ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ North Moore

So, North Moore what happened? Did the fumes from the short bus get to your brains? Or do y'all not have the required equipment? DURR! Keep licking' windows so your school can save money on Windex and spend it on more fish sticks.

Good grief, I think the starters getting pulled with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter kept it closer than it could have been as well. You can't analyze only one variable. Be careful cause the last time we played your team, the starters didn't get pulled and you may want that same courtesy soon.

Good grief guys! If u don't count the second qtr it's a slim 7-6 warrior win

Shows what you know about football. When the game was clearly in hand and North Moore had no chance at stopping the running game Coach Eddins began using the little ponies as practice fodder. The offensive sets completely changed as did the plays. The second half was nothing more than a glorified practice. So you can take that comment and consider it filed for future reference. If you don't think there's a good chance that NM could visit WM for the first round of the playoffs you are delusional. I hope that's the case and then let's hear you good griefing about how WM hung 70 on your poor little team. Like I said earlier, NM is no more than a 5th place team and from what I saw Thursday night from the JV squad they may be enjoying the best year they are going to have for a very long time. Know your role NM. It's not football and it's never been.

Yes Buzzard, I was going to tell him we would go ahead and spot them 300 yards for Williams and 28 points and I still can't figure out where they will get the other 28 points they would need to win, but my doctor says I need to work on my blood pressure lol.

I think our offense is coming around and they should be there in the end in full force when it really counts and I think that is what we all have been noticing. But, I think we are much better defensively this year. I think because of the way our graduations hit, we expected the offense to go crazy and the defense to take time, but it has been the other way around. Yes, we are going to give up some big plays here or there because they are so aggressive, but our defense has been very impressive to me.

Yes I agree. Our Defense is so fast that they over run they play sometimes. Those Linemen have really put on muscle and weight! They handled the "Awesome Front 7" of North Moore with out much of a problem. Our Linebackers are gritty and mean, and the secondary is fast, strong and ball hungry! Now, the Offense still needs some cleaning up in some areas but they are definitely coming around. I think we will peak at the perfect time!

My bad... we have so many haters that it's hard to keep track of which school's crowing about what. But one damn thing is for sure...... We all know who the hell they are chasing and have been for a while. North Stanly... well..... you had your moment or two in the sun and if I recall you got your comeuppance more than once. Go ahead and start your crowing on here. You'll get the same damn thing you get every year.

We have a new coach new philosophy and a beefed up line. The warriors have owned the YVC forever (lol) I mean two years. We'll be ready and I guarantee it will not be like last year! By the way Hairy I mean Harris why the foul language. I was taught when you use curse words it's because you are not smart enough to use the proper word.

We have a new coach new philosophy and a beefed up line. The warriors have owned the YVC forever (lol) I mean two years. We'll be ready and I guarantee it will not be like last year! By the way Hairy I mean Harris why the foul language. I was taught when you use curse words it's because you are not smart enough to use the proper word.
Remember when NS won the YVC.....

Sometimes in life you gotta call it like it was, and what that was last night was an ass-kickin. No since in talking your way out of a corner facing a corner; however, North Moore fans are certainly not as bad as they've been made out to sound on this thread. I was hoping the conference could take a step forward with competition this year so that our state representatives in November would be in better shape against other conference reps. No challenges will come in the YVC for West. Albemarle gave up 20 to Chatham and East Montgomery will not keep West below 40 either. So if we call it like it is, the Yack'n Valley Conference still sucks competition wise. We're not making any strides. Another great West showing last evening. That made the 18 hour workday a little more tolerable I think. Best of luck as you move forward Warriors.

This will be last post on this thread bc it is time to move on. Like I said on the score update thread, the superior team with the superior talent won the game. It's really that simple. WM defense was very very impressive and in the 2nd qtr you showed why you are so dangerous on offense. But I would like to clarify a couple of things. I respect you WM posters and personally find you all to be pretty knowledgable folks. But I would respectfully disagree with a couple of posts made. BD, from what I saw, your coach changed nothing in the second half. You lined up in maybe one different formation from the first half and ran the same plays. In no way was your coach trying to keep the score down if that's what you were implying. Yall threw multiple deep balls in the second half that if completed would have gone for touchdowns. And to Foot, from what I saw, your 2 stud running backs carried the ball well into the 4th qtr except for your last drive of the game. I actually held my breath for a second when number 9 went down in the 4th qtr and looked to be injured. That kid is a stud and I'd hate to see that happen to him in the 4th when the game was already over. I think that ended up being his last carry. But best of luck to yall. You all will have a great shot to represent the west in the finals. Hope it happens.

My bad. According to the Pilot, that final score came with 8:24 to go. I was off on what I said by 1:36 when I said 10 minutes. I was not meaning to say anything bad about you. My apologies. Best of luck the rest of the year.

Whoever that sports writer is over at The Pilot wrote a decent article. Maybe some spell-check would help, but I'm no word-smith myself. It was entertaining anyway. North Moore will probably beat North Stanly In my opinion. Stop Williams and you shut them down. As WM found out the last couple years, he don't like to get hit!

I actually have a nephew on that beefed up line! He talks more crap than a Chinese radio but he says they are better! I doubt it though..

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
This will be last post on this thread bc it is time to move on. Like I said on the score update thread, the superior team with the superior talent won the game. It's really that simple. WM defense was very very impressive and in the 2nd qtr you showed why you are so dangerous on offense. But I would like to clarify a couple of things. I respect you WM posters and personally find you all to be pretty knowledgable folks. But I would respectfully disagree with a couple of posts made. BD, from what I saw, your coach changed nothing in the second half. You lined up in maybe one different formation from the first half and ran the same plays. In no way was your coach trying to keep the score down if that's what you were implying. Yall threw multiple deep balls in the second half that if completed would have gone for touchdowns. And to Foot, from what I saw, your 2 stud running backs carried the ball well into the 4th qtr except for your last drive of the game. I actually held my breath for a second when number 9 went down in the 4th qtr and looked to be injured. That kid is a stud and I'd hate to see that happen to him in the 4th when the game was already over. I think that ended up being his last carry. But best of luck to yall. You all will have a great shot to represent the west in the finals. Hope it happens.

Stangfan82,

Help me out here...I was afraid of this. Too much hype and in the end our boys are left with wounded pride. I love my Green & Gold but how do we "build" a program and not a resume!

We have our "best" team in years and no none is concerned that we graduate at least 15 seniors and the JV is non existent. No QB in the program and the wildcat won't work every play next season and without Coach Vogt what will we do?

How did we do it back in the day? We were at worst a consistent .500 team and at best ranked #1 in the polls.

Talking smack and getting hype has its place but my concern are our kids. They are working hard and deserve?

Well team I was on my Senior year only fielded 13-15 players most weeks unless jv had an off week and we were undefeated through the season. If kids can buy into doing their assignments and quit trying to make the highlight reel plays they will be ok. It is only going to help the program in the long run that this end of the county is fielding good teams at the 8-12 year old range

Well team I was on my Senior year only fielded 13-15 players most weeks unless jv had an off week and we were undefeated through the season. If kids can buy into doing their assignments and quit trying to make the highlight reel plays they will be ok. It is only going to help the program in the long run that this end of the county is fielding good teams at the 8-12 year old range
94 I will tell you part of the problem ,they do not practice like we did ,yes they practice everyday ,but it is nowhere near as hard as we did they hardly ever go full speed and hardly ever hit each other it is more two hand tag ,now I say hardly ever because they do hit some. You can see the lack of tackling during practice on some of the plays during games. As far as the jv team goes they basically run 4 or 5 different plays during their games ,my other son plays 7 and 8 yr old tackle and they run way better plays than the jv runs,they run reverses, double reverses ,sweeps, options, 4 to 5 passes a game, and the list goes on. They seem not to get in much trouble when they are lazy, when they get out hustled and so on and like I said mine plays on team and if he is lazy or not doing what he is supposed to I want the coaches to chew him out,but if the coaches keep calling plays that 8 yr olds could figure out what was going on then that is not the players fault. Last thing I am going to say to sit up in the stands and say what should be done and being down on that field making the decisions is totally different and I understand that,but you have to have confidence in your players that they can do more than they are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT