it back in the day? We were at worst a consistent .500 team and at best ranked #1 in the polls.

Talking smack and getting hype has its place but my concern are our kids. They are working hard and deserve?
What is your deal Magic?? Why does no one seemed concerned with all the things you are mentioning...maybe because we are in the middle of our season!! Since you started posting on the football threads recently ALL you want to talk about is us not having another QB and our coach leaving. You have NO idea what our coach is going to do and it's unfair to him and the kids on the team for you to keep talking like it's a foregone conclusion that he's leaving. It was brought to my attention at the game last night that "Mustang Magic" originally started posting on the basketball site and you seem to be real positive when you post over there. Hopefully you are not on here just trying to stir things up. I don't know but if you are a true fan of NM high and NM athletics you'll be positive. As far as the game last night, there was only one guy talking smack and everyone knows he's just having fun. The better team with the better athletes won. They are the favorites to make it to the state championship...no our program is not on that level. If you thought we were then you are delusional

Just an opinion from an outside observer and I probably should not even comment but I am. When you have a great coach, you need to recognize it. He will develop your younger guys. And it is easy to see why everyone thought that WM was vulnerable. We have played some sloppy and uninspired ball at times this year. We are still vulnerable and not playing anywhere close to a Championship level. But we have seen some flashes. Take this in stride and don't worry. Important game this week and the team needs your full support. Good luck this week!

Reactions: Warrior'77
What is your deal Magic?? Why does no one seemed concerned with all the things you are mentioning...maybe because we are in the middle of our season!! Since you started posting on the football threads recently ALL you want to talk about is us not having another QB and our coach leaving. You have NO idea what our coach is going to do and it's unfair to him and the kids on the team for you to keep talking like it's a foregone conclusion that he's leaving. It was brought to my attention at the game last night that "Mustang Magic" originally started posting on the basketball site and you seem to be real positive when you post over there. Hopefully you are not on here just trying to stir things up. I don't know but if you are a true fan of NM high and NM athletics you'll be positive. As far as the game last night, there was only one guy talking smack and everyone knows he's just having fun. The better team with the better athletes won. They are the favorites to make it to the state championship...no our program is not on that level. If you thought we were then you are delusional
Stangfan82 I am so glad that you realize I just post for the most part on here just to have fun and try and ruffle some feathers,but I do have a lot of confidence in these boys and coaches and do believe they can and are going to do great this year .

"that sports writer is over at The Pilot wrote a decent article. Maybe some spell-check would help, but I'm no word-smith myself. It was entertaining anyway. North Moore will probably beat North Stanly".

Read the article look like 4th grade writing to me. Ol' Curios would've done a much better job. If NM beats us, with or without the best back in the conference (WISCONSIN), I will not eat crow, I'll eat mustang dung!

Alot of hostility towards WM last week, almost felt like all of ncpreps was pulling against our kids, why I have no idea........

Stangfan82,

I understand that you have misunderstood my concern, but if you are suggesting that by being positive on a basketball site is "stirring" things up then you my friend maybe delusional.

I am from a generation in which there was just the Mustangs, NOT football mustangs or basketball mustangs or baseball mustangs.

One team one dream, ALL MUSTANGS! However, I do see your point this is the middle of the season and the guys are working hard and NOT anything else matters at this point.

FYI, you were misinformed my first post was baseball not basketball. I am a real MUSTANG!

Point blank West Montgomery finally played to its potential and was simply superior athletically. North Moore has a good football team. West Montgomery, when they play, has a great football team. The outcome was no surprise to the long timers on here.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
I hope that wasn't all their potential because the playoffs looks dim if it is. Remember West played NM.

I think the defense played really well the entire game minus one play. The offense plays in spurts. I agree that WM has not played a complete game yet. But if they ever do, look out. But they got to put those slow starts behind them. That is really worrisome.

Alright North Moore Faithful save this Energy for the Comet Fans

AGREED! Pulling for the Stangs in this one, win it guys and the Headhunter will change the profile photo to this. Best of luck.
1295365985_north_moore_mustangs.gif

Talking about offense, I know this is going to make some mad but does West have someone to throw a accurate ball because when West plays a good team that the defense plays press I see a lot of int's, just saying.

Just my opinion, but WM is a running team. I pray for press coverage. It makes the perimeter defenders easier to block without tracking them down. Having to track them down can lead to some of those holding and illegal block in the back penalties we all love so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT