ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ East Montgomery

Thought you were going to let the players do the talking 2 hours ago. Let the game play out then we can talk for the next 12 months.

I'm guessing the "run and shoot" 5 wideout offense set that Coach installed this week may have been a mistake......

To begin ... Long time lurker, first time poster.

Back in the 80's, 90's , and even most of the 00's people in the county were more divided than they are today. Back then it was more of a lack of communication (ie. No internet, No cheap computers) but today everyone is friends with everyone else via facebook or some other social media portal so that division has gradually eased. I graduated in '85 from EM and back then if me and my hombres went to the west side to go to McDonald's ( I still don't think there was one back then ) I know Coach Appenzeller would have ran my arse off for a year. I knew who the football players were for WM but i sure didn't KNOW them. Today everyone knows everyone else. Whether that be by playing on the same Dixie or Legion BB teams, being friends on the facebook or twitter it doesn't matter. The world is a lot smaller because of the Internet. Now I have a kid at WM and one that has graduated from there and every Friday I still wish I could suit up one more time.

But I digress. Time's change. Seeing WM people on the East side and EM people on the West side shouldn't be construed as trying to start something. Kids are just being kids. And if they wanted to start something it'd be over the Internet.

WM 48 - EM 7

Reactions: Sweaterfee
Interesting, I think rain hurts EM, who uses a lot of motion and misdirection . WM looks like they can run several different types of offense , pounding it up the middle being one of them.

I think WM prefers spreading the field, but they are built to line up and grind it out if necessary. Hopefully it will dry out some. Is it still raining in Biscoe?

Yeah I could see that.

But I have a serious question...
Will there be hot dogs? Someone mentioned at the jv game East didn't have hot dogs.

West 3 East 0 at halftime. Reminiscent of 2011 game at East when East led 3-0 at half, except temp was about 25 degrees cooler, and it felt like it sleeted the entire game. West won that one 17-10 if the memory serves me.

Leake scores rushing TD after EM turns ball over on downs on their own 2 yard line. WM with 2 pt conversion after penalty lead 26-6. Less than 2 mins left

EM had 2 weeks to prepare and they used that time wisely. They were ready for almost anything WM could throw at them in the first half. Even the 3rd qtr was competitive. Something happened in the 4th that flipped a switch and EM went flat. But I will say Dozier (WM) seemed to struggle some, possibly a wet ball? Who knows but that sure is a tough kid!

Once again the Defense shined and the Offense decided to play one quarter. I just like it better when that quarter is the first or second. I don't have a kid playing and my nerves were shot. Anyway, congrats to West and also to East for the big turnaround. Hammer should definantly be in the running for Coach of the Year.

I saw # 24 at the EM vs NS game and I was impressed with his play and someone said he's a 10 th grader,he has a bright future and one more note that coach you guys have at EM is a good one also and has made the most difference too

Reactions: EM91
Great ball game to watch. A total dogfight for 3 1/2 quarters. I wouldn't expect much smack talk about this game, really and truly it could of went either way. I think the officials did an excellent job. The game was called fairly and for the most part they let the kids play ball. Looking forward to the playoffs now. No reason that either team can't go deep and possibly meet up again.

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
That was a good game. 91, you and I go head to head. I will say this, East Montgomery has a good team. They played well. The best team won.

Reactions: EM91
Well played by EM. Well prepared and well played. WM defense ended up being the bright spot again. Nothing wrong with a nasty, ugly win. I would be very surprised if Joe Leake is not the conference player of the year to be honest. He has showed up the most in the big games. Pedro Sustaita was the player of the game. No doubt Coach Hammer should be at the top of a short list for COY.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT