ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ East Montgomery

I think the game can be close but I am not hopeful of the outcome. That said, I wonder what BD does once football season is over.
He moves to the basketball thread and continues to talk about how undisciplined and unclassy EM is. Be careful he may invite you to come share wifi with him at the library or stake out at mcdonalds and wait on EM players to illegally eat there.

So west players should head over to the biscoe mcdonalds on game week with their jackets on. Seriously. Why even look for trouble. If im coaching id tell my kids to avoid that mess during game week unless they are going ro jv game.

The same thing I have done for 56.5 years. And yes, it's THAT side of the river. You are delusional if you don't think 90% of the people in the county refer to either side that way. Or not old enough to realize what it means.

Griddie I hear them too........ Just wondering if they do in Biscoe yet?

He moves to the basketball thread and continues to talk about how undisciplined and unclassy EM is. Be careful he may invite you to come share wifi with him at the library or stake out at mcdonalds and wait on EM players to illegally eat there.

Glad I have a cult following. You have shown your class more than once. 10 hours will be kickoff. Once that happens I'm sure you'll get exactly what you deserve. Enjoy the game and if you had any idea about high school athletics the players coming over and strutting around was an intentional way of disrespecting West. You use the term "illegally" when nothing was ever said about the legality of them being there. You take things that are said and interpret them for your agenda. Hope for an injury free game and a safe crowd. West so far is 2-0 against em this season and I guess if we can figure out how to keep score we will be 3-0. I mean, how did the middle school team and the jv team figure out a way to win??????

WM 35 em 7

You know they do. They are echoing and vibrating off the mountains. I bet the sand is sifting on THAT side of the river.

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
Ha Ha!!!! Be careful... you may get ol' 91 fired up. You don't want that legal eagle after you!!!

So west players should head over to the biscoe mcdonalds on game week with their jackets on. Seriously. Why even look for trouble. If im coaching id tell my kids to avoid that mess during game week unless they are going ro jv game.
This is a very primitive way of thinking. A lot of the kids from both sides are friends, have played on youth teams together as well as attend social events together. The people who think there is trouble brewing from going over to someone's "side" to eat are either from the stone age or never played sports ( or very least not any good at them) or BOTH.

Time to let the players do the talking, good luck to both teams. I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about after the game.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
This is a very primitive way of thinking. A lot of the kids from both sides are friends, have played on youth teams together as well as attend social events together. The people who think there is trouble brewing from going over to someone's "side" to eat are either from the stone age or never played sports ( or very least not any good at them) or BOTH.

I think you may epitomize your post. You certainly didn't. I actually agree with 91.... time to shut up and let the game be played. I hope y'all will be here around 10 pm or so. Don't really expect it but will be curious to see who shows back up.

I think you may epitomize your post. You certainly didn't. I actually agree with 91.... time to shut up and let the game be played. I hope y'all will be here around 10 pm or so. Don't really expect it but will be curious to see who shows back up.
" certainly didnt" what?

You can read. Figure it out superstar.
I figured that you mean, I was one that never played or not any good or stone age. If that is the case , your wrong again. I played 3 sports at EM , football ( western finals) , basketball ( western finals) and baseball ( 3rd round) my senior year, all- conference in 2 of the sports. I also have a child currently in high school . All of these things make me just as or more so qualified to comment on these issues as anyone. There is more out there in the world than what is discussed at the Better Burger. Im glad WM has an awesome football team to achieve things you more than likely fell short at.

primitive can be reality, sorry just that way. Good luck to both teams. Hope its injury free and all the fans ect enjoy and have safe travels.

LMAO...this was a good one.

I figured that you mean, I was one that never played or not any good or stone age. If that is the case , your wrong again. I played 3 sports at EM , football ( western finals) , basketball ( western finals) and baseball ( 3rd round) my senior year, all- conference in 2 of the sports. I also have a child currently in high school . All of these things make me just as or more so qualified to comment on these issues as anyone. There is more out there in the world than what is discussed at the Better Burger. Im glad WM has an awesome football team to achieve things you more than likely fell short at.

This one gets an A+ just for the Better Burger reference. And those accomplishments in football, basketball, and baseball are from the best of East's athletic years. I know, we bumped heads in all three sports with some great games in 87-88.

This thread had so much promise a few days ago when it was young. But as it got older and started hanging out with that wild crowd, just look how it turned out! ;)

Y'all guys go at it! School/community spirit is something few high schools and their respective graduates care about these days. Enjoy it and the rivalries; maybe we can re-ignite some of those dimming flames of yesteryear. . . and make those red, light blue, forest green, royal blue, or whatever color letter jacket, a little more meaningful and the word "pride" part of our vocabularies again.

There is more out there in the world than what is discussed at the Better Burger.

I have to return to this one, Sweaterfee. It is such a classic that it reminds me of another famous line spoken by a character named Hamlet:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." William Shakespeare

This one gets an A+ just for the Better Burger reference. And those accomplishments in football, basketball, and baseball are from the best of East's athletic years. I know, we bumped heads in all three sports with some great games in 87-88.
Those were the Wilbert Davis ( i think name is right) days. I actually played vs Kevin Phillips and Chris Lambert ( good friends of mine to this day) teams.

So wait those kids wear their letter jackets and that's seen as some sort of insult????? Just kids being kids wow. That's like somebody raising hell about kids wearing WM jackets in the Biscoe wal mart.

Those were the Wilbert Davis ( i think name is right) days. I actually played vs Kevin Phillips and Chris Lambert ( good friends of mine to this day) teams.

Yep, it was Wilbert, and Chris's brother Dwayne was a wide out. East had Ricky Watts, Alex Ingram, Danny Green, Jeff Forbes...strange how I can recall those names after all these years.

Reactions: Sweaterfee
For all those expecting a running clock, and for what its worth, Brian Simmons predicts WM by 13. Rain could make that Vegas spread go down even more! Hoping for a great game!

For all those expecting a running clock, and for what its worth, Brian Simmons predicts WM by 13. Rain could make that Vegas spread go down even more! Hoping for a great game!
Interesting, I think rain hurts EM, who uses a lot of motion and misdirection . WM looks like they can run several different types of offense , pounding it up the middle being one of them.

Vince Lombardi wouldn't help em tonight............
boom boom boom boom....................

Congrats on your stellar high school career. Somewhere someone is singing Glory Days and talking about throwing a football over a mountain.........

Vince Lombardi wouldn't help em tonight............

Congrats on your stellar high school career. Somewhere someone is singing Glory Days and talking about throwing a football over a mountain.........
Just letting you know that I dont/didnt epitomize my post and I also despise participation trophies. If you really believe that there is something wrong with a kid going to the "west " side Mcdonalds with his East lettermans jacket and he/they are "sending a message", we cant have an intelligent conversation. Good Day.

Good day to you as well. Enjoy the game. And I will stand by my statement. They were there to get a rise/attention. It was bush league and you can disagree if you want. In the late 70's - 80's no way in the world would that have been acceptable by either coach. Call it what you want but I'm not alone with that opinion. Some of the youngsters on here don't feel the same about the rivalry because for the most part they haven't had to experience defeat on the football field to em. To them, em is just another South Davidson, Chatham Central etc....... Those of us long in the tooth can't stand to see em win in any sport. That's a fact.

You have a mcdonalds for this one week a year. Keep that baby blue over in the sand til tomorrow

You have a mcdonalds for this one week a year. Keep that baby blue over in the sand til tomorrow
LOL , surely no one with the ability to log on to a device and actually type a sentence can think this statement is correct. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Im sure there are some who still think the world is flat, good day to you as well sir.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT