ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ East Montgomery

East has a good team but most of all their coach was terrific. #24 is definitely one of if not the best back we faced this year, however, Jo Leake made more plays when it mattered. East should get a playoff win this year.

Now, I'm concerned with our offense. If we only put up 26 and struggled against EM, how deep can we go and is it possible to beat one of the juggernauts from the east should we even make it to state? This was not a shot at East, just honesty on how good the competition gets in round 3.

Anyways, congrats to the West Montgomery Warriors on the 3rd straight conference title.

Well played by EM. Well prepared and well played. WM defense ended up being the bright spot again. Nothing wrong with a nasty, ugly win. I would be very surprised if Joe Leake is not the conference player of the year to be honest. He has showed up the most in the big games. Pedro Sustaita was the player of the game. No doubt Coach Hammer should be at the top of a short list for COY.
The defense as well as the kicker were super good tonight. Im also proud of EM, dont believe in moral victories, but this should give EM a confident stepping stone going into the playoffs.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
EM has nothing to hang their head about Sweaterfee. They did very well. If they can bring that same intensity, they will be fine. Forget about tonight and move on

Reactions: Sweaterfee
East has a good team but most of all their coach was terrific. #24 is definitely one of if not the best back we faced this year, however, Jo Leake made more plays when it mattered. East should get a playoff win this year.

Now, I'm concerned with our offense. If we only put up 26 and struggled against EM, how deep can we go and is it possible to beat one of the juggernauts from the east should we even make it to state? This was not a shot at East, just honesty on how good the competition gets in round 3.

Anyways, congrats to the West Montgomery Warriors on the 3rd straight conference title.

Nothing to worry about. We played our biggest rival at their place and won. We got their best shot after their bye so they were well-rested and healthy. For the 4th week in a row, we had an OL on the sideline. We just need to get healthy, survive and advance. No one will have 2 weeks to prepare from here on out. No one is going to blow out everybody. We got plenty to think about before worrying about anyone down east anyway. East has as many offensive weapons as anyone we will see and the defense played very well. We will be fine.

Congrats Fanatic. I think WM is the best in the west in 1AA

Thanks Redy. Good luck to you guys. From here on out, one penalty, one turnover, or one bad night and the party is over. I thought that last year too. Its anybody's ball game now. Everybody who has a seat at the table has a chance.

Joe Leake is and should be POY.... Pedro should finish 2nd. Hammer is COY...... Just to keep up with things.......em had ONE play that resulted in points......... That WM defense is nasty........ 39-16

There was a reason for that Pride. They were running an old-timey 50 front. I haven't seen that in years. Well played by EM. We definitely were thrown off balance by it in the first half. We for sure have got to get the penalties under control. But I tell you what, if we give up 6 points per game in the playoffs, we'll be fine. We've become so used to scoring big, I'll take that nasty defense as BD says. Not too many 48-47 playoff games and never anything like that in state championship games. Defense wins championships. And it won the conference championship tonight.

In 2011, WM could have won state if not for the fun we run into up in Swain County. We beat a much, much less talented EM team that year 17-10. In 2013, it was 7-0 at half versus a much, much less talented EM team. Let's not forget we did win the game.

I still wake up in cold sweats over that one...lol. We will end up thanking EM for this. I had predicted 49-28. It was 26-6. Almost an identical spread. I did not think it would be a blowout, but that WM would pull away in the end. That's exactly what happened. Just in a different way than I predicted. Everything is as it should be.

In 2011, WM could have won state if not for the fun we run into up in Swain County. We beat a much, much less talented EM team that year 17-10. In 2013, it was 7-0 at half versus a much, much less talented EM team. Let's not forget we did win the game.
Talent gap is much closer between this years WM and EM teams , for the most part. The huge GAP is on special teams philosophies( my opinion ) and execution ( fact). WM is flawless on special teams, while EM has a ways to go in many facets of special teams.

Careful
I have to return to this one, Sweaterfee. It is such a classic that it reminds me of another famous line spoken by a character named Hamlet:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." William Shakespeare
NM.
That was a good game. 91, you and I go head to head. I will say this, East Montgomery has a good team. They played well. The best team won.
You mean we're not irrelevant?

Joe Leake is and should be POY.... Pedro should finish 2nd. Hammer is COY...... Just to keep up with things.......em had ONE play that resulted in points......... That WM defense is nasty........ 39-16
Heard Leake was hurt. Might miss next week. Any truth to that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT